Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help naming my "ever-so original" OC

Mio Akiyama

(edited)

Ok so basically all you need to know is that my newest OC is an earth pony who plays a guitar and loves punk, post-hardcore(metal with punk roots), and anything along those lines. Now I'm very bad of thinking of names so I'm asking you guys to help me name him. And if you wanna know what his cutie mark is, it's a fan-made symbol for a band called Sleeping With Sirens.

post-14409-0-16174400-1368048545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr_Jack_Swallow
  • Brohoof 2

I think "Riff", "Distort", "Thrash", or "Grunge" are good, fitting names.

Those are the only words I know of that relate to electric guitars the Hardcore genre.

• Brohoof 3

Ok so basically all you need to know is that my newest OC is an earth pony who plays a guitar and loves punk, post-hardcore(metal with punk roots), and anything along those lines. Now I'm very bad of thinking of names so I'm asking you guys to help me name him. And if you wanna know what his cutie mark is, it's a fan-made symbol for a band called Sleeping With Sirens.

Cool new OC! Uhm....that's a toughy. I really like his design and cutie mark, but coming up with a name for him is hard! I suggest using this: http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/take.php?id=14459#.UYrvuaKsiSo

Which has helped me a couple times, but isn't that reliable and clever a source. Just a start, you know. And for what it's worth, all I think of when I look at him is "Black Rock" for some reason.sleep.png  Anyways, good luck! 

• Brohoof 1

It's not an Alicorn.

It isn't black with red eyes and a red mane.

That's original in my book.

Bonus points for making an Earth Pony OC, they're kinda rare.

As for what to name him, I wouldn't have a clue as I don't really get into music that much. I just listen to what I like no matter what genre it is (I know, I'm a filthy casual :P). However, I will try my best and probably embarrass myself in the process.

• Peter the Punk
  • Electric Strings
  • Riffs

That's all I've got I'm afraid. Good luck!

• Brohoof 1

Well to be fair your "totally original OC" is an earth pony, which is alot more rare generally, so it is actually kinda original in a way :P.

Anyways as for names.. Maybe something like Electric strings? Or Iron strings? Or Metal strings?

Or maybe literally just Punk? meh thats an odd name.

Maybe metal strum?

I'm not very good at names either to be honest, but i'm trying my best. hehe.

• Brohoof 2

Actually a name with "strings" in it was a brilliant idea! I also remembered a name of a guy from another band, Vic. So my final thought is Vic Metalstrings(also inspired by Lyra Heartstrings' name). Thanks to all who posted, you all are the best! Brohoof to all! /)