Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone here genuinely like G5?

CastletonSnob

A lot of people on the internet talk about how bad G5 is. Is there anyone here who genuinely likes G5? And I don't mean just the movie. I mean G5 as a whole.

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

I do and I haven't even watched half of it. Only the G5 movie and a few TYT episodes.

What's happening could possibly be the critics and/or loud minority making it seem like everyone hates it. Just a possibility though, I can only speculate based on what I've seen in other fandoms and shows.

• Brohoof 3

51 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

A lot of people on the internet talk about how bad G5 is. Is there anyone here who genuinely likes G5? And I don't mean just the movie. I mean G5 as a whole.

Define a lot of people. Like actually a lot of people or just the circles you frequent? It's been a hot debate on Twitter to the point EQD had to make a whole post calling out people apparently sending death threats to fans of G5. Obviously people like it to the point G4 fanboys are bothered by it

As for me, it's not for me, at least enough to watch it regularly, but I've liked what I've seen, and I still believe that the movie was the best MLP movie we've ever had

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I do and I haven't even watched half of it. Only the G5 movie and a few TYT episodes.

Same for me and I really enjoy both Tell Your Tale and the Gen 5 movie! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I definitely do! Waiting for the newest TYT episode to release every week (well, usually every week) gives me the same joy I had when waiting for new G4 episodes on TV. I've seen all the G5 content released so far. While I definitely preferred the longer episodes of MYM, season 2 of TYT has seriously been a step up imo compared to the first season. It's done a good job filling in the gaps with MYM gone so far.

Really though, this whole G4 vs G5 debacle reminds me of the old PS3 vs 360 console war. Completely and totally pointless. It's just instead of people arguing that their black box is better than your other black box, they're saying their pastel horses are better than your pastel horses. It's very silly. It would be so easy for the G5 haters to just ignore the content and fans and go on with their life.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
  • Brohoof 2

It’s not better than G4, but I like it regardless. I must confess I like it being a sequel to FIM, and that’s the “mane” reason I’ve stuck around :oh_golly:

22 hours ago, Megas said:

Define a lot of people. Like actually a lot of people or just the circles you frequent? It's been a hot debate on Twitter to the point EQD had to make a whole post calling out people apparently sending death threats to fans of G5. Obviously people like it to the point G4 fanboys are bothered by it

As for me, it's not for me, at least enough to watch it regularly, but I've liked what I've seen, and I still believe that the movie was the best MLP movie we've ever had

The MLP fansites I frequent.

(edited)

I genuinely like G5.  I do not think any person should really take online opinions too seriously. Especially those people that spend all day on social media desperate seeking for attention.

I remember a popular "mlp fan site" claiming that "nobody is watching G5" and that "G4 is infinitely better", but the reality is that G5 TYT alone had around a hundred million interactions across social media last year! That is why I do not take those "fan sites" opinions seriously.

By the way, if some people call themselves an MLP fan site and spend time daily trashing anything new and deem it all "garbage", they have completely ignored the show's messages about friendship and lost all credibility. Whether you like something or not is subjective, but manners are not.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • smile 1

• 2 weeks later...