Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Best Piece of Advice?

SkullcandyPegasus

Some important things that I try to keep in mind.

Do others that what you would like to be done to yourself=)

It is more happy being happy than being not happy =)

Live in this moment not in the past nor in the future, every second is unique and it is best if you try to take most of it and enjoy =)

• Brohoof 5

Remember the golden rule: Treat others the way you wanted to be treated. Offensive is never given, it is always taken. The worse you behave, the worse you feel.

One must always remember...

Licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.

bt9Ywyy.png

The advice I probably follow most in life can be summed up by a quote I got from Civ IV (but I didn't first realize it from the game, I'm not that dysfunctional). Read in the voice of Leonard Nimoy (RIP):

"You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails." -Unknown

Always be adaptable, is how I interpret it.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

One of the most important pieces of knowledge in life is to realize that nothing in nature is permanent, including pain and shortcomings. There's always tomorrow, a day in which the sun will shine again regardless of the previous day's events. The future is unwritten, no matter how bleak it may seem in the present

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Not to have kids. Basically i got scare tactics used on me. Id say it worked.

Ill never have any cuz by the time id be ready, ill be too old. I started college way late, long after the age most have graduated with their degree (25) so that i could get loans. It took me twice as long as everyone else (8 yrs), and i ended up with three times the average debt to pay off (85k) so thats where every extra dime goes.

By the time im debt free with lots of savings, ill be too old (40ish). After that, ill be raking in the money cuz i landed a great job right after graduating.

The best advice for me ever was dont have kids. I cannot imagine trying to do acheive my goals with kids. Of course ppl do it every day, but for me personally, it would have ruined my college career thus affected my working career.

Edited by Lexamena

"Life is short, you will never know when it ends and how it will end. Take every day with a pinch of salt and make something sweet. But most importantly, make the people around you sweeter. And you will regret nothing."

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Apologies for the biblical mode, but I truly think it has inspired a lot in me. Even though I feel the church itself doesnt follow this teaching. 

"Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, 'Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more in the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything- all she had to live on."

Do with that what you will. I see it as as saying that it matters not how little you have, there is no excuse to not be kind. 

Edited by skysweep
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Don't be a cunt.

Follow that rule and you'll go far in life.

Edited by Popsicle
  • Brohoof 8

I dont know if i can translate that correct in English but it would be something like: Your life is my Motivation! (this is the slogan of the Ambulance i am working for)

Sadly nobody can avoid hardships, but once you get through them you become stronger. If something is not well yet, is because it has not ended yet.

• Brohoof 1

Do something with your life - don't just sit on your ass all day long.

Be an inventor, not a consumer.

"S**t happens, deal with it!" -- Possibly the most powerful thing anyone has ever said to me. Even MLP had an episode about this. It's wasn't as too the point, but it was emotional and heartbreaking.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

​"Stop giving a shit and play more RPGs"- My counselor...  She's an inspiration to us all. 

Edited by Thuja
  • Brohoof 1