General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

That really shouldn't have made you laugh.

Shut.

Up.

Random Challenge!

Your main OC was on his/her way to deliver something extremely important to a secluded village. The only path available was a narrow valley at the side of the Everfree Forest. Flying or taking a balloon ride was out of question because the area surrounding the valley was blanketed with dense fog. Your OC was almost halfway there when the earth suddenly shuddered. He/she looked up only to find this creature looming above the ground.

GwtAu.jpg

Will your OC survive?

Synth would not survive....

And if he had enough time to think, he'd be long gone.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

Dude, is there anything about him that we know of was not a facade?

There is...it's just difficult to find...I think... :ph34r: 

Also:

Each time I hear more ska music, I love it even more. :wub: BBBFF in ska is awesome!

However...this is probably one of the most bizarre combinations I've ever seen:

-Not-so-bad Pinkie PMV

-Ska cover of a song. Raining Blood from Slayer. :blink:

Random Challenge!
Can I have Asteria?

Alone, Asteria would teleport away out of terror.

Lapis would try to reason with the monster, but ultimately fail.

Misty would crumple into a heap and pretend it wasn't happening.

What's wrong with bacon?

I'm allergic, remember? 

• Brohoof 1

Flutters_and_Dash.png

There is...it's just difficult to find...I think... :ph34r:

Also:

Each time I hear more ska music, I love it even more. :wub: BBBFF in ska is awesome!

However...this is probably one of the most bizarre combinations I've ever seen:

-Not-so-bad Pinkie PMV

-Ska cover of a song. Raining Blood from Slayer. :blink:

Uuuh, question. What exactly is Ska?

The first is is odd, but it did get epic at :28

And the second one just seems like a really simplified version with added instruments.

7Crdz3K.png

Synth would not survive....

And if he had enough time to think, he'd be long gone.

Poor Synth :P

So, if the horror was slow enough, Synth would be able to survive?

I'm allergic, remember?

Ah... Sorry :x

Can I have Asteria?

Well, since Lapis never really go on a journey without Asteria on his tail, pretty sure the pair would be together when the horror reared its ugly head :wacko:
  • Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Well, since Lapis never really go on a journey without Asteria on his tail, pretty sure the pair would be together when the horror reared its ugly head
Then they would use standard tag-team tactics  to subdue the monster. Most likely, they will end up dropping rocks on its head.

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Poor Synth :P

So, if the horror was slow enough, Synth would be able to survive?

Poor Synth indeed. He has nothing to proctect himself with. :(

And yes. I'd believe the terror would be motivation enough to cause him to book it the hell outta there.

Though, that thing looks like its got a good reach on it as well...

7Crdz3K.png

looks similar to what i pictured is trapped in dox... maybe he could control it

Be warned though, this one horror has no sentience to be reasoned with, only hunger :wacko:

Then they would use standard tag-team tactics to subdue the monster. Most likely, they will end up dropping rocks on its head.

Dropping rocks to subdue a monstrous creature? That would be a mightily awesome spectacle to watch lEJ9q.png

If the pair succeeded, they would be a helluva lot richer :P

Poor Synth indeed. He has nothing to proctect himself with. :(

And yes. I'd believe the terror would be motivation enough to cause him to book it the hell outta there.

Though, that thing looks like its got a good reach on it as well...

Not everypony can be a fighter or brave enough to keep his/her cool on such sight :x

Rather doubt the horror can run exceptionally fast though. Those tendrils wouldn't make a good running feet.

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Uuuh, question. What exactly is Ska?

In my country, ska is a more common, so I'm more used to it. As for how to describe ska...hmmm...that's not exactly an easy question. But I could tell you, that it's...like...jazz + rock, in a sense. It's also characterized by the frequent use of the trumpet. It also uses Here, let me show you other samples.

And a much more clear one.

Best part, is that this song is really happy, but the lyrics are clearly telling you "Sorry, you're on your own pal!" ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea Nicolas Cage was a model to MtG :wacko:

HZ3M7.jpg

Why is that? 

