Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament (FULL!)

Literally Snails

@,

Fool, You're not worthy of it anyway." Silver spat. The tornado in his hoof slowly vanished into little wisps of wind; and then nothing.

The pegasus then walked over to Terrorite to check up on her. "Hey! You ok?" Silver asked concern before he yawned from his drowsiness.

@@aRegularPony

Knightfall felt Rune Breaker stirring and was force to calm his loud thoughts toward Mao.  He sent one last message, 'Hmmph... Bah!  Stupid slug won't wake up fine.  Just remember this mind reader, you'll hear from me again, when that happens you will answer me.  It will be one hoof beat for yes and two for no, I will here you and we will converse as such.'

@,

Rune Breaker shifted restlessly something was bugging him and he couldn't remember what.  'Couldn't Remember' he jolted awake sitting in the infirmary.  He could hear Knightfall rumbling quietly in the back of his mind he couldn't understand what though.  He noticed the note on his chest and reading it got up went the mirror examining his horn.  He smiled the pegasus was right most of the damage from the fight was undone.

Thinking of Swordpoint made his heart sink, distantly he swore he could hear Knightfall laugh.  He looked sadly at the pegasus soundly asleep in the nearby cot.  It was a terrible curse that had been put upon him, though still it was a slow one.  He had a year at least probably more.  'We'll find a way to break it, I promise.'  He swore Knightfall laughed again, his voice came weak barely existent in Rune's head, 'You know how wards work worm, you know no one can fake that magic.  There is no saving him.'

Rune gave a soft and sad sigh as he looked down at Swordpoint once more, 'I know you want an explanation as soon as possible but you need to sleep.  The knowledge would only weigh you down tonight and you need all your strength for the fight tomorrow.  I'll tell you in the morning.  Sleep well my brother born of battle.'  Rune Breaker turned and left the room.

He made his way through the stadium and then through the contestants lounge, he walked through the gladiators gate into the 3rd arena.  He stopped and stared at it, the alchemy circle was still glowing gently.  He took a deep breath preparing himself and gathering his strength, he had a great deal of work to do and it was going to be a long night.

@ragestar "I see..." Artemis said quietly. "I guess I'll have to give up although I really enjoyed this fight..." Artemis thought. Artemis let Crimson kick her. "I really enjoyed this fight. Also, good luck in fulfilling your promises." Artemis said on the ground.

Crimson landed on his hoovs gracefully next to artemis as she hit the ground, he the turned to look at her and gave a relieved smile, "thanks.....I like you, so I'm glad I didn't have to kill you....." said crimson with a relieved sigh, as he picked up helios and threw on his hat and cloak, and began to walk toward the exit while dodging trash, and bricks and other heavy objects, but he didn't care, he just smiled to himself, "i should probably get my wounds treated and get to that hotel to get some sleep....thank celestia I didn't have to kill artemis.....maybe I'll fight her again somday..." thought crimson as he quickly made his way to the infermery.

Lite had watched the final match cease, smirking to herself.

Let's review... My next match is the first one of tomorrow... Against one named Standoff... Sadly, I couldn't see what type of arsenal he holds as of now... I just hope it's magic. Because I'm wanting a challenge instead of someone with a silly little weapon... Something that the Creepers can actually have a fight with... But enough of this... I must get my sleep.

And that's what Lite did, by going to the hotel and finally getting to sleep...

Cosmo smiled at the result of the last match. He finished meditating and came up just in time. "Crimson Grin... Another reason to finish my heat immunity spell... Even if it isn't as good as the first," Cosmo thought, careful not to even think about his idea, just in case somebody was reading minds nearby.

Cosmo glanced over and saw his target. Lite Shade seemed pleased with either the result or simply the end if the first round. She also seemed eager to continue, "Aren't we all..." Cosmo confessed silently, "Except maybe Goldre... But her other half seems to make up for that... I don't have any connection to her so I won't be holding back again like I did with Dreams." As he thought this, Cosmo could feel Altiar, still "happy" to be on Cosmo. "Well, I need to sleep."

@Lady Rainicorn

Terrorite frowned. Why hadn't Standoff attempted to behead her? It was going to be really funny. The effort from healing wiped away ¼ of her orange stripe in her tail.

"I'll be fine, but I don't know if that other pony will.

@baman

The shadow whip curled around one of the chair legs, waiting for Standoff to pass.

'A plague on your life,' read the inscription on the handle. Standoff ran by and it shot between the two chairs, tripping Standoff.

Swordpoint awoke to the bright lights of the infirmary. He glanced at the empty cot where Rune had been. ”Ever the busybody I see.”

His eyes glowed as he tried to track Rune's energy, but he could find no trace of him besides the faint glimmer of the dying runes in the arena. Disgruntled and afraid, he at last gave up and made his way to the exit where his ride to the hotel awaited him.

