Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hypnotize yourself to be a pony, links included

lardbobobo

But problem is, somepony is getting good at it (probably you, I skipped some pages  :lol:  ) and it would be nice to do a hypno skype with everyone as different ponies...  :lol:

I think I was the guy TSG was quoting about getting good at the pinkie File. And yeah a Hypno Skype does sound good! But I dont have a mic ._.

I think I was the guy TSG was quoting about getting good at the pinkie File. And yeah a Hypno Skype does sound good! But I dont have a mic ._.

I don't think we'll be using mics anyway: the others will be able to tell that the voice doesn't match that of their pony; we should all just type.

Edited by TSG
  • Brohoof 1

Did I miss something? :V

I want to LOL too

Yes apparently Rainbow Dash made me give away my secrets.

Or it could have been me fucking around

Or it could have been Rainbow giving me a nudge to give away my secrets I'm still not sure

Yes apparently Rainbow Dash made me give away my secrets.

Or it could have been me fucking around

Or it could have been Rainbow giving me a nudge to give away my secrets I'm still not sure

If you're in dobut, it's her.

At least that's what I think

I mean if YOU did it, you'd be pretty bloody certain since it was you.

Blame Rainbow :v

If you're in dobut, it's her.

At least that's what I think

I mean if YOU did it, you'd be pretty bloody certain since it was you.

Blame Rainbow :v

Ahhh yes, I like to get ponies to laugh,

but giving away secrets to do it?

Nope

Damnit Rainbow....

Quick question, anyone else have a sensation of watching yourself through a camera sorta thing similar to the sensation of personality shifting described by Multible Personality Disorder patients during and after hypnosis???

You're not the first to experience it, I'll give you that.

this sounds alittle wierd but whatever ill try XD

Yay, another subject

Your OC also looks a lot like mine. MY BROTHER

I'm starting to be tempted too, but I dunno who I'd want to be.

Hell, I can't even decide what kind of pone I should become. Wings are cool but magic is cool too

Maybe i should go unicorn because I'm an apprentice magician IRL. As in, card magician. I can't shoot beams sorry

Maybe a Twilight-mode for those situation where I need moral and rational thinking (the very BANE of my existance) could come in handy

O.O .....ok that is not good. I did see that you told her it was a secret. Lets hope she doesn't ask that again. If she asks me then i will come up with something

What if she reads this in the past pages? ^

(I can edit this out if you want)

O.O .....ok that is not good. I did see that you told her it was a secret. Lets hope she doesn't ask that again. If she asks me then i will come up with something

Personally, I think the best solution is to tell the truth. If she indeed a developing tulpa, she needs to know what kind of situation she is in because she is likely to be with you for your whole life. 

• Brohoof 1

Alright Ive been deciding between starting to create a Tulpa or not but I think I am coming to the determination that I will, but before I fully commit if any of you have created or developed a tulpa I was wondering if you could potentially answer some of my questions.

How dangerous or harmful is it to try and create a tulpa?

How long should one spend each day on trying to develop a tulpa?

How long does it take to get a sentient tulpa?

Is it better or important to let the tulpa decide on its form and everything or can you have a template and ideas in mind when creating it?

I have heard of something called the Wonderland, How expansive is a Wonderland and are they difficult to create?

How much time once your tulpa is sentient should one spend with it each day?

Ive heard about Tulpas being able to take control of their hosts body, is that a taught or a skill that just happens?

Is it possible to develop more than one?

Lastly once developed does a tulpa stay with you your whole life?

Thanks for the help.

-snip-

1. 100% safe, unless you decide to derp and do things that are awfully unhealthy (such as switching for LONG periods of time). Other than that, you should be good.

2. Ideally, you should narrate (as in, talk to them in your head) 24/7. But just do it everytime you remember to. 

3. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes day. I've talked with people who haven't gotten any results in 9 months and some who got theirs sentient and vocal on day one. It's highly subjective.

4. It's good to have a starting form, but then let them decide what it wants to be. If you use an existing character as a base, make it clear they're not really them (it can lead to an identity crysis later on). Also, if you WANT them to be exactly like someone else, like Rainbow Dash for example, they migh also feel like they're not living up to your expectations and end up depressed. So just give them complete freedom, but also give them something to start with.

5. A wonderland (or mindscape) can range from a white room to a huge forest. It's as big and detailed as you (and your tulpa) want it to be. It's as difficult as imagining yourself somewhere familiar.

6. That's called possession. Some tulpae can naturally do that (if given the opportunity), some need time and practice. They will NEVER take control on their own unless your tulpa is completely disrespectful and your will is VERY weak.

7. I've once read of a guy with like 20 :V. Most 'mancers i've talked to had like 2 or 3. Many stuck with one. But yeah, it's possible but not recommended.

8. Yes. If developed enough (we're talking years) they will pretty much never die. They might be dormant, but never really dead. Which means you can always get rid of them, but if they've been with you long enough, you can bring them back.

Edited by Colon Vee

1. 100% safe, unless you decide to derp and do things that are awfully unhealthy (such as switching for LONG periods of time). Other than that, you should be good.

2. Ideally, you should narrate (as in, talk to them in your head) 24/7. But just do it everytime you remember to. 

3. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes day. I've talked with people who haven't gotten any results in 9 months and some who got theirs sentient and vocal on day one. It's highly subjective.

