Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle - now she's like The Beatles?

sampsoninc916

Magical Mystery Cure was good, and they've given good reasons for Twilight Sparkle becoming a alicorn and a princess, and why she's still a student to Princess Celestia. But is everyone in Ponyville and Equestria going to look at her like she's a celebrity and start mobbing her asking for autographs? What if she starts running away from them like the Beatles from A Hard Day's Night or Help? I know Twilight Sparkle is a princess, but the Beatles were like superstars back in the 1960s. Haven't you even seen either of A Hard Day's Night or Help? The Fab Four run away from a crazed mob of young fans and put on disguises and hide in several places in those films, and it was effectively parodied in Episode 3: The Ticket Master. Even Fluttershy in Episode 20: Green Isn't Your Color, has to put on a hat and sunglasses to evade anyone looking at her like a superstar. How exactly does Johnny Depp feel when he's walking out in public in the ghost town of Los Angeles (I say ghost town because filmmaking has become more globalized and less California-centric)? Do people mob and raid him like he's a god or whatever? Will this even happen to Twilight Sparkle at all, now that she's become a princess. It's too early to tell, Season 3 ended last weekend and Season 4 won't come until fall of this year. How does Johnny Depp get away with being a regular customer at a hair salon or L.A.'s local Wal-Mart? I can't tell, I'm not a celebrity, nor have I ever met Johnny Depp (though I can tell you, I met Tara Strong at DragonCon). Several films and cartoons parody superstardom and fan appreciation, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Twilight Sparkle gets mobbed by fans asking for autographs or trying to get a piece of her. Is Twilight Sparkle now like The Beatles?

...How much of this was inspired by the Magical Mystery Tour reference? XD, I would expect for there to be a change. The citizens certainly seem to freak out whenever Celestia or Luna shows up, but I'm not sure whether I'd expect Twilight to be mobbed by them or for her to intimidate them. It might depend on the person. Then again, it might not change much at all. You would think the Mane Six would get celebrity treatment based on how they save the world twice a year on average, but nothing like that has happened yet. I would expect for Twilight to get treated differently, but I can't really call it yet.

Edited by DashForever

In my opinion, I think the citizens in Ponyville will treat her like royalty of course. I don't really see a change still, physically. They will still show her respect, royalty or not. She will not let all of the fame and glory go to her head, usually if it was Rainbow Dash it would be well a different story to me.

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. They don't seem to care much that the Mane 6 keeps saving the world. Yeah they do freak when Celestia and Luna come to town. Though Luna not as much. Then again, Celestia id THE Princess and such. What is Twilight the princess of anyway?

Eh, I don't think so. I thought at first this stile suggested the main 6 was gonna pull a Beatles an break up. I can't see that happening. I don't see any poparazzis around Celestia, Luna or Cadence, so I don't think Twilight will be an exception.

Yes I think there will be significant changes to how ordinary ponies treat Twilight, and I am sure there is going to be no shortage of flank kissing by some high class ponies that might want to get in good with the new princess.

I think that the Mane 6 will still treat her pretty normally, but the rest of the citizens of Ponyville....? Hard to say. I don't think she will be bombarded by fans and paparazzi like how Fluttershy was in Green Isn't Your Color. There will be a lot more respect shown to her, though. She might feel a bit alienated because her new status puts her above everypony else. But I don't think there will be any Beatles-style running from mass groups of hungry fans or wearing disguises in public.

I don't think mobs will chase her down like paparazzi, we have seen that before with Fluttershy and Photo Finish but that was different. Everyone will probably just treat her the same because well...you don't see any other Alicorn have that effect, well actually she might have more admirers and ponies might take a bow when they ee her, but other than that probably not as if she remains in the mane 6 and constantly gets surrounded by paparazzi, it will be very hard to work the show around that.