Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gypsy Bard Remix: feedback wanted!

decoherence

Hi everypony!

If y'all go to 

you'll see that Lenich has done a grand public service by making the individual tracks of Gypsy Bard available for download, saying "You can do anything you want with the song, except sell it."

Props x 1000 to Lenich, Griffin, Jennifer and Kirya for sharing their work with the community!

I've (hopefully) attached an mp3 with my remix of this wonderful song.

ak399g has already done a fantastic extended version of this song which you can hear here

the remix I've attached could also be considered an 'extended version' but whereas ak399g's goal was to make an extended remix that was faithful to the original (with some very-tasty additions) my goal is to tease out and feature the different parts of the the song, as far as instruments/tracks go. And to feature Jenny's bucking awesome singing. Is the vocal track too loud? I can't tell -- I'd happily make it louder.

THIS IS A DRAFT! I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! Please help me make it better! All suggestions that I take in to consideration will be credited. H'okay, here it is!

Gypsy Bard Remix_mixdown_of_minor_rearrangement.mp3

Thanks for listening!

PS If you haven't watched Friendship is Witchcraft, for goodness sake, go! Just go! Go here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfHKfyRO5Y&list=PLC33B53C13174C0EC

Edited by decoherence
  • Brohoof 1

It's... nice...

Need more?
Ok, well... this is my honesty opinion:
The vocals are good, so don't mess with that. The instrumental bit at about midway is good too, but the only thing I picked up that was a little... strange... was when the vocals started again (it's probably just me, though).

Overall it's pretty good, though.

Keep it up, I guess!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's... nice...

Need more?

Ok, well... this is my honesty opinion:

The vocals are good, so don't mess with that. The instrumental bit at about midway is good too, but the only thing I picked up that was a little... strange... was when the vocals started again (it's probably just me, though).

Overall it's pretty good, though.

Keep it up, I guess!

Thanks PinkieLore! I think I know what you're talking about when the vocals come back in. It may be because it's a hard cut back in to the vocals with no hint of where things about to go. That's something I plan to address -- don't know how yet -- and that's also a credit for you if you want it.

Also, if I'm wrong and it's 'strange' for another reason, please let me know. Thanks again! :)

Edited by decoherence

Thanks PinkieLore! I think I know what you're talking about when the vocals come back in. It may be because it's a hard cut back in to the vocals with no hint of where things about to go. That's something I plan to address -- don't know how yet -- and that's also a credit for you if you want it.

Also, if I'm wrong and it's 'strange' for another reason, please let me know. Thanks again! :)

No, you're right. That is the reason I though it was strange after listening to it again.

Oh, I really don't mind wheather or not you credit me (it's a minor detail, these things come up a lot when I have to review fellow music classmates).