As crimson left the infermery, now fully healed, he made his way to the hotel room that the tournament had rented for him,, as he was walking, he passed a stressed looking swordpoint, he raised an eyebrow, "wonder what's wrong with him? He doesn't look like the type to panic much...." thought crimson slightly unsettled, after swordpoint was out of sight, a shady looking pony approached him, crimsons eyes narrowed as he got into battle position, "if your a crowdmember who is dissapointed with the results of the last match, and are looking for the complaint department, then please, if you don't want to be cfc (crimson fried chicken) leave now!!" Said crimson, lighting one of his forehoovs on fire and holding it up threateningly. The pony then stopped and looked at crimson in shock, "please, don't hurt me, I'm just here to deliver a letter!!" Said the strange pony in a panicked voice, before quickly pulling out an envelope and holding it out before him hesitently, crimson raised an eyebrow and extinguished his hoof, "who would send me a letter?" Asked crimson, before quickly snatching away the letter, and reading the adress, crimson gasped, WHAT THE BUCK!? its from celestia! Exclaimed crimson in shock, before opening the letter and reading it quickly, "Greetings captain crimson grinn, it has been, quite awhile since I last saw you, how are you enjoying the tournament? I hope that spell you stole from me has been useful to, don't worry I'm not sending this letter as a death sentance, I just want to ask you a favor, you may already know the warrior swordpoint is a contestant in the tournament, and you may also already know that he is a friend of mine, as a favour to repay the spell you stole, I would like for you to try speaking with him, before or during your fight, you may not realize it, but you may be able to benifit in one anoathers goals, you may like him, he is a noble warrior and has suffered just as much as you, maybe even more, but if you can help him achieve his goal somehow, then I will consider your debt repaid, signed, princess celestia." Crimson raised an eyebrow, "whats his goal? And how can he possibly help revive my sister?" Asked crimson exasperated, he then quickly flipped the note over, P.S. if you would like more detailed answers from me, then ask sworoint, he has the means to contact me. Crimson sighed and quickly tucked the letter away under his cloak, "I guess ide better find that swordpoint guy at the hotel, but first I need to get some rest..." said crimson, before quickly making his way towards the hotel.

((Sorry if that was uncalled for with me mentioning swordpoint in crimsons story like this, its just that since both characters are connected to celestia and are about to fight and interact anyways, so I thought, why not give him a reason to speak to him?))

@

Swordpoint glanced behind himself. He saw no one, but he felt somepony watching him. That energy... It must surely be Crimson. I wonder if he will remember me... I suppose that the royal guardians are not as widely known, but given his status with Celestia, it is possible he might.

"I know you are there, Crimson. I am displeased to see you here.' Swordpoint wheeled around. "Come out and face me. I trust that you would not be prone to such violence." He stared intently at the entrance to the building. 

Crimson chuckled goodnaturedly as he emerged from the hotel entryway and approached swordpoint with a grinn, "do you really think that somone like me would be an assasin or a spy? I mean seriously, look at me, you won't have to worry about me attacking you...well at least until our match anyway, so.....you know celestia I take it? Becouse from this letter she sent me, she sure knows you, she also says your a good warrior that may be able to help me with a problem I have.....is she telling the truth?" Asked crimson suspiciously eyeing swordpoint.

@,@, @, @@TheBreech, @@Umbreon, @,

(Sorry to interrupt, but we're having a time laps to the next day. You are all in the tournament lobby again.)

"Alright fans!" Topaz said with zeal. "We've finally gotten past the first rounds! It's eight down and seven to go as we move on to the second round of the Dark Tournament!"

"These fights had better be better than the first rounds!" an audience member demanded.

"Yeah! We came here to see someone die, not dropout!"

"Um... if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure Roto's dead..."

The audience began throwing more trash into Topaz's booth... again.

"Standoff and Lite Shade, report to the first arena floor."

Standoff grinned and raised his hooves. "Wish me luck, everypony! Hope I'll come back in one piece!" As he started walking to the arena, he conversed with Red. Remind me again what I'm supposed to do? Confuse, bother, and infuriate. Basically the same stuff you already do. Hey.

Standoff entered the arena and started working the crowd. "Hey, everypony! Remember me? The first round's ONLY KILLER?" @,

(edited)

"Hmm..." Silver sighed from the audience seats. He sat alone because none of the other audience members would sit next to him. If any of them had the guts to get in his face, he would simply blow them away with a hurricane hoof.

Silver eyed Standoff as he appeared on the arena. "NOPONY FREAKIN CARES YOU BUM!" Silver shouted angrily back at him.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

The audience seemed to react positively when Standoff walked on the stage.

"You got this Standoff!"

"Yeah, we're with you all the way!"

"KILL THAT BITCH, STANDOFF!"

They began to systematically chant his name. "Standoff! Standoff! STANDOFF! STANDOFF!"

