Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament (FULL!)

Literally Snails

(edited)

Rune's eyes widened and became more yellow again as he saw what Swordpoint planed to do. "What?! No!"

That split second of hesitation was too much, even as he tried to throw himself in front of the blast he was too slow. The blast hit forcing the rune to activate. The blast seemed strangely muffled for the force it put out. Dirt scattered flying everywhere, small stinging particles digging into the contestants and ref. The debris cloud began to clear a dark form in it.

"Are you absolutely insane!?!" Rune was completely back to his original self except for a large amount of grit blasted into his hide most of which started to make small pin heads of blood.

"A magically forced detonation of a unidentified rune that you have no idea of it's function! Do have any idea what could have happened?! It could have set all of them off! It could have killed us all! Do you know how volatile an unfinished alchemy circle is? Especially one this big!" He let out a snort glaring at Swordpoint.

Edited by Fivefs

(edited)

Her horn glowed and her helmet came... off? A look of fiery determination came across her face and you realize that striking out may have been a mistake. Your foot hits her solidly in the nose, causing her to spiral backwards away from you. While it doesn't look like it hurt very much, you realize her nose is bleeding. She grimaces as the crowd see, and her horn glows again. There is iron in blood, you know? She thinks, as a dagger forms from her nose. She lashes out at him with it.

@@aRegularPony,

Edited by Dawnpath

@

Wrong thread, bro

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint coughed slightly. "Alchemy circle? So you are in control of your horn. If my research is correct... alchemy circles are exactly the sort of thing I'd prefer to avoid." Good... looks like I managed to suppress the dragon... for now.

Swordpoint dove toward Rune and swung the back side of his lance at him.

(edited)

@,

"Ah!" Silver yelped as Goldre countered his assault  Whatever she did it made his tornado around his hoof disappear. Unfortunately, Goldre seemed to be equally as skilled in pegasi wind attacks as he was, which was something he didn't really expect.  After seeing his tornado go away; Silver Storm quickly retreated back to the air avoid taking a hit from Goldre. 

"Well that didn't work." Silver said to himself as Goldre yelled at someone in the audience  He noticed the stripe that used to be on Goldre had vanished for some reason. It was a mystery to him but he didn't think about it for too long.

"Looks like I can't attack directly. I'll just have to wait for Goldre to attack me so I can counter her, maybe then I'll be able to get a hit in." Silver planned in his mind. The mare didn't really seem too keen on flying despite her being a pegasus. Silver Storm lowered himself closer to the stadium floor but remained in the air. He contemplated making another tornado hoof but then decided it would be best to put that on hold as it takes a lot of energy to do such an advance move.

"Why don't you come over here and hit me?" Silver told Goldre with a smirk on his face. "Or are you too scared to even get close enough to attack me?" Silver said teasing her to come in and attack. Hopefully by using such words she would take the bait.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

(edited)

@

Wrong thread, bro

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint coughed slightly. "Alchemy circle? So you are in control of your horn. If my research is correct... alchemy circles are exactly the sort of thing I'd prefer to avoid." Good... looks like I managed to suppress the dragon... for now.

Swordpoint dove toward Rune and swung the back side of his lance at him.

(Actually she is in the only remaining fight of the original four. So it is was the right thread haha Radio the pony with the suit tongue.png )

Rune Breaker was focused on his rune marks, he stamped his left hoof on the ground where the previous rune and been. He was muttering to himself, "lucky I'm almost done or..."

He shot a bolt across the arena while starting to answer Swordpoint. "Well you should be scared, all my research and I've 'NEVER TAKE YOU EYES OF THE ENEMY IN BATTLE!' only found fouuugghhh..." Knightfall's warning and blur in the corner of his eye gave him a seconds notice, a decade of avoiding traps in ancient ruins allowed him to react. He dropped trying to fall below the Pegasus's lance but was too slow. The butt of the lance struck him as he dropped and the blow sent him sprawling. He was able to roll absorbing most of the impact.

Edited by Fivefs
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint could see the shock in Rune's eyes as he toppled over. I am sorry, Rune Breaker... But I cannot let you build that circle.

Swordpoint charged up a mild electricity spell and cast it at the dazed Rune Breaker. This shouldn't hurt too much... just enough to keep that demon at bay. Now if I can just find some way to knock him out of the ring... I won't have to kill him.

(Also, sorry, , didn't see your name for a few pages, so I thought it was a mistake tongue.png)

Edited by Justin_ZW
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@

Rune Breaker laid in the dirt the air was knocked out him. He wheezed sending up a little puff of dust his eyes settled on the ground twenty feet from him. He smirked sending a weak beam to it.