With the secluded village being quite important and only having a single clear route to reach it, it shouldn't take long for someone to put a huge bounty on the monster's head :wacko:
  • Brohoof 1

k3v45pe.jpg?1

In my country, ska is a more common, so I'm more used to it. As for how to describe ska...hmmm...that's not exactly an easy question. But I could tell you, that it's...like...jazz + rock, in a sense. It's also characterized by the frequent use of the trumpet. It also uses Here, let me show you other samples.

And a much more clear one.

Best part, is that this song is really happy, but the lyrics are clearly telling you "Sorry, you're on your own pal!" ^_^

Huh. Its not too bad, but it feels too much like a light rock to me.

7Crdz3K.png

With the secluded village being quite important and only having a single clear route to reach it, it shouldn't take long for someone to put a huge bounty on the monster's head
Neat. 

Flutters_and_Dash.png

Not everypony can be a fighter or brave enough to keep his/her cool on such sight :x

Rather doubt the horror can run exceptionally fast though. Those tendrils wouldn't make a good running feet.

Well, the thing about Synth is he isn't much of a fighter. At all. So it wouldn't even take something of this magnitude to send him running.

Even though he does like to mess with just about everyone no matter what, he usually tends to try not get into any physical conflicts. Not saying he couldn't handle himself in a hooffight, but should they start flying at him and he can, he's gonna leave.

For something like this, he may not be the first to run, but he'll probably damn sure be the second.

Well, good. Then I'm sure he will be fine.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

Huh. Its not too bad, but it feels too much like a light rock to me.

Personally, I love it. I love the trumpet's use in this genre. There are so happy songs. And yet, they can be talking about whatever. That "Let's move it bro!" feel...it's awesome. To me at least. I do believe that you like harder styles of music or electronic, right? 

Personally, I love it. I love the trumpet's use in this genre. There are so happy songs. And yet, they can be talking about whatever. That "Let's move it bro!" feel...it's awesome. To me at least. I do believe that you like harder styles of music or electronic, right? 

Eeyup to both. I'm more into metal and the ones closer to it. Some softer songs do pique my interest and make it into my Ipod though.

7Crdz3K.png

Say, does a helm design like this can actually be used by a pony to get in an actual swordfight?

XLMZJ.png

i finally got my friend's gift into a box... took forever, too

If the gift is small, you can easily use some unused shoebox VnCRQ.png

For something like this, he may not be the first to run, but he'll probably damn sure be the second.

A boring delivery quest suddenly take turn into an impromptu race ZlCHy.png
  • Brohoof 2

k3v45pe.jpg?1

Say, does a helm design like this can actually be used by a pony to get in an actual swordfight?

img-1072159-1-XLMZJ.png

If the gift is small, you can easily use some unused shoebox

enope, too darn big.

post-3479-0-68552300-1361330583.png

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

Signature: CrystalRose & MatrixChicken

A boring delivery quest suddenly take turn into an impromptu race img-1072159-3-ZlCHy.png

Hmmm, not sure.

Her horn would follow the 'blade' wherever it went, so that would make it slightly harder cut and slash due to it mostly likely being wider and not as smooth.

The blade would also have to be longer than her horn and further apart for stabbing.

It would be the race of the ages. ._.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

That's the point. The blade part should be long enough to stab someone to death and parry incoming attacks :wacko:

no, i mean't the gift was too darn big XD

post-3479-0-68552300-1361330583.png

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

Signature: CrystalRose & MatrixChicken

Maybe, but recoil would hurt...
  • Brohoof 1

Flutters_and_Dash.png

no, i mean't the gift was too darn big XD

Ah 3lnNF.png

That's huge... What kind of present is that?

Hmmm, not sure.

Her horn would follow the 'blade' wherever it went, so that would make it slightly harder cut and slash due to it mostly likely being wider and not as smooth.

The blade would also have to be longer than her horn and further apart for stabbing.

It would be the race of the ages. ._.

To be fair, that's the only good sword-helm image. I couldn't find any that features an earth pony :c

A race of the ages indeed. The survivors would have one of the greatest scary story to retell on camping night :P

Maybe, but recoil would hurt...

Yeah... But at least it would be better than holding a sword's hilt by your teeth :o

i kinda hate those sword-in-the-mouth arts :z

k3v45pe.jpg?1