Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Deadspace Crossover RP

SilverHeart

(edited)

RP Thread: Deadspace Crossover

To sum up the premise:

Fancy Pants has built a five-star resort on previously unknown island that was discovered South-West of Equestria. The construction of the resort was setback numerous times because many workers quit or died while working on the resort. The week before the Grand Opening was scheduled, a small entrance to a cave was found on the far side of the island. The cave lead to ruins. 

Since the Resort had taken much more money than Fancy Pants had expected he has decided to continue with the grand opening of the resort as well as hire a team of archaeologists to study the ruins on the island. 

Later on in the RP when the Archaeology team discovers the Marker a magic shield will be projected around the island, trapping everypony on the island with the Necromorphs. The Magic Shield is a safety measure cast and created by Star Swirl the Bearded. (If we get far enough Star Swirl the Bearded will be explained later on in the RP.)

Where the Deadspace franchise comes in:

Necromorphs are the undead that have been revived by the Marker.

A Red Marker is in the center of the ruins. The archaeology team will discover it after the RP starts. 

The Red Marker influences any intelligent being in its area of influence. The usual effects of a marker are hallucinations of dead loved ones, insomnia, paranoia, and the reanimation of the dead. 

Rules:

You may have up to two OC's in this RP. That way OC's can die and people aren't immediately forced out of the RP. 

I may allow you to use an Alicorn but it will be on a case by case basis, most likely it will be denied; 

have a non-alicorn OC ready.

No guns or lasers.  

Try to be realistic. 

Romance is allowed, but keep PG-13. 

Alternatively after your OC dies or if you are only using one OC feel free to "take control" of a Necromorph to attack any other RP'ers. 

No God-modding.

Link to your OC. 

Choose one of two starting points Hotel Guest or Archaeologist. The only difference here is where you will be and what you will be doing at the beginning of the RP.

Hotel Guest/Staff List

1. Silver Heart (Silver Heart)

2. Raptor (Alex Kennedy)

3. Drop Forge (Dawn♥Rider)

Archaeologist List

1. Lost Knowledge (Alex Kennedy)

2.Ocean Wind (Jolteon)

3. Surf Skimmer (Stratos)

Edited by SilverHeart

As strange a combination as this is, I love Dead Space too much not to join. Although I haven't actually played the third game yet, and if anything about it is spoiled for me because of this roleplay, I'm going to have to eat my laptop in rage. Oh, and how do you do a crossover with an FPS and not have guns? Seems kind of weird. And now that I think about it, is the Ripper even technically a gun? Whatever. Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this.

Right, so here are my characters:

Lost Knowledge, who will be an archaeologist since that's what he already normally is.

And if you don't mind having a griffon, Raptor, who will be a guest.

If you need me too, I'll help you plan things out.

• Brohoof 1

As strange a combination as this is, I love Dead Space too much not to join. Although I haven't actually played the third game yet, and if anything about it is spoiled for me because of this roleplay, I'm going to have to eat my laptop in rage. Oh, and how do you do a crossover with an FPS and not have guns? Seems kind of weird. And now that I think about it, is the Ripper even technically a gun? Whatever. Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this.

Right, so here are my characters:

Lost Knowledge, who will be an archaeologist since that's what he already normally is.

And if you don't mind having a griffon, Raptor, who will be a guest.

If you need me too, I'll help you plan things out.

Welcome aboard! I will gladly accept your help, especially since you actually have experience with more structured roleplays. I'll send you a message.

@, @@Stratos,

You're both in, welcome to the RP. If we can get another person for the Hotel Guest/staff side I'll start this RP up. 

If no one joins by this afternoon or tomorrow, I could add another one of my OC's if you would like.

• Brohoof 1

@,@@Stratos, @@Alex Kennedy,  

Just as a heads up I'm going to post the RP thread tomorrow morning. I would do it today but I'm going to be very busy and I wouldn't be able to participate in it.

I totally forgot about this RP...would you like me to add a character ?

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/flame-dancer-r903

Or maybe someone else will join...I dunno. I am fine with Starting the RP topic tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

I totally forgot about this RP...would you like me to add a character ?

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/flame-dancer-r903

Or maybe someone else will join...I dunno. I am fine with Starting the RP topic tomorrow.