"Got yaaaaahhhhhhhhh..." The cheer becoming a scream as he started convulsing on the ground as the Swordpoint's spell connected with him. As it ended he collapsed completely struggling for breath but smiling.

Around the outside of the arena gold lines connecting the runes and moving inward creating an intricate pattern. The air in the arena became heavy, a sinking feeling on every molecule, a breeze blew over the crowd towards ring from every direction.

Edited by Fivefs

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint felt the difference in the air. He'd heard of such alchemy circles before, but he had never experienced their power. He glanced at Rune, who was lying on the ground, grinning and watching. He looked weak.

"Clever, Rune Breaker. But you're no fighter, and I am prepared." If I can pick him up and throw him out of the arena... It will be over. He appears to be weakened... I pray this works, for my magic is not strong enough to create a capable barrier to withstand the force of this.

Swordpoint dove at Rune again and attempted to wrap his forehoof around the unicorn's midsection.

(edited)

@

Rune Breaker didn't fight against Swordpoint as he attempted to lift him remaining limp.  Then suddenly he grabbed Swordpoint back, trying to hold on to him tight.  He leaned in close to whisper in his ear, "You made a mistake coming down. Alchemy Circles are just incredible amplifiers to multiply power and cover wide areas for the runes they are made of.  And all my runes were gravity traps, each moment it will get stronger here.  Are you feeling heavy yet?"

Edited by Fivefs

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint could feel his body slowly growing heavier. He could still fly, but if he let the trap go for too long, he would be grounded. He threw Rune Breaker to the ground and flew higher into the air. Good... The traps don't affect me as greatly up here. But I'm sure they will, soon... He looked down at Rune Breaker, who was lying on the ground, and then back at his lance. He's vulnerable... I could kill him. But there must be another way. There must be some way to eliminate the trap...

Swordpoint noticed the pulsing of the golden lights connecting the runes. Magic... I can overload it with some of my own... but a spell of that size would drain me considerably...

Once again, he glanced at the sharp tip of his lance. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them again. He began to charge energy into his wings for a powerful burst of magical energy. He could feel himself beginning to lose altitude as he charged the spell.

Finally, he released his energy in a massive golden pulse which engulfed the arena. The crowd screamed for a moment, certain that they were going to be vaporized... but it passed harmlessly through them. Swordpoint panted heavily, still mobile, but no longer capable of casting spells.

@ Lady Rainicorn

Goldre fanned her now mended wing and began picking at the feathers, pointing them all in the same direction.

"Scared? Of what? I'm just too lazy. Ask me again tomorrow. I'll just sit here and preen until my wings are absolutely irresistible," Goldre commented. A perplexed look came across Silver's face.

"Ya know what? I'm taking a nap," Goldre scooped up her sunglasses. "You should too, if you know what's good for you."

Goldre suddenly whirred, tossing a tranquilizing dart straight at Silver.

"Sweet, golden dreams," she whispered.

(edited)

Seeing the dart coming towards him Silver effortlessly dodged it by moving to the side. "How many weapons does she have?" Silver wondered.

Silver Storm's face now showed bordem and lack of interest. "Oh come now Goldre. Are you so tired that you've ran out of original attacks?" He told her. "And here I thought this match was going to be interesting.....oh well" Silver said unimpressed.

"Even if your little play toys had hit me I wouldn't have went down." Silver Storm added. He knew he could handle that but then h e remembered Goldre's hypnotic eyes that almost made him sleepy. Hopefully she wouldn't use that awkward mental attack that probably would've knocked him out.

"Got anything else you'd like to share with me?" Silver teased the mare again. He was buying time to gather strength for another tornado hoof. Maybe then he'd be able to use it to his advantage.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

(edited)

Rune's eyes widened at the as the massive golden pulse descended on the arena. "No! No! No! Stop doing things you don't understand!"  He started stamping the ground directly underneath him as fast as he could.  Every crack in his horn illuminated and staining to put out as much magic as possible into it.

The pulse hit and the circle sucked it down, a bottomless drain none of Swordpoints magic escaped it.

And then nothing.  Dead silence except for Rune's frantic stamping and vulgarity.  Then like he seemed to realize he was breaking something sacred he dropped to the rune marred ground curling up like a foal and covering himself in a shield spell.

The silence stretched on uncomfortably, Rune Breaker merely shivered cowering in the ring.  A larger stallion in the crowd stood up looking around before yelling down "What in Tartarus is that all about nothi-" The arena suddenly became a blur, if the sound before had been muffled this was amplified as the circle released a feedback.  Air rushed up, gravity switching itself in the extreme, pushing (or was it pulling?) towards space.

