Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone here actually follow Celestianism?

Reiki Knight 13

Very simple question aside from the now abandoned Princess Celestia account does anyone actually follow the belief of Celestianism?

Also,  as a bit of a bonus thought was the only known religion of MLP everyone was aware of?

I don't think so. People have watered down the idea of religion. Just because you are a fan of something doesn't make it a religion. People don't actually believe in a super natural,  metaphysical aspect of a cartoon show.

I don't understand the second sentence.

I hope not, worshipping a character who is entirely fictional wouldn’t be a very healthy mindset.

But maybe someone could follow Equestrian ideals as a philosophy, without believing it’s a real place.

1 hour ago, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

I don't think so. People have watered down the idea of religion. Just because you are a fan of something doesn't make it a religion. People don't actually believe in a super natural,  metaphysical aspect of a cartoon show.

I don't understand the second sentence.

I'm not implying a big fan group Im actually asking if there religious aspects of belief.

In other words yes, an actual religion.

1 hour ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

I hope not, worshipping a character who is entirely fictional wouldn’t be a very healthy mindset.

But maybe someone could follow Equestrian ideals as a philosophy, without believing it’s a real place.

There is a lot of religious and spiritual aspects within this particular show. Sure Equestria itself isn't real but there are a lot of things and I'm not just referring to the Greek mythology stuff but other things as well.

To me this really does seem like a fable of sorts.

Not quite as in your face as the chronicles of Narnia was about Christianity but it is there in bits and pieces.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like someone is trying to present certain ideas of spirituality but under a kind of "mask" of cute ponies and friendship.

I mean one of the more obvious ones is Twilight's journey being equivalent to that of ascension and that of apprenticeship to master level or teacher.

crystal empire=indigo /crystal children  etc.

So, there is stuff there, like A LOT of stuff.

Big question though is was it planned or coincidence?

Here are just a few things within MLP that have a deeper meaning.

Celestia=Celestial or basically of the heavens.

Luna= Lunar of the night and divine shadow. The moon itself being an aspect of the sacred night to most belief.

Twilight Sparkle= the Northern star.

but names aside there is things like Twilight's journey or more to the point the journey of the soul.

Twilight started in Canterlot under Celestia then came to Ponyvile to learn lessons and send up returning to Canterlot on the end.

So, Basically you Twilight = new soul coming from Canterlot and leaving Celestia= leaving heaven to go to live in a town of earth pony = a world of earthlings. She is study and learn there among the earth = incarnation of soul into earth. 

Twilight eventually reaches an AHA moment and becomes a princess with Celestia= ascension into a higher level of understanding and understanding of wisdom of heaven.

Twilight has doubts about this and her worthiness of being a princess= the journey of the shadow self and the conflict of one's inner demons.

eventually, Twilight learns to accept herself as princess and rules over Equestria= the completed soul journey and return to heaven as a graduate of the school of earth AKA the hero's journey completed.

Now, before you argue keep in mind that I only list these examples to show that you can find quite a bit within it.

And what's interesting is I have talked with some of my friends who quite a few have never seen or probably in a few never heard of MLP about some of the things within the show just not quite as cartoonist and yeah alot of it would be seen as what one might call "higher truths."

I guess what I am referring to here is kind of what you might call archetypes and to make a long story a little shorter kind of substitutes for various meanings and philosophy of the human spirit and experiences if you will.

So, in terms of seeing something like a literal Celestia , Luna, Equestria etc existing no, that would be absurd but in terms of Celestia representing an "idea" so to speak that may have something to it.

I Dunno, thoughts?

1 hour ago, Star heart 777 said:

So, in terms of seeing something like a literal Celestia , Luna, Equestria etc existing no, that would be absurd but in terms of Celestia representing an "idea" so to speak that may have something to it.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. It’s like how some people follow Jedi or Vulcan philosophy, while obviously remembering that those things originated in fiction.

1 hour ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. It’s like how some people follow Jedi or Vulcan philosophy, while obviously remembering that those things originated in fiction.

I don't know if you could call MLP:FIM "fiction" per say here. Don't get me wrong characters and such are certainly false but it's more like allegory than straight fiction. And in the case of MLP I say that it feels more direct.

So yes fictional but not 100% fictional.

Do t get the wrong star trek and star wars have some interesting philosophy but it's just not as direct about it.