Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any DBZ fans here?

Bardock

I've never really been able to get into it. I think I watched like the first couple of episodes a long long time ago, but I didn't get it. I don't know where I'd be able to watch it on TV.

Dragonball Z was a great series. The english dub being by far the best dub ever. I did not like the japanese dub, for Goku was voiced by a lady and there was no variation in pitch when there was screaming. 

Overall, the show had a very well crafted plot. 

• Brohoof 2

Dragonball Z was a great series. The english dub being by far the best dub ever. I did not like the japanese dub, for Goku was voiced by a lady and there was no variation in pitch when there was screaming. 

Overall, the show had a very well crafted plot. 

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping that Funimation dubs the movie. Although I have a high amount of respect for the original Japanese version, I prefer for Goku to actually sound like a guy.

I've never really been able to get into it. I think I watched like the first couple of episodes a long long time ago, but I didn't get it. I don't know where I'd be able to watch it on TV.

4Kids and Nicktoons show DBZ Kai, which is basically a deluxe version of DBZ. There's also dbz.tv. That website has all of the episodes for DB, DBZ, and GT.

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping that Funimation dubs the movie. Although I have a high amount of respect for the original Japanese version, I prefer for Goku to actually sound like a guy.

Exactly. That's why I always say, some animes sound better in English while others sound better in their original Japanese language. It all depends on the voice actors. 

Yeah I can defiantly see that now. Its hard to pinpoint why I enjoy Dragon Ball more.  I want to its because it was more character focused, but I dont think DBZ was really lacking in that department. Its hard to say. Maybe it the feel of the show.

Though I saw DBZ first and it does have that sort of special place in my heart I also like Dragon Ball a bit better. Toward the end of DBZ there really weren't that many characters that could match Goku, Gohan surpassed him and defeated Cell but he slacked off a bit with his training to pursue more academic goals and did atrophy a bit. I heard that Gohan was originally supposed to replace Goku as the main character but that Goku was brought back due to popular demand. Vegeta trained his butt off and largely because of that he is one of my favorite characters, you have to admire a guy that sticks to it and dosen't give up no matter what but he was still a step or two behind Goku.  My favorite fight has to be Goku vs Jackie Chun, that fight was completely insane you never knew what was going to happen next.

I have alwaays been a fan of DBZ. The only problem is the lack of new stuff coming out. Yeah battle of the gods is coming out, but we don't even know if it's going to be dubbed yet. I hope it is because the englsh dub of DBZ is superior in my opinion.

Kinda sucks that DBZ is nothing more than a laughing stock for a lot of people, especially hardcore anime fans. The series seems to get more bashed these days than loved.

I know that feel, it annoys me when people made fun of me when I'd say DBZ was one of my favorites, and then when they bring up their favorites or recommended, they always have some anime I've never heard of in my life(they were probably only aired Japan) that turns out to be some borderline hentai anime

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heck yeah DBZ has to be my all time favorite anime/cartoon of all time! This stands above MLP for me too and that is saying a lot. All the characters in dragonballz I loved too and that crazy Roshi xD! Kamehameha and goku one of the most memorable things of my childhood.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

I love dragonball z and I always will. It made up a huuuuge part of my life and I will not forget it.

Yamcha is my favorite character. Don't judge me.

It has its share of flaws but what doesnt

Buck yeah! I love Dragonball Z and the original Dragon Ball. Always having the epic villain battles, the dramatic fighting music, and the amount of episodes it takes for Goku to make a Kamehameha.

Also the best moment of DBZ, Over 9000.

over9000.jpg

So my fellow Dragon Ball Z loving ponies, anyone here looking forward to the upcoming movie, Balle of the Gods? I personally am super excited! Especially for the new Super Saiyan God form!

Wait.....new...movie what now!? New super saiyan form! When is this happening? Let me look this up. Akira Toriyama is deeply involved! Yes! March 30th holy crap yes please!!! So yeah Im excited.

Edited by Anadu Kune

Wait.....new...movie what now!? New super saiyan form! When is this happening? Let me look this up. Akira Toriyama is deeply involved! Yes! March 30th holy crap yes please!!! So yeah Im excited.

Yep the villain is Birusu, the God of Destruction. He is incredibly powerful, able to push Fat Buu around like a rag doll. And yes, Goku will be achieving a new super saiyan form: Super Saiyan God!

Not sure whether I'm more excited that Dragon Ball Kai is being revived, or for Battle of the Gods.

Probably more for the latter since it's something that's actually totally new.  Though I have to say the villain has a very unimpactful name: Bills/Birusu. But I suppose if the name wasn't already so ingrained with villainy in my head thanks to the franchise, I might say the same thing about Cell.