Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Challenging riddles

Phoenix Wright

I've got 3 I can think of.

1. How many days of the week start with "T"?

2. When I am young, I am tall. When I am old, I am short. When I am young, I am solid. When I am old, I am liquid. What am I?

3. I keep dry as I get wet. What am I?

(edited)

2. When I am young, I am tall. When I am old, I am short. When I am young, I am solid. When I am old, I am liquid. What am I?

Well, I belive I've heard 3 before

towel

I lie.

A stamp.

What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

And as for the word that becomes shorter when you add two letters...

easy, short

Edited by Kaymenblooblood

(edited)

1: 2, Tuesday and Thursday

2: your a candle.

3: a towel.

I lie.

A stamp.

What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

The word "short" literally becomes "shorter" when you add two letters to it.

Edited by Path2Dawn
  • Brohoof 1

1: 2, Tuesday and Thursday

2: your a candle.

3: a towel.

The word "short" literally becomes "shorter" when you add two letters to it.

Use white words or spoiler, PLEASE!!!!

(edited)

I already clicked the spoiler, and that seems kinda...I dunno, that kinda dumb that makes sense...

Oh, here's an oldie but a goodie

In the morning I stand on four legs, in the afternoon, on two, and at night three what am I?

man

Sorry bout tht.

A man comes into town on Sunday, and stays 4 days, and leaves on Saturday.

How does he do it?

That's easy too, forgot where I heard it, oh! Icarly...

his horse is named Saturday

I already clicked the spoiler, and that seems kinda...I dunno, that kinda dumb that makes sense...

Oh, here's an oldie but a goodie

In the morning I stand on four legs, in the afternoon, on two, and at night three what am I?

man

Man. Four in infancy, two in adulthood, two + a cane in seniority

Sorry bout tht.

A man comes into town on Sunday, and stays 4 days, and leaves on Saturday.

How does he do it?

He changes time zones? That's all I got

Here's a good one.

I preceded God.

I am greater than God.

I am more evil than Satan.

Poor people have me.

Wealthy people need me.

If you eat me, you will die.

What am I?

Here's a good one.

I preceded God.

I am greater than God.

I am more evil than Satan.

Poor people have me.

Wealthy people need me.

If you eat me, you will die.

What am I?

You are ..... nothing.

Filler for 20 characters.

ok so a son, 2 fathers, and a grandfather go fishing and catch one fish apiece. They bring back 3 fish.... How?... ( and no they didn't eat one XD)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Correct! But wrong at the same time...what are the odds of that?

This is kinda one of my own making, so...

How is a raven like a writing desk

both are tied to Edgar Allen poe

That one may be hard...

You are ..... nothing.

Filler for 20 characters.ok so a son, 2 fathers, and a grandfather go fishing and catch one fish apiece. They bring back 3 fish.... How?... ( and no they didn't eat one XD)

the grandfather counts as a father

Too easy, give me a real challenge!

You are ..... nothing.

Filler for 20 characters.

Very good.

This is one straight from my grandmother. It irritates me to no end, as I don't actually know the answer  :huh:

Three men came to stay at a hotel, and when they went to the desk to check in, they decided to share a room to save money.

The manager assigned them a room and charged them $30 altogether. Each paid $10 for his share, and then they all were shown up to their room by the bellboy.

A short while later, the manager discovered that she had overcharged the three men for the room she had assigned them; it was actually only $25. She took $5 out of the till and instructed the bellboy to go up to their room and return the money to them.

The bellboy saw an opportunity to make a little extra tip. He rationalized that $5 was difficult to split three ways, and decided to take up $3 to the men, giving each of them $1 return, and pocket the other $2 for himself.

So the men each put in $10 and got $1 back. So that's $9 times 3, which is $27, plus the $2 the bellboy took makes $29. Where is the other $1?

Very good.

This is one straight from my grandmother. It irritates me to no end, as I don't actually know the answer  :huh:

Three men came to stay at a hotel, and when they went to the desk to check in, they decided to share a room to save money.

The manager assigned them a room and charged them $30 altogether. Each paid $10 for his share, and then they all were shown up to their room by the bellboy.