4. It's good to have a starting form, but then let them decide what it wants to be. If you use an existing character as a base, make it clear they're not really them (it can lead to an identity crysis later on). Also, if you WANT them to be exactly like someone else, like Rainbow Dash for example, they migh also feel like they're not living up to your expectations and end up depressed. So just give them complete freedom, but also give them something to start with.

5. A wonderland (or mindscape) can range from a white room to a huge forest. It's as big and detailed as you (and your tulpa) want it to be. It's as difficult as imagining yourself somewhere familiar.

6. That's called possession. Some tulpae can naturally do that (if given the opportunity), some need time and practice. They will NEVER take control on their own unless your tulpa is completely disrespectful and your will is VERY weak.

7. I've once read of a guy with like 20 :V. Most 'mancers i've talked to had like 2 or 3. Many stuck with one. But yeah, it's possible but not recommended.

8. Yes. If developed enough (we're talking years) they will pretty much never die. They might be dormant, but never really dead. Which means you can always get rid of them, but if they've been with you long enough, you can bring them back.

Can you touch and feel them?

Alright Ive been deciding between starting to create a Tulpa or not but I think I am coming to the determination that I will, but before I fully commit if any of you have created or developed a tulpa I was wondering if you could potentially answer some of my questions.

Ooooo~ Questions! I'm not the perfect expert as mine were all accidental, but I'll try the best I can based on my and others experiences.

How dangerous or harmful is it to try and create a tulpa?

It isn't dangerous as long as you understand that this is a lifetime commitment. It is a change in lifestyle and a change in how you perceive life. Trust me on this, you will be rethinking on just how you determine a sentient being.

How long should one spend each day on trying to develop a tulpa?

Spend as much time as you need to. The general recommendation is from 1/2 an hour to around 2-3 hours. If real life gets in the way, take care of that first. Most tulpa are very patient in regards to having you spend time with them. If anything, if not focus on enough, they may just become dormant until you are able to focus on them once again.

How long does it take to get a sentient tulpa?

This ranges from maybe a month to near instantly depending on several factors. My personal belief is one you recognize something as its own thought, it automatically becomes its own being and depending on how strongly you believe that it will stay that way. 

Is it better or important to let the tulpa decide on its form and everything or can you have a template and ideas in mind when creating it?

What helps most is to have a tulpa start off from some sort of base and then work your way from there. I think a reason there are so many pony tulpa is because each of the mane 6 are different archetypes that offer a good starting point for a tulpa to build off from and then continue on until they find a form they desire. Personal belief: a tulpa secretly already has their own personality developed, they just change their form to their liking in such a way that you can recognize it and then slowly try to match what they perceive as their own "true form". 

I have heard of something called the Wonderland, How expansive is a Wonderland and are they difficult to create?

A wonderland is a mindscape that you can create to help the development of a tulpa (or several other things such as meditation and imagining yourself as a pony in this realm during hypnosis). It's not difficult to create, per se; all you really need to do is think about a setting and your mind just automatically creates it. Being able to visualize it vividly with your mind's eye and ever traversing your own wonderland is a different story, altogether. A wonderland isn't required for tulpa development, but is helpful. 

How much time once your tulpa is sentient should one spend with it each day?

As much time as you and your tulpa want to. There is no set amount you need to spend, they will be with you for as long as you want them to (possibly for life). I will recommend if real life gets in the way, take care of that first. Tulpa usually are very understanding and can wait patiently for something out of their control.

Ive heard about Tulpas being able to take control of their hosts body, is that a taught or a skill that just happens?

Yes and no. There are several factors in which a tulpa is able to take control of the host's body and that mostly depends on how attached to the body the host is. In most cases, a tulpa has no control over any body part of the host. If the host is willing to let go of their body, then a tulpa can essentially take it over in one of two ways known as either possession or switching.

Possession is when a tulpa is able to take control of one or more bodyparts, most commonly the hands and arms as well as feelings and emotions. The host is still in control of all other body parts and can take back control very easily when needed. 

Switching occurs when the host and the tulpa basically switch places where the tulpa takes full control of the body. During a conscious switch (the host and tulpa are fully willing) the host themself may become a "tulpa" (though this is not true in all cases). There's several ways this can be achieved and not every single way works for everyone. 

Is it possible to develop more than one?

Yes. One host can have as many as their mind can handle, though personally I've not known anyone with more than 15, though I highly recommend that you have up to three or four. If you're just starting out, stick with one until you're comfortable handling more. 

Lastly once developed does a tulpa stay with you your whole life?

Yes, as long as the host allows it to. I believe once recognized, a tulpa will stick with the host for life. If for some reason real life needs more attention, the tulpa may put itself in a "dormant" state until the host is able to spend time with that tulpa again. It is possible to "kill" a tulpa, though it is considered morally wrong by most of the tulpa community. 

Think long and hard about making a tulpa. This will be a life changing experience for all of you.

• Brohoof 1

Can you touch and feel them?

Yes. That's called imposition and it takes a goddamn long time to achieve

You can also see them. with your own eyes, as if they really were there. Shadows and lighting included.

But again, that takes years of unending dedication :V