Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your best "impossible" gaming moments?

Reiki Knight 13

Everyone has them those one in a million moments in gaming where you perform feats of amazement that seem absolutely impossible: example, You're playing football you're at the one yard line if your own end zone and you manage as the quarterback to run ALL the way to the other end zone for a touchdown.

You know stuff like that where you have no idea how you got so lucky and can't believe it happened.

For myself it was in the game Starfox 64. 

I was playing on the hard path (I.wasn't playing very seriously) and was on the final level Venom facing the entire Starwolf team solo.

That in of itself while annoying is hardly an impossible achievement by any means as well the com in that game is far from difficult by any means.

No, what made it an impossible moment was that I destroyed all 4 of them with smart bombs something that SHOULD be flat out impossible but I had found an exploit in the game that allows you to hit them with the. Bombs.

It is as follows their ships do not differentiate between a charged laser shot and a bomb being fired at them, more to the point their ships CANNOT DODGE TWICE.

in other words, you blast one with a charge shot timed with a follow up bomb and their ships will take HEAVY damage from the explosion.

• Brohoof 2

I became victim of targeted ramming one time in Need For Speed: World because I was winning without using any powerups in a race. (Like, nitrous and other stuff like that. Just racing lines while trying to avoid the crappy traffic spawning in blind corners... LOOKING AT YOU BIG RIGS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AFTER A CORNER)

These two guys intentionally kept ramming me, so I toyed with them a bit and I won, again without powerups. I had to wiggle a lot and tap my brakes, watched them hit the wall and eachother repeatedly. There was one other guy but he got screwed when there was a big rig at a blind corner. That let me catch up big time. It was so entertaining for me.

That's one of my best "impossible" gamer moments since I got screwed with by others and still won the race.

• Brohoof 1

The one that comes to mind for me is beating Morgott The Omen King in Elden Ring first try. I know he isn't considered the hardest boss in the game, but I'm not very good at Souls games so beating any boss let alone a main boss on the first try is quite the feat for me.

The Pandaemonium map in Kingdom Rush. It's one of the hardest maps in the game even on casual mode, but after a few tries, I finally beat it on veteran mode. The trick is to have set up three Teslas near the exit and two sorcerers with Golems - those handle Cerberuses and the boss the best without getting instakilled. Then you just work your way up both sides of the map with more Teslas.

It's super finicky, you've got to time the rain of fire/reinforcements just right on the second and third waves.

Edit: Did I say three Teslas? I meant two Teslas and a fully-upgraded paladin barracks close to the exit. :D

Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 1

Not impossible but more Lucky as sin here.

Was playing Shinobi for PS2 on expert difficulty.

Now, one that you need to understand about this game is you have a yin gauge or rather "soul" gauge if you will. If you fail to keep I filled by killing enemies the gauge will empty and your health will begin being eaten away at instead.

At this moment that was the case for me and I was get DANGEROUSLY low on health when it began happening.

I had just finished the boss when my character was beginning his death animation.

so both the boss of the level and my character were dying at the same time and both died at the EXACT same time.

I was holding my breath as I know idea what the game would prioritize my death or the boss death.

but I got lucky and the game gave me the win.

Beating Skyward Sword's Lightning Round on Hero Mode

The Lightning Round basically involves you fighting all of the game's bosses consecutively without healing in between. Hero Mode is basically playing through whole game while taking double damage and without any hearts spawning. So the Lightning Round and Hero Mode is a pretty heart-pounding combination.

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Beating Mega Man X4 without armor. Only game in the series I was able to pull that off

I know the obvious that you picked X as your character but I'm curious did you obtain hearts  and or the tanks or was it a 100% no upgrades, hearts etc run?

Also, only X7 is truly Godawful among the X series the rest after X5 might be a little on the meh but there isn't anything super bad. 

26 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

I know the obvious that you picked X as your character but I'm curious did you obtain hearts  and or the tanks or was it a 100% no upgrades, hearts etc run?

Also, only X7 is truly Godawful among the X series the rest after X5 might be a little on the meh but there isn't anything super bad. 

Admittedly when I say without armor, it's just without armor, so it's not impressive in the grand scheme of things. I do want to try to beat it without the rest of the upgrades and I do believe I can beat it without hearts with enough practice. Beating it without sub tanks is the real challenge

33 minutes ago, Megas said:

Admittedly when I say without armor, it's just without armor, so it's not impressive in the grand scheme of things. I do want to try to beat it without the rest of the upgrades and I do believe I can beat it without hearts with enough practice. Beating it without sub tanks is the real challenge

Well it's more than some try.

