Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow dash videogame?

~Sole~

A little while ago i found a topic that discussed weather a rainbow dash spinoff series wolud be successful. I was suprised by the answers, almost everyone said no. I admit it might not be as good if it were just about dash, but I had a different idea. The main complaint is that it would quickly get boring, so what if they made a videogame instead? I'm talking about a quality made game with actual effort, unlike most cartoon to game transitions. Would it be good? I personally think dash would make a great videogame character, what are your opinions?

Now for a somewhat long post from a person who think's they know what they are talking about :3

Well, lets try to design a game without changing Rainbowdash's character or personality and only using what is canon.

Rainbowdash has a tomboyish personality, so the 2 genre's I could come up with that would complement that was action or racing. You could do adventure, but I don't see Rainbowdash as the adverture-yy type. (You could get away with it by combining action and adventure, but doing adventure alone would not work well with her personality).

Rainbowdash is a pegasus, so it would only make sense for the main focus of the game to be flying. In a racing game, this would work extraordinarily well. For action/adventure, a flying based gameplay could clearly be done, I just personally don't know how. 

Rainbowdash is all about speed, and once again, racing would go well with this since the point of a racing game is to cross finish first (unless its a finish last kind of thing...which is kinda..what?)

For an action game, this means that the gameplay has to be fast pace which for an action game would be easy, but I couldn't see an adventure game working with this. If an adventure game is fast pace, it kinda defeats the purpose of it (especially if there's a story).

If the above was met, then yes it would be a fun game. (As long as..you know...everything else with the game was good..)

However, now you are limited to the type and kind of game you can make. (Unless...of course you wanted to use fanon stuff)

• Brohoof 1

Now for a somewhat long post from a person who think's they know what they are talking about :3

Well, lets try to design a game without changing Rainbowdash's character or personality and only using what is canon.

Rainbowdash has a tomboyish personality, so the 2 genre's I could come up with that would complement that was action or racing. You could do adventure, but I don't see Rainbowdash as the adverture-yy type. (You could get away with it by combining action and adventure, but doing adventure alone would not work well with her personality).

Rainbowdash is a pegasus, so it would only make sense for the main focus of the game to be flying. In a racing game, this would work extraordinarily well. For action/adventure, a flying based gameplay could clearly be done, I just personally don't know how. 

Rainbowdash is all about speed, and once again, racing would go well with this since the point of a racing game is to cross finish first (unless its a finish last kind of thing...which is kinda..what?)

For an action game, this means that the gameplay has to be fast pace which for an action game would be easy, but I couldn't see an adventure game working with this. If an adventure game is fast pace, it kinda defeats the purpose of it (especially if there's a story).

If the above was met, then yes it would be a fun game. (As long as..you know...everything else with the game was good..)

However, now you are limited to the type and kind of game you can make. (Unless...of course you wanted to use fanon stuff)

interesting, I was kind of thinking of a combo of sonic and star fox gameplay. Like you can fight enemies while trying to race. And personally, adventure could work in my opinion. If you made it like gta, that could be cool.