A short while later, the manager discovered that she had overcharged the three men for the room she had assigned them; it was actually only $25. She took $5 out of the till and instructed the bellboy to go up to their room and return the money to them.

The bellboy saw an opportunity to make a little extra tip. He rationalized that $5 was difficult to split three ways, and decided to take up $3 to the men, giving each of them $1 return, and pocket the other $2 for himself.

So the men each put in $10 and got $1 back. So that's $9 times 3, which is $27, plus the $2 the bellboy took makes $29. Where is the other $1?

the math is off...that's the only explanation....

• Brohoof 1

the math is off...that's the only explanation....

Well yeah, I figured as much. I just don't see how. This one has caused me quite a few headaches over the years. Someone who's a  better at math than me should explain it  :muffins:

Well yeah, I figured as much. I just don't see how. This one has caused me quite a few headaches over the years. Someone who's a  better at math than me should explain it  :muffins:

the 29 is wrong, if you work back from 30 it all makes sense 30-3=27 -2 =25

• Brohoof 1

Very good.

10+10+10= 30. 30-5 = 25. 5-2= 3. So the manager is holding 25 dollars, the bellboy is holding 2 dollars, and each of the three men are holding 1 dollar a piece when everything is said and done. 25 + 2 + 3= 30. That dollar got eliminated by bad math, more specifically not using PEMDAS or order of operations.

Man that on gave me a headache... Thnx. Lol

• Brohoof 1

10+10+10= 30. 30-5 = 25. 5-2= 3. So the manager is holding 25 dollars, the bellboy is holding 2 dollars, and each of the three men are holding 1 dollar a piece when everything is said and done. 25 + 2 + 3= 30. That dollar got eliminated by bad math, more specifically not using PEMDAS or order of operations.

Man that on gave me a headache... Thnx. Lol

Wow  :muffins:  It was that simple the whole time? I feel like an idiot.

But it still doesn't add up, since the men would be paying $27 for a $25 rent.

Well, I guess since the bellboy cheated them out of $2 it would make sense. It's just the way it is worded that makes it confusing.

My head hurts  :yay: I hate math

Here's an easy one

I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

Here's an easy one

I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

Is it a shoe?

My thunder comes before the lightning. My lightning comes before the clouds. My rain dries all the land it touches. What am I?

Is it a shoe?

My thunder comes before the lightning. My lightning comes before the clouds. My rain dries all the land it touches. What am I?

Correct amundo

And is nopony gonna try my other one?

How is a raven like a writing desk?

(edited)

Here's an easy one

Uh... Are you a shoe?

Ok here's an easy one....

Ok so Sonya turned the nut three times clockwise, 3 quarters of a turn counterclockwise, then 5/8 of a turn clockwise. Assuming its initial position was zero (and a full turn counting as 1) what position was the screw?

Edited by Path2Dawn

(edited)

Correct amundo

I have no answer for this. You got me on this one. My only guess would be

They both have the letter "e"

Uh... Are you a shoe?

Ok here's an easy one....

Ok so Sonya turned the nut three times clockwise, 3 quarters of a turn counterclockwise, then 5/8 of a turn clockwise. Assuming its initial position was zero (and a full turn counting as 1) what position was the screw?

I'd say the same position it was in in the first place, since she was turning the nut, not the screw

Edited by Shady Bubbles

I'd say the same position it was in in the first place, since she was turning the nut, not the screw

Hahaha.... Yes indeed.... When I first heard that one, it took me 3 days to figure it out.... Clever word play.... It works better when it's spoken though lol

• Brohoof 1

I see how you would think that, but that's not the answer, let's just say....a bust is also involved

Oh, and here's another good one

It is a Sunday morning. The wife went to the store, came back and her husband was dead. The kids said they were playing with the dog. The maid said she was getting the mail. The chef said he was making Lunch. Who did it?

And part du

In a round house there was a maid, a butler, and a chef. When the mother went shopping , she came back to find her son dead! The butler was making the beds. The chef was cooking, and the maid was sweeping in all corners of the house. Who did it?

Correct amundo

Well put it simply... There is no answer. In Alice and wonderland, the mad hatter uses this same riddle, and never gives an answer. The entire joke is that there is no answer.

This is phun :)... I knew my literature class would come in handy some day