Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need help with a character.

Bronyette

Okay, I'm having a lot of trouble with designing a character of mine. I cannot for the life of me think of a cute mark or a color scheme for him at all. x.x

As for the color scheme, I've been thinking darker colors but I can't find any that I think feel right. 

And for the cutie mark something that seems mysterious would be great.

img-1147646-1-zBy7hHGl.jpg

He has retrograde amnesia. If anyone's seen Memento maybe they would have a better idea. He lost his ability to remember, as a young colt, after trying to save one of his friends after they ran far too close to the edge of a cliff. He has a rather childish demeanor and still sometimes believes he is still a foal, just as the day he saved his friend.

Thank you for anyone who helps!

Edited by Bronyette

I personally think his hair looks like fire XD Just a suggestion, but you might want to think of creating a character where you know the backstory for his cutie mark and incorporate this backstory in so that it can be used as a base for other stories.. If that makes sense? lol  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I personally think his hair looks like fire XD Just a suggestion, but you might want to think of creating a character where you know the backstory for his cutie mark and incorporate this backstory in so that it can be used as a base for other stories.. If that makes sense? lol  :huh:

I do think his hair does look a bit like fire now that I look at it. :3 Are you saying I should have made his cutie mark first then made the story for it?

On it. Give me a bit and I'll do my best to give you a cool looking design. The movie is called Memento btw. I'm going to incorporate some of the tatoos into him.

Thanks. xD I must have made a silly typo, I'll fix it. It's one of my favorite movies, I can't believe I actually misspelled the title wrong. I'm not sure how you are going to incorporate the tattoos, but I can't wait to see it.  

And thanks for helping. :3 Both of you.

Edited by Bronyette

Hmmm, I'm going to have to agree with PumpkinCake. Normally I come up with the cutie mark first, something simple that makes sense, and think of a story later.

As for his cutie mark, I'm going to throw out "Book," "Picture," "Paper and Quill" As things they could be. I'm suggesting them because of the slight irony in the cutie mark, since all those things have to do with record keeping/memory. That'd make a really interesting story to write about :P

and did you draw that? Impressive :P (way better than what I can do...)

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, I'm going to have to agree with PumpkinCake. Normally I come up with the cutie mark first, something simple that makes sense, and think of a story later.

As for his cutie mark, I'm going to throw out "Book," "Picture," "Paper and Quill" As things they could be. I'm suggesting them because of the slight irony in the cutie mark, since all those things have to do with record keeping/memory. That'd make a really interesting story to write about :P

and did you draw that? Impressive :P (way better than what I can do...)

Yeah, that would be in interesting idea. xD I was actually thinking of fog or something of that nature, but I wasn't sure how I'd show it. But a picture would sorta fit in the Memento theme, which is awesome.  :wub:

And yeah I drew it a while back, I can draw a bit better now... at least I think so.

• Brohoof 1

I do think his hair does look a bit like fire now that I look at it. :3 Are you saying I should have made his cutie mark first then made the story for it?

Yes, you should probably make his cutie mark, design, personality, family and all the other necessary bio info needed before starting to write. For me personally this helps a lot and can be the difference between a crap 2D story and a deep and well thought out one :) Good luck btw  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, you should probably make his cutie mark, design, personality, family and all the other necessary bio info needed before starting to write. For me personally this helps a lot and can be the difference between a crap 2D story and a deep and well thought out one :) Good luck btw  ;)

Yeah, that does make more sense. I really haven't made a whole lot of characters in my day, this is my second. xD So thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to use them in the future. Thank you~

Ooh, that looks pretty snazzy Circadian. If you're still kinda stuck for the right look, what I do for cutie marks is I think up what their talent is and related words to that. Eventually you can find a good fit, even if it's reaching a bit. Also, for colors, I highly suggest picking from a color palatte. One of the biggest issues I have with MLP OCs is the abundance of characters with clashing or just really unpleasant colors.

Good luck!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ooh, that looks pretty snazzy Circadian. If you're still kinda stuck for the right look, what I do for cutie marks is I think up what their talent is and related words to that. Eventually you can find a good fit, even if it's reaching a bit. Also, for colors, I highly suggest picking from a color palatte. One of the biggest issues I have with MLP OCs is the abundance of characters with clashing or just really unpleasant colors.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Yeah, maybe I will change the palate up a tad.  Just because the colors don't feel right to me and I was thinking of blue when I envisioned him. Maybe I'm too totally picky about my color choices though. x.x

attachicon.gifmemento.png

Here you go.

I drew it while watching 30 Rock. That information is totally irrelevant, but I felt like including it due to length reasons.

I do really like the idea of the picture cutie mark. It looks awesome. Thank you so much! I appreciate it! 

Edited by Bronyette