movies/tv Young Justice and Green Lantern Canceled

Anadu Kune

It has come to light that Young Justice and Green Lantern are not in the 2013 and 2014 line up. I love both shows. Young Justice in particular I find very enjoyable and really well animated. It saddens me to think It will be canceled and replaced with a cruddy live action show. 

There are multiple petitions going on and in a short time they have aquired a good amount of signatures. If any of you people here are fans of the show, or the DC universe in general, I recomend taking a short amount of time and sign this petition. These heross have saved their worlds countless times. The time has come for us to save them. 

https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-warner-bros-bring-back-young-justice-and-green-lantern-the-animated-series

For anyone who hasnt seen it here is an episode link. I couldnt find the first episode, on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT409Zs2Fq4

ok 3 views on this  :/ bear with me

so DC and Warner bro's screwing up and doing something dumb again...... no surprise here i mean Gail Simone got taken off bat girl but Scott Lobdell gets Superman 

SCREW YOU CARTOON NETWORK, considering how Teen Titans GO! and Beware the Bat are replacing there spots....thus  doing the Disney thing and taking the good and deep stuff and dumbing them down.

Greg Weismen can never ever get a 3rd season ever.

:( i'm sad with DC, i'm gona go read death of the familiy to boost my morale.

Edited by PonyEcho

my DA http://heavyecho.deviantart.com/ check my stuff out

the Anime Club http://mlpforums.com/topic/48196-the-anime-club/ plz join us

God damn it, and just after they came back after how long? Come on Cartoon Network these are two of your best shows and you are just going to throw them down the crapper?

On the bright side of things these shows have a pretty big fandom and the petition seems to be going smoothly. Will it accomplish its goal? I dont know, but I think its always better that our displeasure be heard. In a well spoken well reasoned manner.

Here is a link to another petition. This one is only for Young Justice. I figure the more signatures the better...

I can't believe how bad the replacement shows are, they're just terrible :(

http://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-continue-young-justice

And to all things comes an end. We are no more than pages in a book.

Turn the page, and thousands die. And for what? For the greed of two powerful leaders. 
Turn the page and floods, earthquakes and volcanoes are destroying the world.

It is a time for acts of despair and of bravery as well.

Another turn of the page and countless refugees flee. Is this the end of the story? No.

There are countless pages to turn. And to all things comes a beginning!

Man, DC can't do anything right these days, can they?  I mean, Green Lantern I get, it looked like it had OK acting, but the animation looked atrocious, but Young Justice?!?!  C'mon DC, it was the revival of the Timmverse all over again you bucking morons!!!  Gosh, this is what happens when you don't plan ahead, and these guys at DC and WB increasingly look like they weren't planning ahead for when Nolan finished his Batman trilogy.  Dudes, I'm a DC fan first and foremost, but if ya'll don't step up your game, Marvel's going to blow you guys out of the water sooner or later in the movie department; they've already got 3 more single shot Avenger titles lined up, an inevitable sequel to the Avengers, and are even spreading out to cover more of their superheroes!!!  Pick up the ball and start playing DC, you can't make a Batman film (JL not included) for at least 5 years, and Superman, unless it's absolutely spectacular, will only take you so far unless you start releasing other one-shot titles.

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

Young justice is an excellent show. I think the worst part is that stupid hiatus where they had for DC nation. If they'd kept it on the air, they might have finished the series by now and not be in the position of canceling a show in the middle of its rising climax.

I'm still looking forward to the new teen titans show, and I'm willing to give Batman a chance, but this mistreatment of this show is just stupid.

Man, DC can't do anything right these days, can they?  I mean, Green Lantern I get, it looked like it had OK acting, but the animation looked atrocious, but Young Justice?!?!  C'mon DC, it was the revival of the Timmverse all over again you bucking morons!!!  Gosh, this is what happens when you don't plan ahead, and these guys at DC and WB increasingly look like they weren't planning ahead for when Nolan finished his Batman trilogy.  Dudes, I'm a DC fan first and foremost, but if ya'll don't step up your game, Marvel's going to blow you guys out of the water sooner or later in the movie department; they've already got 3 more single shot Avenger titles lined up, an inevitable sequel to the Avengers, and are even spreading out to cover more of their superheroes!!!  Pick up the ball and start playing DC, you can't make a Batman film (JL not included) for at least 5 years, and Superman, unless it's absolutely spectacular, will only take you so far unless you start releasing other one-shot titles.

Know what you mean. Negating what 70 years of continuity. It was crazy complicated, convoluted in some cases, and really confusing at time but darn it you don't do that. 

​I think your refering to Green Lantern's aesthetic not animation. The movement on characters seemed fine to me. Though I think a cel shading filter would do wonders. However I felt the series was written pretty darn well. Also great choice for villains  I was not expecting red lantetns, and holy crap Anti Monitor. 

Well if Im not mistaken Marvel is in a much better position in terms of movies. The have quite a bit more control over thier movies and ended up pulling off a series of connecting movies that many thought wouldn't work. Now that it has you can bet Warner Bros will attempt a Justice League movie. Im highly doubtful it will be good. Its gonna be hard to top the Justice League animated series.