@, A Griffon, a mule, and a particularly rough looking male unicorn walked beside Silver Storm's seat and stopped in front of him, blocking his view.

"Well, if it ain't the biggest loser of the tournament!" The griffon said. "As far as we're concerned, you should already be dead, and now, you're sitting in OUR seat. It ain't free to come here, kid, and we paid for our tickets! Get the hell off my seat, sleepy head!"

@[/b],

Lite just simply rolled her eyes as she walked to the other side of the ring, ignoring the commotion that her opponent was causing. She just simply stared at her opponent.

"Cute. The round's only killer, but the first killed in this round... I let it up easy on Nightfall. But, don't think you're getting the same treatment, darling...", she called out, her usual smirk across her face.

Lite just simply rolled her eyes as she walked to the other side of the ring, ignoring the commotion that her opponent was causing. She just simply stared at her opponent.

"Cute. The round's only killer, but the first killed in this round... I let it up easy on Nightfall. But, don't think you're getting the same treatment, darling...", she called out, her usual smirk across her face.

"Boo!"

"SHUT HER UP, STANDOFF!"

"Kill her!"

The audience began a different chant. "Kill Lite Shade! Kill Lite Shade! Kill Lite Shade! KILL LITE SHADE!"

"Well, this is a tad creepy..." Topaz said. "It's almost like they've rehearsed this!"

The Blue Pegasus ref looked over both fighters. "Okay, on my signal... and... BEGIN!"

@,

Silver looked at the aggressive looking trio in his way. "Well I don't see any of you competing, why should I even care for your opinions?" He asked nonchalantly. He proceeded to get up and walk over to another free seat. He wasn't in the mood for unnecessary confrontations yet.

@@Umbreon, As the round started, Red silently slipped into Lite Shade's head and started sifting through her subconscious, looking for something to slap on the front burner and distract her.

Standoff planted his back hoof and looked at Lite. "What a way to start a morning, eh? Man oh man. I guess I should count myself lucky that Roto was a lousy fighter. Remind me, did Nightfall even land a hit on you?"

@@Umbreon, As the round started, Red silently slipped into Lite Shade's head and started sifting through her subconscious, looking for something to slap on the front burner and distract her.

Standoff planted his back hoof and looked at Lite. "What a way to start a morning, eh? Man oh man. I guess I should count myself lucky that Roto was a lousy fighter. Remind me, did Nightfall even land a hit on you?"

Immediately, a creeper was going through her subconscious as well, managing to stop Red before they were able to delve deeper. The creeper began to scream out, ear-splitting, but to where only Red could hear it. "GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!"

Meanwhile, Lite was simply enjoying the small talk. "Not even a scratch, darling..."

@@UmbreonShut up, you infernal thing! Hello, Lite. I'm the new voice in your head. Just stand by a moment, I'm going to go get somthing. Red went back to the subconscious and grabbed something at random and looked at it. Ooh, look what I found. Not wasting time, he stuck it onto the part of Lite's brain controlling her sight, and waited.

@

Rune Breaker sat just before the center of arena 3 the runes and circle from the last fight were gone. He was in a semi-asleep somewhat mediative state. He hadn't slept last night, he had been working on the ring all night, all that was left was a simple sustained magic flow to keep improving it. The cheers from the 1st arena distracted him briefly, he glanced around figuring out where it was coming from. He had dark bags under his bloodshot eyes but he'd keep working till someone made him stop. He wanted to sleep; he was weak again but it didn't bother him last night and the magic had been for a good cause. It wouldn't be long before Swordpoint came back and then had to fight again. For now he closed his eyes focus his magic into the spot in front of him again.

@@UmbreonShut up, you infernal thing! Hello, Lite. I'm the new voice in your head. Just stand by a moment, I'm going to go get somthing. Red went back to the subconscious and grabbed something at random and looked at it. Ooh, look what I found. Not wasting time, he stuck it onto the part of Lite's brain controlling her sight, and waited.

Just before Lite was about to go up for an attack, she stopped and blinked. And blinked again. And blinked a third time. M-my sight... What has happened? Is he really trying his best for this?

"Oh, Standoff... I know what you're trying to do... Impair me visually. Cute. Very, very cute. However, there's one slight problem... The sun is out."

The ref glanced at both fighters. To her, it appeared as if nothing at all had happened since the fight had started. "Okay, you two can start fighting at any time now!" She said, "Action, You two!"

"This is REDICULOUS!" The audience complained.

"Start the fight, Standoff! I'm tired of waiting!"

Midnight looked at the televisions, laying on a couch.  She saw one match was just about to start.  She remembered how scary it was to verse Wind Slicer.  "That pegasus was mad.  I wonder what my next opponent will be like" She said aloud to herself.  She looked around and saw a hairbrush.  Her horn lit up a neon blue and started brushing her mangled hair.  She looked at her back right leg.  Midnight forgot when she got into the waiting room they took her knives away.