Edited by Fivefs

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint was thrust upwards at once. No! I must escape the circle! But my only hope is a teleportation spell... And any more magic will start to stress my body... As the arena rapidly shrunk beneath him, Swordpoint made up his mind. He forced energy into his wings and disappeared with a small popping sound. He reappeared just outside the reversed gravity trap and collapsed to his knees. He panted heavily. Each breath he took sent sharp pains through his lungs.

"Rune Breaker!" he shouted. "How can I stop it?! That shield won't last forever, and your magic is growing weaker! You could be killed!"

(edited)

Rune Breaker was curled in a fetal position pushed against the top of his own shield, the only thing preventing him from being crushed against it was the small impromptu alchemy circle at his feet. His horn was still glowing as fierce as before feeding magic down (or was it now up?) into the arena.  'AH My head is ripping apart, it's never hurt this bad... I-I ah make it stop!  My horn is going to shatter...'  'Give in.  Break down.  Let me take over. You are weak.'  'No! I'll restore the kernel!  I'll still win.  It's just a feedback, a burp.  As long as I fix it before the switch back...'

"NOTHING! Don't do anything." Rune screamed his voice cracking, visibly grinding his teeth in agony.  And then for a moment he was weightless, everything in the arena was.  Gravity in that area for that moment seemed to cease to exist.

Edited by Fivefs

OshitStandoff gawped at the sudden loss of gravity for several seconds, then got a hold of his calm demeanor again and started...

Whistling.

He wasn't being morbid or nasty. He was just thanking whatever higher power there was that he hadn't been pitted against either of these ponies.

@,

The dagger hit Mao in the face, cutting his cheek. He stepped back and grimaced in pain, taking his concentration away from everything. And then her plan came into action. The many thoughts of the crowd echoed everywhere. Thousands of thoughts being thought at once. Mao gripped his head and fell to the ground, just wanting it to stop. It didn't. 

Radio grimaced at the downed pony and sighed. She used his own blood to form iron manacles around his hooves and stepped on his stomach. She waited for the ref to count down the time to his loss. It was pretty obvious to her that he couldn't take the entirety of the crowd's thoughts from the squirming he was doing. She levitated her helmet back over her head.

(edited)

Rune Breaker was curled in a fetal position pushed against the top of his own shield, the only thing preventing him from being crushed against it was the small impromptu alchemy circle at his feet. His horn was still glowing as fierce as before feeding magic down (or was it now up?) into the arena.  'AH My head is ripping apart, it's never hurt this bad... I-I ah make it stop!  My horn is going to shatter...'  'Give in.  Break down.  Let me take over. You are weak.'  'No! I'll restore the kernel!  I'll still win.  It's just a feedback, a burp.  As long as I fix it before the switch back...'

"NOTHING! Don't do anything." Rune screamed his voice cracking, visibly grinding his teeth in agony.  And then for a moment he was weightless, everything in the arena was.  Gravity in that area for that moment seemed to cease to exist.

"Just when I thought I'd seen everything, Rune Breaker seems to have caused a temporary loss of gravity!" Topaz said. "I'm glad I'm not in that stadium! You fans better hang onto your seats!"

@,

The dagger hit Mao in the face, cutting his cheek. He stepped back and grimaced in pain, taking his concentration away from everything. And then her plan came into action. The many thoughts of the crowd echoed everywhere. Thousands of thoughts being thought at once. Mao gripped his head and fell to the ground, just wanting it to stop. It didn't. 

The ref ran up next to Mao. "Okay," She said. "I'm taking a ten count! ONE! ...TWO!"

"Awww! Not another Ten-count!" Topaz said. "We've already seen two other fighters leave the ring without the chance to inflict death on someone! Are the preliminaries going to end with only one casualty?"

Edited by Topaz

(edited)

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint watched as gravity disappeared in the arena. "If he loses control... he's already lost."

Swordpoint observed Rune floating in the middle of the arena. "Can you control it?! If not, dispel it! You'll never escape the pull if you can't restore your control!"

His lungs still hurt with every breath. The use of magic was beginning to take a toll on him physically. Guh... I can still fight... but if I must continue to use magic, the stress will be too great.

Edited by Justin_ZW

(edited)

@,

Rune Breaker was now squirming in mid air, his horn strobing magic brusts and legs turning in the empty air.  "I know that! I already lost control, your magic corroded my magic signiture!  It doesn't recogize me so I can't control it or dispel it,  it's supposed to act like a lock and key but you filled the keyhole with glue!  I don't know if it will ever stop."  'Time to fall pony.'  Runes eyes went wide, pulling his legs underneath himself.  "Shit." was all he could say solemly.

