Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

How much random access RAM does my computer use while idle, anyway? Oh and there's the problem with trying to overclocking it and having my HDD disc drive losing power because of it... can't check it til I get home, though...

It shouldn't use much more than like, 10% if anything from being idle I would think. :?

Don't overclock then? Idk, ive never really figured out the point of overclocking.

It shouldn't use much more than like, 10% if anything from being idle I would think. :?

Don't overclock then? Idk, ive never really figured out the point of overclocking.

You didn't see the secret redundancies that I secretly snuck in? Maybe I should list out the parts of the personal PC, like the central CPU unit and the PSU supply unit. And the solid state SSD.

@, he's quite obvious here.

I'm debating whether or not to go for a new game, even though I'm too ashamed to want to and my computer needs revamping.

What would the new game be? Don't you have a nice gaming computer? What needs revamping? Also nice picture!

What would the new game be? Don't you have a nice gaming computer? What needs revamping? Also nice picture!

The game, I'm keeping a secret. The problem is that the game's resource intensive, as in, it may use 75% of all of my RAM. Plus, I'd like to overclock my CPU and GPU, but my power supply can't deliver enough current to do that.

The game, I'm keeping a secret. The problem is that the game's resource intensive, as in, it may use 75% of all of my RAM. Plus, I'd like to overclock my CPU and GPU, but my power supply can't deliver enough current to do that.

Oh that is an intensive game. xD And doesn't overclocking start to overheat it? What kind of graphics card do you have?

Oh that is an intensive game. xD And doesn't overclocking start to overheat it? What kind of graphics card do you have?

My graphics card is made for overclocking. It's an R9 390. The CPU, I switched out the stock cooler a long time ago so I can overclock that one too. Didn't think all the current the two would use would keep my hard drive from getting any power, though.

How much ram do you even have to begin with?

My graphics card is made for overclocking. It's an R9 390. The CPU, I switched out the stock cooler a long time ago so I can overclock that one too. Didn't think all the current the two would use would keep my hard drive from getting any power, though.

Oh I see. Must be a nice card. My laptop just has integrated graphics. Well most do. But it is decent, and it is a low end i7 so it's pretty decent. I don't play many games anyway so.

Oh I see. Must be a nice card. My laptop just has integrated graphics. Well most do. But it is decent, and it is a low end i7 so it's pretty decent. I don't play many games anyway so.

The R9 390's are more or less comparable to the GTX 970's. Interestingly, had I gone with the 970, I would've gotten a rebate for the 3.5GB VRAM debacle that happened. I don't game as much as I like to. I don't play that many games; very few games are interesting to me.

The R9 390's are more or less comparable to the GTX 970's. Interestingly, had I gone with the 970, I would've gotten a rebate for the 3.5GB VRAM debacle that happened. I don't game as much as I like to. I don't play that many games; very few games are interesting to me.

Oh I see, you sound like me. I don't game much either. I haven't actually played a video game in a long time, and the only series I have been playing recently is Kirby. Though there are some new games coming out. Plus I have been moving. So yeah. I am very very casual when it comes to games, I just go drive everywhere when I am bored and explore. xD

Has anyone ever seen The Sonic, Shadow and Silver Show on YouTube? It's a pretty old series, but it's still hilarious. Like this Revenge of the Tails Doll series:

God damn, that's old stuff right there.

I really liked videos like those a long time ago, especially those ones.

Nostalgic.

Edited by Punicpunch

I figured as much. Maybe 12 or 16GB should be the total?

I'm honestly going to shoot all the way up to 32 and call it a life, but that's just me personally. 

16 should be plenty for literally everything, especially if 8 is getting eaten up by whatever game that is. Though, I still question if you're running it with other ram heavy things at the same time.

I'm honestly going to shoot all the way up to 32 and call it a life, but that's just me personally. 

16 should be plenty for literally everything, especially if 8 is getting eaten up by whatever game that is. Though, I still question if you're running it with other ram heavy things at the same time.

Most games take around 4 GB, a game taking 8 is pretty large.

yeah, it is.

I honestly don't know what games take up that much ram. Like, ones that NEED it to run. It honestly sounds kinda farfetched, but eh. Not like I play such things anyhow.

Two words: Google Chrome. Mostly I have tabs scattered across all three of my monitors and I lose track of what's opened at once. That and I leave a bunch more background programs running as well. Right now, as I speak, I'm at about 3% CPU usage and 66% memory usage.

Oh, and I found my old scooter.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk