Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here use firealpaca/medibang paint?

Stardust

I've been using firealpaca for a long time (and medibang) and I think they are really good. One thing though is brush options i'm not sure if there are better ones elsewhere. Medibang might have more but I haven't explored it so much and often it asks u to login for more and I don't wanna haha. I do like how simple firealpaca is at first I didn't like it as the lines seemed weird to me and a lot of the art made with it seemed not so good compared to something like sai or photoshop but now I really like it and the stabliser tool works well. 

Who else uses any of those and what brushes do you use? Anyone has any tips or anything to share :P

• Brohoof 1

Fire alpaca. A friend of mine recommended it to me a couple years ago (she's a graphic designer).

I don't draw often, but when I do I use fire alpaca. It has many useful tools including perspective lines and some interesting comic textures.

If I had more talent and bothered more on practicing (and wasn't as shy when it came to any artistic output) I would be getting all the juice from fire alpaca.

I think one of the best parts of it is that it is free and lighter than most digital painting programs.

• Brohoof 1

I use Medibang Paint and JUMP PAINT, which are pretty much the same program save for a few minor differences. I draw a lot of manga, so these programs are perfect for me. I usually use the wet watercolour brush for sketching and drafting and use the G Pen for my inking work. You can actually make your own custom brushes, but I haven't really needed to. The one thing I want to do is find a way to add a few more screentones at some point.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I use Medibang Paint and JUMP PAINT, which are pretty much the same program save for a few minor differences. I draw a lot of manga, so these programs are perfect for me. I usually use the wet watercolour brush for sketching and drafting and use the G Pen for my inking work. You can actually make your own custom brushes, but I haven't really needed to. The one thing I want to do is find a way to add a few more screentones at some point.

Ooh now I remember trying JUMP paint a while back I can't remember why I stopped using it probably since it was so similar already rather than anything else, but it did seem to have a few extra tools. It seemed good though.

Yeah medibang seems to be pretty good for that sorta thing. :kirin: 

• 3 years later...

I used to use Medibang for a few years when I first got my tablet. IIRC the brushes I mostly used were the watercolor ones since they had a softness I liked and blended easily. Nowadays I use Krita which feels a lot more professional, but it's definitely a lot less beginner-friendly.

• 1 month later...

I've used medibang for almost my entire digital artist career lol. It's not bad! the watercolors have decent blending and the brushes are fun to play with, and the stabilizers are also really good. Don't save ur things to cloud though, i did that for like five years, and then they told me i needed to pay to even access anything bc i exceeded the 5gb. 

if ur a beginner i say try medibang! but i can't say much for fire alpaca, as I've never touched it in my life lol.