If you don't mind that would be great. I'll go ahead and add Flame Dancer as a Hotel Guest.

I'm about to start writing the opening post.

@,  

You're in, I'll add you to the list as soon as I'm done with the opening post.

@

Since Dawn Rider just joined, do you stil want Flame Dancer in the RP?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,  

You're in, I'll add you to the list as soon as I'm done with the opening post.

@

Since Dawn Rider just joined, do you stil want Flame Dancer in the RP?

Nope. You can just add Dawn rider. For this RP I was kinda hoping to use one character rather than two, so this works out wonderfully.

Edited by Jolteon
  • Brohoof 1

@@SilverHeart,

So are all the Archaeologist's already on the island ? Or are they arriving with the rest of the guests ?

Just to save time y'all have already been on the island. Originally y'all were going to arrive with the other guests. How about y'all are heading towards the ruins. There's a cave entrance in the side of the hill.

• Brohoof 1

Im trying to build the hotels appearence with my first post. So uhhh....yeah.... read my post and build on that if you want xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im trying to build the hotels appearence with my first post. So uhhh....yeah.... read my post and build on that if you want xD

Good job with that. Honestly, you people put me to shame. It takes me like an hour to write an (at best) mediocre post and you bust out that in about eight minutes.

Anyway I'm going to create or take control of an npc for the discovery of the Marker in a bit.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry for the late start everyone, I had some difficulties!  Things are all good now so I'm good to post a bunch.

Sorry again, I didn't mean to make you all wait on me like that but it gave my OC an introduction idea at least. :)

@@SilverHeart,

So, are you going to describe the layout of the cave and the ruins or do we just describe things we see as we feel like it?  Are the ruins right inside the cave or do we need to do a little exploring to get to them?  Sorry, I'm just a little confused on how it should look from where my pony is standing.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry for the late start everyone, I had some difficulties!  Things are all good now so I'm good to post a bunch.

Sorry again, I didn't mean to make you all wait on me like that but it gave my OC an introduction idea at least. smile.png

@@SilverHeart,

So, are you going to describe the layout of the cave and the ruins or do we just describe things we see as we feel like it?  Are the ruins right inside the cave or do we need to do a little exploring to get to them?  Sorry, I'm just a little confused on how it should look from where my pony is standing.

I'll leave it up to y'all for the most part. I'll try to find some screenshots of what I was thinking of the symbols...Also of the Marker in case any of y'all want to be the ones to find it.

How do I do Spoilers? I'm afraid that is something I haven't exactly figured out.

@@SilverHeart,

I think this is how spoilers work

Yeah that's cool, I was imagining that there would be evidence of stuff in the caves but the main ruin site would be kinda far in and not to be all spoilery but the artifact is in there somewhere unexpected and you're gonna surprise us with it right?

Edit: Whoops, I meant to do this: {spoiler}text{/spoiler} but use [brackets] instead of {these things}

Edited by Stratos

@@SilverHeart,

I think this is how spoilers work

Yeah that's cool, I was imagining that there would be evidence of stuff in the caves but the main ruin site would be kinda far in and not to be all spoilery but the artifact is in there somewhere unexpected and you're gonna surprise us with it right?

Edit: Whoops, I meant to do this: {spoiler}text{/spoiler} but use [brackets] instead of {these things}

Awesome, thank you for the spoiler. Yes that's kind of what I was planning on. I was more planning on...well if I can pull it off I think I'll just do it in the RP instead of saying it here. 

So Alex if you consider screenshots of the environment and a Marker spoilers I recommend you do not look at the spoiler.

Turns out that it was harder to find screenshots of the glyphs and ruins than I thought it would be. Found a ton of Necromorph screenshots though.

Symbols and ruins on the walls, scale it down quite a bit though, so it could fit.

Log-3-Audio-Log3.jpg

Concept art that I thought was neat. 

tumblr_mibm6idOHs1r77g57o1_1280.jpg

A few screen shots of the Red Marker so you know what it looks like.

200px-Red_Marker_-_Profile.jpg

Dead-space-20080923085718171_640w.jpg

And here's one that is actively trying to influence the games main character.

PA251180.JPG

• Brohoof 2