Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it weird that I'm making a MLP religion to worship both Luna and Celestia. I'm being 100% legit. I already have a lot of things in mind. I just wanted to know if anyone took a interest in it. lol

• Brohoof 9

There is already this fan project named the "Church of the Divine Celestial Goddesses." It is a satirical holy book based both on the show and real life events. It's currently in progress, you can check out the thread in /mlp/

If you really are interested in making your own holy book, better be ready to compete with hundreds of zealot Celestia supporters out there.

• Brohoof 4

Well i have to admit that worshiping cartoon charators is a little odd

But the lessons of honesty ,freindship ect. Are pretty much the same as other religions so go for it

• Brohoof 3

Does it still count as a religion if your followers don't actually believe the gods they worship exist? I mean, not only would you have to write a holy book, you'd also have to promote your church, and get a group of people together that agree on how things should be ran. At best, it would be like IRL "jedi" but I suppose that really is what you'd want anyway. :P

• Brohoof 1

There is already this fan project named the "Church of the Divine Celestial Goddesses."

tumblr_m17ybqxp5n1qiwc5qo1_500.jpg 

anyways i disagree with a religion based around a show. 

there are already the criticisms of religion than there are creepy things like a religion based on a show

• Brohoof 4

I'm as ready to find a way into tax-exempt status as the next guy, but I don't think MLP needs a religion based around it.  There's too many religions as it is.

• Brohoof 4

There is already this fan project named the "Church of the Divine Celestial Goddesses." It is a satirical holy book based both on the show and real life events. It's currently in progress, you can check out the thread in /mlp/

If you really are interested in making your own holy book, better be ready to compete with hundreds of zealot Celestia supporters out there.

Really theres already a religion. Do you have a link for it. If so please post because I couldn't find anything when I searched it on google.

(edited)

I think it's not so much a religion, as it is a cop out so the characters don't swear or something.  There is a history before Celestia and Luna, and it's not like we now hear "oh dear sweet Luna!" now that Luna is back to doing what she did before she was banished...

Either that it's a cult...but I think it's more of the former than the latter...

Oh dear Sweet Celestia, the end is neigh! derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by Treble Bolt

I would love there to be an MLP religion but I would love it if we could worship Cadance aswell because you know she is just as important because she is the princess of love

(edited)

that was probably the scariest thing I've seen from this forum....blink.png

That is so messed up!!!!

How in the world did that commercial sell PS3's? 

And how in the world does this fit into the religion context?

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

thats certainly... uh.. interesting, its a show about ponies and how cool friendship is, i dont see how you can fabricate a religion out of that..... but good luck! 

thats certainly... uh.. interesting, its a show about ponies and how cool friendship is, i dont see how you can fabricate a religion out of that..... but good luck! 

I don't know if you mean the fan story that's being talked about, or getting religious symbolism out of the show, or crazy people wanting to start a cult IRL because of the show?

I was talking about the religious symbolism...that's what I assume this topic is about...

This sounds like a clever idea, it is sort of like that episode of 'Futurama' where 'Star Trek' turns into a religion. (WLESHHHYYY - Reference) but this would be a good sort of idea, but we all know the world were not made by cartoon ponies... :3

Ew, /mlp/. Besides Deviantart, it's got to be the worst hub of the fandom. Nothing but self loathing, elitist, swine who act like they're the sane ones in a sea of idiocy. I was on that board for a long time, and I can tell you they're no better off.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am so interested in worshiping Celestia. 

How can I support this?

I am just the crazy Celestia fanatic for this type of thing.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! This is a dangerous path you are taking for all of us. We all should remember the Futurama episode about the Church of Trek. Don't ruin it for all of us. http://theinfosphere.org/Church_of_Trek

We don't want a Pony War to occur that could destroy us all.

Edited by Conbon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Ew, /mlp/. Besides Deviantart, it's got to be the worst hub of the fandom. Nothing but self loathing, elitist, swine who act like they're the sane ones in a sea of idiocy. I was on that board for a long time, and I can tell you they're no better off.

hdU8uow.png

Really theres already a religion. Do you have a link for it. If so please post because I couldn't find anything when I searched it on google.

Here you go

Church of the Divine Celestial Goddesses (working title) - Google Drive

Please remember that this is all intended to be a satirical "holy book," so don't expect too much holiness from it. Oh, and the thing is practically WIP right now, it will be changed quite a lot until it's finished.

I am so interested in worshiping Celestia.

How can I support this?

Well, you can always go to the hub thread and start churning out new chapters, or you can go and be an editor for the entire thing.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Seems rather silly but hey, whatever makes you happy. Personally I think it's a rather fitting mockery of religion, you're sort of subtly saying 'this is how ridiculous your religion is; you might as well be worshiping fictional ponies'.

Is this for real? Because with people throwing threats at the producers it may no be a good time to go about this. You know... There are some crazy people out there. XD

Before you know there will be crazed bronies declaring charges of heresy because of Equestria Girls.

The Princess Protects. XD

Here you go

Church of the Divine Celestial Goddesses (working title) - Google Drive

Please remember that this is all intended to be a satirical "holy book," so don't expect too much holiness from it. Oh, and the thing is practically WIP right now, it will be changed quite a lot until it's finished.

I just love this fandom! XD

I don't remember Sailor Moon, Rayearth or even freaking Dragonball having holy books. I'm SO using this in my RPG! XD

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I have no issue with this (I find it amusing actually), however let it be known that they aren't real, never have been, and never will be.

And if anyone comes up to me saying that Celestia and Luna are real, I will personally drive them to Lauren Faust's house, and demand that she explain to them the fact that she created them, and that divine inspiration was not involved.

Carry on.

• Brohoof 2