Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the Maximum Character Limit?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Go to solution Solved by Nohbdy,

We know quite well that there's a character minimum based upon which section of the forums you're currently posting but what's the maximum character limit?

A silly question you may be thinking but in the past when I've made topics I found that forums often have a maximum character limit of 5,000 or 10,000. Whenever there's been a limit I've made reserve posts to ensure that important updates are still at the top along with the first post, just in case the first is updated to the point where the limiter inhibits my updates. I have questioned whether or not staff members could move posts around in a topic but more often than not I've been told that it can't be done. 

• Brohoof 2

I did some digging, and found an old thread with the same question. According to Feld0, the maximum character limit is 1,048,576 characters, the equivalent of one megabyte. 

The per-post limit is 1,048,576 characters - or 1 MB, to put it another way. Keep in mind that formatting your text in any way will use up additional characters to store the formatting.
  • Brohoof 7

Kudos to Twilight. Very nice research there, egghead img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png  Since I have zero reason to believe that limit has changed since then, I'm going to assume it's the same, or close to the same. 'A bucking lot', at the end of the day xP Our forum is all about quality, so naturally, we don't really have a limit you're ever going to reach ;)

• Brohoof 4