Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the greatest moment of your entire life?

Haruhi-chan

• 2 years later...

I have several moments:

As I mentioned in my first post here 2006/2007 - my amazing senior marching band season in high school, getting my bassoon, switching to it for my first semester of college - and 2008 - my "social" year where I came out to the first people IRL and had my first girlfriend.

Late 2015 - fall of 2016 (up to that godawful election) - 2015 was a very low point for me, late summer of 2015 my life turned around pretty quickly when I got inspired to play music again and found a teacher who decided to it was her mission to get me back into college. In 2016 I returned to college (thanks to my teacher!), got to live on my own, and got my French bulldog whom I love so incredibly much.

Spring 2020 - 2021 - This is surely an odd one to anyone to see lol. That's the pandemic, after all. The very beginning of 2020 was one of the lowest points of my life, where I was feeling like not living anymore. Oddly enough the pandemic was a crux of the turnaround from that. As I was dealing with really bad chronic pain working and was at wit's end, with no desk jobs calling me back so I could get out. The pandemic and the stimulus check gave me the out to go on "leave" from work, which then became permanent as I quit altogether. During the year my doctors also finally figured out what was really causing the pain and gave me medication to take care of a lot of that pain. It's been night and day since!

2021, well that's personal. But it was certainly a year on par with 2016.

• Brohoof 1

Hard to say.

Getting my actual "wings" in 2019 :wau: .

Similarly, my experiences in band (mostly junior and senior year minus a few troubles) were always fun.

• Brohoof 2

I can't pinpoint the greatest moment since I have had many good moments. There are a few that stands out, such as discovering something that I have wanted in many many years, or getting access to something I never had before but wanted. But seriously, like is full of good and bad moments, and defining one as the best or worst is just asking for less. Enjoy all moments!

I'd say when I completed college, but anyone can do that. My whole life seems like a failure, there is no "greatest moment of my life", I'd go as far to say there isn't even a single great moment where I accomplished anything.

I have a hard time selecting a “greatest moment” as well, but I will say that meeting my closest friends was what made some of the best times in my life :coco: I definitely didn’t expect them to change my life so much but I’m so happy that they did.

• Brohoof 1

I've had a lot of great moments in my life, but one of the greatest was finally meeting my closest friends irl for the first time. It's actually coming up on 1 year since we met. :')

• 3 weeks later...

Things have changed since my last entry here. I have to say the birth of my daughter is the greatest thing ever. Until it happened I couldn’t have even imagined loving someone so much and feeling so much joy. It transformed everything.

• 1 year later...

2020 and beyond has seen a line of large life-changing breakthroughs in my life. All of them positive. Incredibly positive in fact. The strings of what was traumatizing me have been unraveled and its grip over me is gone. I am free. Most recently with me dropping out of denial and getting my eyes checked and learning that my eyes are okay, completely upending everything for me, as I was feeling hopeless and like I had no future.

It's impossible for any other previous stage of my life to match this. There's just no contest.