Watercolor OC painting

Bronyette

Woohoo!~ Finally got time to make a painting. I think it looks pretty good for a watercolor.  The only thing that bugs me is her face and how it looks weird. Maybe someone could give me a few tips for that. smile.png

post-11323-0-07252700-1366334329_thumb.jpg

Tell me if anything looks off, or just some overall criticism. It's always greatly appreciated. 

• Brohoof 7

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

Overall looks very well done ^_^

Face doesn't seem weird at all (could be the open eye, could be a bit softer in expression). Good choice of colours as well (though I think the white should be a bit brighter), really loving the splashing outline around her. Only thing about the drawing itself would be that wing looks a bit too high.

Great work~ /)

• Brohoof 1

ddh119v-b9d3d69e-96cc-4aa1-8512-b28889c7a677.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2E5MGUwZjVlLWZkNjAtNDQ2Zi1hZmIxLWE0NmY2YmFiYTQwMFwvZGRoMTE5di1iOWQzZDY5ZS05NmNjLTRhYTEtODUxMi1iMjg4ODljN2E2NzcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.wQi-q35Dh73MCx_EDYsX4DHFS9nlMBoftCaY6lOpsnI

^~Signature by Me~^

~^Click on the Image above for already made signatures/graphics^~

Overall looks very well done happy.png

Face doesn't seem weird at all (could be the open eye, could be a bit softer in expression). Good choice of colours as well (though I think the white should be a bit brighter), really loving the splashing outline around her. Only thing about the drawing itself would be that wing looks a bit too high.

Great work~ /)

I'll take into account her wing, I can never place them right. Thank you so much for the help. :catface:

Though there was something going wrong with my white paint, at times it seemed more gray than white even though I must have cleaned my brush a dozen times.

v7PAGdl.png

Hey, that doesn't look too bad! The body looks a little off, I think it should dip in the middle a little more and the rump should go a little higher. Also, the tail looks weird... Remember that tails are an extension of the spine, so there's actually a thinner bit under the hair that the hair grows out of, which also controls the movement of the whole tail. The wings look a little small. Also, FiM wings generally go on the side of the pony, not the back. I like the mane style. Try moving the ear up a little on the head next time, let it flow with the side of the head, perhaps. The nose has a good angle on it, you did good on the eyes. Not a bad piece, but you asked for tips so you seem to be looking to improve. wink.png

• Brohoof 2

DH0Y4.png

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Hey, that doesn't look too bad! The body looks a little off, I think it should dip in the middle a little more and the rump should go a little higher. Also, the tail looks weird... Remember that tails are an extension of the spine, so there's actually a thinner bit under the hair that the hair grows out of, which also controls the movement of the whole tail. The wings look a little small. Also, FiM wings generally go on the side of the pony, not the back. I like the mane style. Try moving the ear up a little on the head next time, let it flow with the side of the head, perhaps. The nose has a good angle on it, you did good on the eyes. Not a bad piece, but you asked for tips so you seem to be looking to improve. img-1400650-1-wink.png

Thank you very much for the critique. I do really need to work on the anatomy of the pony, but I have improved much in my short time of drawing them. :3 The tail was a screw up since the paint didn't really go in the direction I wanted it to, plus dark grey is not exactly easy to fix so I just left it. x.x Maybe I'll get to fixing that.

The wings are purposely small, however, because my pony isn't much of a flier so she didn't exactly exercise them. Her wings didn't grow much more than filly sized, so they are pretty vestigial. But I do admit I can never, for the life of me, put the wings in the correct space, it always looks off to me for some reason. I'll be sure to figure it all out eventually. :catface: But thanks for the criticism, I'll take everything into account and try to fix all my mistakes.

• Brohoof 1

v7PAGdl.png