Maybe practice with X3 if you have it as I would say with a few exceptions 95% of the bosses and enemies are some of the easiest in the game to fight without upgrades or hearts.

Bit, Byte, and Sigmas first form were the only ones I found to be annoying enough to take a bit more effort than usual. The rest mostly just need decent timing really. 

And I'm talking without special weapon weaknesses used on the bosses, shoot with those used it's insanely easy to defeat them.

Oh, X4 has a game breaking glitch with the web spider boss fight. If you fire the charged slash attack right at the start of the  battle the game will soft lock with the boss health bar reading zero but the boss still "alive' and move around the screen.

I've also seen someone at least double his health bar due to an overflow damage glitch but I think that might be a little harder to pull off.

Anyways something funny to look at but just beware it will make you have to reset the game.

• Brohoof 1

Just beating Ninja Gaiden (the original one). The game is pretty difficult, but they give you infinite continues, so most of it is manageable if you're persistent. The issue is that if you die on any of the last bosses, it sends you back three stages. I've gotten to the final boss many times, but I've only managed to beat it once.

3 hours ago, Cash In said:

Just beating Ninja Gaiden (the original one). The game is pretty difficult, but they give you infinite continues, so most of it is manageable if you're persistent. The issue is that if you die on any of the last bosses, it sends you back three stages. I've gotten to the final boss many times, but I've only managed to beat it once.

The Nintendo 2D one? Or are you talking about the the newer 3 D ones?

22 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

The Nintendo 2D one? Or are you talking about the the newer 3 D ones?

The 2D one. I haven't played the 3D ones yet. :p

17 minutes ago, Cash In said:

The 2D one. I haven't played the 3D ones yet. :p

I thought the 3D ones were pretty good.

Difficult but a fairly reasonable amount for me.

It is a challenge but nothing too absurd really just have to keep pushing at it.

Getting boss medals in Castlevania Order of Ecclesiain the first playthrough. You get these if you kill a boss without getting hit once. You could do a New Game+, and do it with endgame stats, but I didn’t know that existed back then. So I started from 0, and got all medals by pure ignorance :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Getting boss medals in Castlevania Order of Ecclesiain the first playthrough. You get these if you kill a boss without getting hit once. You could do a New Game+, and do it with endgame stats, but I didn’t know that existed back then. So I started from 0, and got all medals by pure ignorance :ButtercupLaugh:

Have you played the boss rush? You get two special equipment on each route.

Edited by Sasoriman

23 minutes ago, Sasoriman said:

Have you played the boss rush? You get two special equipment on each route.

Yeah, I did. But damn, getting those medals in a first playthrough ain’t easy, specially since that’s one of the hardest Metroidvania CVs :scoots:

19 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, I did. But damn, getting those medals in a first playthrough ain’t easy, specially since that’s one of the hardest Metroidvania CVs :scoots:

Oh yeah, Gravedorcus and Blackmore are two of the most trying bosses that make Galamoth look like Slogra.

That being said, here's another Kingdom Rush one - Kingdom Rush Frontiers, Dusk Chateau on veteran. The difficult parts are the vampirettes, the swarms of abominations that, even if they're destroyed, will still decimate your heroes and barracks, and then there's the Zerg rush of lycans before the boss. But if all of your towers are fully upgraded and can use rain of fire/reinforcements when they show up, that last part isn't too difficult, but no less tense.

Some tutorials use Alric for crowd control; meanwhile, Bonehart's just there spewing poison up a trail full of zombies like no tomorrow. For this map, you get two heroes, and you really have to keep them moving. 

3 hours ago, Sasoriman said:

Oh yeah, Gravedorcus and Blackmore are two of the most trying bosses that make Galamoth look like Slogra.

Blackmore is difficult, but taking time to learn his movements and traps during the second phase makes it much easier. Being weak against both fire and light, which the game breaking Nitesco being both doesn’t do him any favors :oh_golly:. Gravedorcus is the real dickhead in this game, no idea how I’ve got it’s medal in a brand new playthrough :scoots:

Edited by Steve Piranha

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Y’all making me want to play Order of Ecclesia again