Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shining Armor is a HORRIBLE idea for a character!

Pumpkinbot

He's the brother to Twilight Sparkle (who has saved Equestria twice), he's married to a PRINCESS, and people were BOWING to him in his first appearance! He is WAY too powerful! I never saw this coming. We never got any hint of Twilight having a brother! I hate it, and it's stupid. Things have changed too much, and things changing are BAD. I'M LEAVING THE FANDOM.

(Now guess why this is in the Twilicorn forum. ;P And no, this is not serious, what's wrong wit'chu?)

EDIT: Holy sweet mother of Celestia, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE SERIOUS. I do not really think Shining Armor is a bad character. This is a jab at the amount of drama Twilicorn has caused. It's a goddamned cartoon horse, calm down.

Edited by Pumpkinbot
  • Brohoof 2

Oh please, you haven't even seen season 4, episode 1 yet. For all you know it could be fantastic. Just stick around, will ya? We would miss you if you left!

That's the point. :P I, for one, love Twilicorn. Actually love it. I posted this because there was only a minor gripe about Shining suddenly appearing. Not that he deserved any of the over-the-top rage Twi's getting, heh.

That's the point. :P I, for one, love Twilicorn. Actually love it. I posted this because there was only a minor gripe about Shining suddenly appearing. Not that he deserved any of the over-the-top rage Twi's getting, heh.

Haha I know, I was just playing along with it :)

And I love shining armor! He's got a fantastic voice actor :P

But yeah, he did kind of come out of nowhere....

MMMMM

Girrrrl ya'll best not be dissin mah main man shinin' ermer cuz he be da best most fabulous dude dere is in did series girrrl ya'll better believe it or I'll woop yo ass mmmmmm!

Anyways, I don't agree with you.

Edited by Jverne
  • Brohoof 3

With Twi becoming an Alicorn and Shining Armor captain of the Royal Guard, I really wonder what roles their parents play in the politcial scale of Equestria.  I mean with Twi also being Princess Celestia's student and have Cadnece as her foal sitter growing up, their parents must either be freaking rich or politically powerful....has anyone else ever thought about this or am I just looking a bit too deep?

I guess no one is buying the whole 'poor family with dedicated kids' thing, from what Treble says up there?

Don't you remember Hercules(disney movie) and I dunno, anyone else with humble beginnings?

It's kinda harsh to say they couldn't achieve their dreams just because their parents weren't already up the food chain.

On topic.

Shining Armour is a fine character.

I have a lot of things to say, but, this thread just feels like it was made for the sake of making it.

Great veiled jab at anti- Twilicorn arguments! Such a fitting comparison, seeing as how Shining Armor is clearly the lead character of the show just like Twilight, and not just one of many minor supporting characters.

• Brohoof 1

With Twi becoming an Alicorn and Shining Armor captain of the Royal Guard, I really wonder what roles their parents play in the politcial scale of Equestria. I mean with Twi also being Princess Celestia's student and have Cadnece as her foal sitter growing up, their parents must either be freaking rich or politically powerful....has anyone else ever thought about this or am I just looking a bit too deep?

They were put on a bus.

Far away. *cough*

(And now I have to talk a rant for about a hundred characters without hesitation, deviation, and whatever the third thing is.)

I don't think that Shining Armor is a horrible character but I do agree with the fact that there was no hint of TS of having a brother

If they had her talking about him or writing letters to him then the show would be 20% cooler and make more sense

I don't think that Shining Armor is a horrible character but I do agree with the fact that there was no hint of TS of having a brother

If they had her talking about him or writing letters to him then the show would be 20% cooler and make more sense

you're right....The show clearly shows that Twilight Sparkle and her brother have always been very close...so why not hint at his existance throughout as they did with her alicorn-ness (which may not be the 'real' hinting, which is another topic all together).  There were episodes in Season 1 that "hinted' at the Gala...so why not Shining Armor?

• Brohoof 1

Your replies are all so amusing

On topic I found nothing wrong with him, I do not see him as a powerful figure, I just see him as royalty.

It's true there was no hint of him before, the producers clearly threw him in as a way to connect him to Cadance and Twilight as someone she could relate to.

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool to an episode with Twilight and Shining having to work together on something but not being able to get along....something with conflict between the two...I mean come on, anyone who has siblings knows that it is impossible for you get along with your siblings ALL the time....Twi and Shining have a "perfect relationship."  The 'fighting' they had before the wedding was more or less just a huge misunderstanding, along with stress of an invasion, and so forth, so in my eyes that doesn't count as not getting along since external circumstances playing too big a role (though I did think Shining was going too far by saying Twilight, his own sister, should not come to the wedding)...

It'd just be nice to have his character fleshed out a bit...

Shining Armor being introduced and Twilight becoming an alicorn are not anywhere even close to being the same thing. Twilight may have been a loner but her having a brother was still very believable although he has some Gary Stu like qualities I don't believe he is one though a bit of character development wouldn't hurt and I am sure we will see some more of him. The twilicorn thing on the other hand came completely out of nowhere and while it was hinted that it would happen eventually there was very little indication that it would happen at the end of season 3. If anything Twilight received significantly less attention this season then she has in season 1@2 which normally wouldn't be too bad but with how much additional character development is required to make a change that significant work I think that the writers are going to be doing a lot of catch up work in season 4.

This thread appears to be some manner of random (but strangely enjoyable) nonsense, or something spammy of the sort. Thus, it has been sentenced to the Forum Lounge section of Cloudsdale Colosseum. This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Not sure why this thread needed to be moved.  It was a sarcastic (albeit flawed) critique/jab at those who are against the idea of Twilicorn.  There's some spamminess here, but there's more on topic than not.

Edited by hawkflame

Not sure why this thread needed to be moved. It was a sarcastic (albeit flawed) critique/jab at those who are against the idea of Twilicorn. There's some spamminess here, but there's more on topic than not.

Not directly. It's more of a "Really, listen to yourselves" kind of thing. If you dislike Twilicorn, then that's just, like, your opinion, man. But if you're (not -you-, but...y'know, if -someone- is) obsessing over it so much...really, relax, it's cartoon horses.a

EDIT: And here I was hoping to have a silly back and forth, rather than a "SHINING ARMOR ISN'T A BAD CHARACTER" and "Your argument is invalid, because Twilight and Shining Armor".

Edited by Pumpkinbot

you're right....The show clearly shows that Twilight Sparkle and her brother have always been very close...so why not hint at his existance throughout as they did with her alicorn-ness (which may not be the 'real' hinting, which is another topic all together).  There were episodes in Season 1 that "hinted' at the Gala...so why not Shining Armor?

because Hasbro said they wanted a Princess wedding at the end of season 2, and this happened long after the ending of season 1. kind of hard to hint at Twilight having a brother when there wasn't any plans that she should have one at first.

I hate how he looks like Vinyl Scratch, how dare the show writers and animators reuse colors for character designs all the time, it's not like there's a limited number of colors in the world to use that work well together.

He's not a central character just a plot pivoting character. He's not a character we grew into us while we watched MLP. He didn't change into anything just a doomed husband. How is he overpowered when he was the damsel in distress in Canterlot Wedding?