The air all around the staduim rushed towards the ring creating a powerful gust.  Trash, food and other debris blown loss road the wind to the edge of the arena where they immedaitely slammed flat.  Rune Breaker descended slowly the mini circle beneath him blindingly bright, landing on his feet and obviously coming under a great amount of stress.  He was struggling to stay upright even in the protection it provided.  'Not enough you are never enough.' Then the small circle flickered and in that instant his legs buckled unnaturally and he let out a screaming howl of pain collapsing to the ground.

Now on the ground he struggled to keep his head raised still pouring out his magic.  The protective runes flickered again, drawing another scream from him and slamming his head to the dirt.  He puffed a hard breath into it.  The protection suddenly disappeared his horn gave one final flare, intensely bright.  The cracks in it expanding slightly, a small chip of it even blasting lose in the pulse.  Then the aura around it faded and Rune breaker laid completely still in not even a scream escaped him.

Edited by Fivefs

@,

Rune Breaker was now squirming in mid air, his horn strobing magic brusts and legs turning in the empty air.  "I know that! I already lost control, your magic corroded my magic signiture!  It doesn't recogize me so I can't control it or dispel it,  it's supposed to act like a lock and key but you filled the keyhole with glue!  I don't know if it will ever stop."  'Time to fall pony.'  Runes eyes went wide, pulling his legs underneath himself.  "Shit." was all he could say solemly.

The air all around the staduim rushed towards the ring creating a powerful gust.  Trash, food and other debris blown loss road the wind to the edge of the arena where they immedaitely slammed flat.  Rune Breaker descended slowly the mini circle beneath him blindingly bright, landing on his feet and obviously coming under a great amount of stress.  He was struggling to stay upright even in the protection it provided.  'Not enough you are never enough.' Then the small circle flickered and in that instant his legs buckled unnaturally and he let out a screaming howl of pain collapsing to the ground.

Now on the ground he struggled to keep his head raised still pouring out his magic.  The protective runes flickered again, drawing another scream from him and slamming his head to the dirt.  He puffed a hard breath into it.  The protection suddenly disappeared his horn gave one final flare, intensely bright.  The cracks in it expanding slightly, a small chip of it even blasting lose in the pulse.  Then the aura around it faded and Rune breaker laid completely still in not even a scream escaped him.

The ref ran over to Rune Breaker's silent body. "Um... Okay, I think I should do a ten count." He announced. "ONE... TWO..."

"I've seen enough fight's to know when a ten-count isn't necessary." Topaz said. "There's no way Rune Breaker is waking up from that!" She sighed, "looks like we're having another competitor slipping away with a ten count!"

"BOO!" The crowd cried.

"Hey, Swordpoint, do us a huge favor and make sure he's dead!"

@@Fivefs, @

The irreverent and bloodthirsty spectators angered Swordpoint. He could see Rune Breaker breathing, but the immense force of the runes would change that soon if he did nothing. No. Not if I can help it.

Swordpoint once again forced magical energy into his wings, which he released with another popping sound. Using the spell, he teleported Rune just outside the circle. Swordpoint fell to his knees again. The pain in his lungs intensified, and he found it hard to breathe.

"R-Rune..." he coughed, "Are you alive?"

Crimson watched the battle in shock, "HOLY SHIT!" He exclaimed. Crimson had just entered the room, and saw the fight on the monitor, he quickly rushed to it just in time to see runebreakers last spell, then collapse, "DAMN THIS ISNT GOOD!" Yelled crimson as he rushed out the door to go to the infirmery, "no doubt about it, he lost, and he should be here in a minute or so, I hope he's alright!" Thought crimson, who then scolded silently for being sentimental again, "ive gotta work on being an asshole more." Thought crimson before he finally entered the infermery.

@@Fivefs, @

The irreverent and bloodthirsty spectators angered Swordpoint. He could see Rune Breaker breathing, but the immense force of the runes would change that soon if he did nothing. No. Not if I can help it.

Swordpoint once again forced magical energy into his wings, which he released with another popping sound. Using the spell, he teleported Rune just outside the circle. Swordpoint fell to his knees again. The pain in his lungs intensified, and he found it hard to breathe.

"R-Rune..." he coughed, "Are you alive?"

"Now it looks like Swordpoint has taken his opponent out of the ring in order to nurse him!" Topaz said in shock. "Has the strain of battle driven him insane!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING?!"

"GET BACK IN THE RING, SWORDPOINT!"

"Wow..." The ref said quietly. "That's tough to call..."