Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official Pony.fm Android App Alpha

Lavo

(edited)

Hey There,

Have you ever wanted an Android Application where you're able to listen to music from Pony.fm easily? Well wonder no more! We've been doing just that!

For the past couple of weeks @Hypereddie and I have been working on just that, an android version of Pony.fm. We are pleased to announce the alpha for it will be available very soon!

When the Alpha launches only the basic features will be available: List of Latest and Popular Tracks, and the ability to play music!

During the course of the alpha we will be improving upon this and adding the ability to search tracks by name or by browsing them as you would on the site, such as browsing by genre or type of song.

The aim for this first alpha test is to get as many features that don’t require you to login working without crashing and to be user friendly. A second Alpha test, which you will automatically receive by being an Alpha Tester, will be to add and test out the ability to log in and perform user operations such as commenting and favouriting a track.

Here's a WIP preview of the application in it's current state.

img-1502092-1-f5432a244e.jpg

How do you become an alpha tester? Simply click here and join the google+ community.

When the alpha is about to begin we will post a link in the Google+ community which will allow you to download the application from the Google Play store.

Thanks for your time and see you around!
~Lavoaster img-1502092-2-laugh.png

Update: The application is now available for download! Once you are in the google+ community you will find a post with more details on how to download it.

If the application crashes make sure to send the crash report to us/google.

Edited by Lavoaster
  • Brohoof 10

Looks amazing so far! Are their any plans of an ios version of the app or are you sticking to android? It would make life so much easier to listen to music through an independent app on my ipad.

• Brohoof 1

Looks amazing so far! Are their any plans of an ios version of the app or are you sticking to android? It would make life so much easier to listen to music through an independent app on my ipad.

Currently there are no solid plans for one. However we are looking at the possibility of creating one but that will have to be after the android application is finished.

• Brohoof 1

yes! this is sick! i would love to test, i have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1.. if it matters 

The device you use does not matter :)

However, we would love to hear feedback from a wide range of screen sizes/devices if possible, so if you haven't already, be sure to join the google+ group if you want to test.

• Brohoof 1

I want to, but then iOS. :(

I don't have any Android devices, so I can't. I will be on the lookout for a Pony.FM iOS app.

Will this app be put on the Amazon App Store or 1 Mobile Market? That should allow us Kindle users to access it easily.

Will this app be put on the Amazon App Store or 1 Mobile Market? That should allow us Kindle users to access it easily.

I don't see why not, although you will have to give us some time while we review the Amazon App store policies and make sure we are compliant.

I want to, but then iOS. sad.png

I don't have any Android devices, so I can't. I will be on the lookout for a Pony.FM iOS app.

That's what you get from using Apple products :V

apple_sucks_by_ramble_17-d5qzdzs.jpg

jk, take no offense.

Seriously though, that's awesome! I have it downloaded now but for some reason nothing happens whenever I press play :(

• Brohoof 1

I have it downloaded now but for some reason nothing happens whenever I press play sad.png

It has to download the track a little before it can play it

(edited)

It has to download the track a little before it can play it

No I've waited like 10 minutes now

shitdoesntwork :L

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

No I've waited like 10 minutes now

shitdoesntwork :L

What phone are you using and what android version does it have?

What phone are you using and what android version does it have?

Sony Xperia S LT26i

Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich C:

• 2 weeks later...

This is what it looks like for me. It won't play even after I wait a while and if you move the seek bar, it shows random times. When you go back to the song listing, it shows what looks to be a loading bar beneath the title, but it doesn't do anything. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim with Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and Pony.fm version 0.0.2 - Alpha.

post-37-0-77429900-1372055399_thumb.pngpost-37-0-15314700-1372055421_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

This is what it looks like for me. It won't play even after I wait a while and if you move the seek bar, it shows random times. When you go back to the song listing, it shows what looks to be a loading bar beneath the title, but it doesn't do anything. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Proclaim with Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) and Pony.fm version 0.0.2 - Alpha.

Yikes! Need to fix that progress bar o.o

Thanks for reporting the bug. The problem seems to be caused by the fact that the buffering in Gingerbread is based upon fixed bytes rather than anything that has to do with the time it takes to play the stream.

An update to fix this bug will be released soon.

attachicon.gifSC20130624-021859.pngattachicon.gifSC20130624-021836.png

As I said in my earlier post, I have the exact same problem. It is very annoying and I hope it gets fixed.

Sounds like an interesting app.
I honestly really love Pony.FM, but my phone has major memory/RAM problems.

My current OS version uses up a ton of memory and RAM, and when my RAM drops below 50MB, the entire phone freezes up.
My phone typically sticks around 70-55MB depending on what I'm doing (usually I only have two or three apps running).
So, how much RAM does this app use?
Specs: HTC Vision w/ Android 4.0.4 ARMv7 Processer rev 1 CPU 367MB max memory