Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Purpose In Life?

EpicEnergy

I just want to see this pitiful phoenix be reborn into something worthwile. Like dear brother said. "neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth". The time of fire and tares comes now. But, holy of holies, if this hasn't been a pitiful harverst for him.
I just want to go home and bed my sister so we can love each other like good brothers do. I am so tired of it all. There is not one day I don't ask why we just don't burn it all to hell. But there are certain procedures when it comes to soul harvesting. Not like that mattered when he drowned the entire world. He doesn't like to lose. But who does? I am a broken man speaking nonsense in a forum about colorful magic horses. How pathetic is that? Anyway. Hopefully, we can speed up the end times process.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-03-07 at 2:23 PM, EpicEnergy said:

I see that there is no purpose in life whatsoever.

Good for you.  Most people don't get that.

On 2021-04-12 at 10:23 PM, WWolf said:

I pass butter.

You beat me to it.  :dry:

• Brohoof 1

Either to understand Quantum Mechanics, or to understand Albert Einstein.

Why?

Because then I can become a "good" YouTuber. Most YouTubers are bad but still keep mentioning Albert Einstein for revenue. (This is because Albert Einstein is not a trademark or copyrighted, and has nothing to do with science)

• Brohoof 1

I can't see a purpose for myself and that troubles me. I never really had a dream goal for myself as a teenager, or adult really. I just cared about finishing high school which stressed me out so much, but then I feel like my years after that were mostly wasted taking courses not amounting to anything and going through some temporary jobs/internships. Eventually I stumbled into a job that's good enough. Only now have I actually set a goal for myself but one which I am unable to achieve due to a combination of bad luck and my poor social skills. Even though I found a job, something that I stressed greatly about when I was younger, I feel just as lost and hopeless as ever.

The sad thing is, in life there is no purpose set for you by default. But that makes this kind of exciting in my opinion. You must go outside of your comfort zone, try new things, and ultimately FAIL to find your own purpose.

I'd say my purpose starts with physical and mental health. I love racing my bike, and would say that is my ultimate purpose in life. I've been knocked down, crashed, broke bones. But it's the one thing that REALLY drives me to get up in the morning. Before I got into cycling, I was destroying my life... And I promise you that, but somehow that one thing changed my whole life

It's all about taking a leap of faith, doing it over again, and again regardless of failure.

• 11 months later...

Escapism. I just wanted to find a small place in the world where I could hide to dream about somewhere else.

Yesterday, for example. I experienced one of the most fascinating dreams in my entire life. The kind of experience that makes life worth living, ironically.

• 2 months later...

If I have a purpose in life, I'm pretty sure I have no idea what it is, nor has it even attempted to reveal itself.  Or, on the other hand, I may have realized it without even knowing about it.  It's hard to say.

No idea. Still figuring it out. I think, no matter how many levels you hit in life, that'll always be a mystery because we're always growing and adapting to stuff.

I can only list what I'm good at. I love people, therefore, I'm very good at managing and helping people. Perhaps it's my purpose in life to do that? I certainly come to life when I do it and I feel it at my core. But sometimes that core does get drained and I'm at a stage in my life of burnout. So, I'll need to retreat at times to truly contemplate this. I also like books and reading, but have not been doing that as of late... nor have I been horseback riding or fencing or doing ballet... so.. I'm still trying to figure things out and learn how to recharge those batteries once more. 

Life is a journey that we're all currently sharing together and it's nice to know that, at least, we're not alone. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-03-07 at 1:02 AM, Cash In said:

My purpose is to eat, sleep and eventually die. If I achieve something along the way, that's a bonus.

I find it incredible than within the span of a year, my whole mindset on this question has changed completely.

In a broader sense, it's harder to pin down an ultimate goal. I can say that my own obligations are directed on building relationships and just moving through life, ideally while finding as much enjoyment as I can. It's not extravagant or grandiose, but it's still what I strive for. Even if you aren't sure of your purpose, your perception of it isn't any less valid than anyone else. That's something I wish I knew earlier. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

There is no grand purpose. It's up for the individual to decide what that purpose is and how they use it. 

The possibilities are endless!!!... The problem is, can we do it.... Thats what sucks...

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

There is no grand purpose. It's up for the individual to decide what that purpose is and how they use it. 

Seems like my purpose is to remind people of this very statement. Ultimately my individual purpose is rooted in love and a genuine connection with someone, and with others in general. I just have a purpose of wanting to be with energy the same as my own.

• 2 months later...
On 2023-09-08 at 5:02 PM, Twitchy-Tremor said:

To be the very best… at animating some day. A long long way off….:eager:

Oooh I wish you good luck buddy! 

On 2023-03-13 at 12:45 AM, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

To watch cartoons and play games.

I already accomplished a lot of stuff In my life and I think this statement rings true. After everything that I have ever gone through my life, I think these are some of the most persistent things in my life. Our life’s purpose is whatever we want to be and I think some of these are it. I would probably add a few more things, but that’s me. 

I have asked myself that question many many moons ago and to this day I still have no answer. 

I have found myself attracted to certain ideas and skills but I have yet to find a useful way to utilize them yet. 

Sometimes you find your talents are useful and in other times of history you are not needed.  

That's just life sometimes. 

I don't think there is a set purpose in life.

On a narrower scale, I'd like to keep learning more about the world and universe. I'd also really like to find my partner and have a child. Probably adopt, as those are the children who need help.

On a broader scale, I don't know. One thing is for certain I have had a passion for separation of religion and government, history, science and social justice. I have a passion for music history, but I think that the me that's been shooting for that as a degree was "functional freeze" me that lived only for the moment and studying music history is/was of major interest to me, so I ate up studying it, but is it really what I should be doing? Is it what is needed from me in this day and age? I'm leaning toward no, as much as it pains me to say. I don't yet know what good I can do in the realms of separation of religion and government, history, science and social justice. I don't know where I'd fit into this... Law? Journalism? Activist (probably not, don't want to be that much of a public figure), or just in line with what I was aiming for before? A teacher or professor. I have a book idea, I'm a good academic writer, so I might be actually good at that... IDK.

I think that figuring out what I can do in those realms is what I should be doing. Whatever I can do to mitigate this widely-spread disinformation, this destroying of peoples' lives, this very grim future for our world... I must do something.