Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where was Rarity?

Fghik

Just saw the new episode, amazing as usual... +Luna. (Although her personality was a bit different than I expected)

But, the whole time I was looking for my favorite pony, but she wasn't there! Rarity may have been in the background, but

she didn't have any lines or anything!

Nightmare Moon gobbled her up I guess. :P

Edited by Fghik

I think it's like me and my bro. debated...

Think about her character... She's a fashion designer, very elegant and must maintain a lady-like appearance/demeanor. She would likely be criticizing the costumes of children based on their 'dreadful' nature and would likely choose to stay in as opposed to celebrate (Fluttershy was too afraid to come out except when Twilight needed her assistance). Of course I could be wrong, but I think it makes some sense she wouldn't be caught "dead" (heh...) in a zombie outfit. ;)

Off topic, but... Did anyone else think it was nice that Zecora appeared again? :D

Edited by Akaraah

Well she is like the MAIN char. Sometimies Applejack isint there, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash,

Basiacly every char but her xD

I can understand AJ not being in an episode... Nopony loves her... :(

Although I don't recall Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy ever not being in an episode. I could be wrong though, I only look for Rarity :wub:

Making costumes, I assume?

That'd probably be the best explanation, it is the Equestrian equivalent of Halloween after all... Too bad she missed out on the fun...

Rarity's going to see Luna in a later episode and scream or something... Luna will turn back to Nightmare, and gobble Rarity and everybody else up... again.

Think about her character... She's a fashion designer, very elegant and must maintain a lady-like demeanor. She would likely be criticizing the costumes of children based on their 'dreadful' nature and would likely choose to stay in as opposed to celebrate (Fluttershy was too afraid to come out excect when Twilight needed her assistance). Of course I could be wrong, but I think it makes some since she wouldn't be caught 'dead' in a zombie outfit. ;)

Off topic, but... Did anyone else think it was nice that Zecora appeared again? :D

It was super nice. I was wondering what everypony thought of her once she was proven to be nice.

Think about her character... She's a fashion designer, very elegant and must maintain a lady-like appearance/demeanor. She would likely be criticizing the costumes of children based on their 'dreadful' nature and would likely choose to stay in as opposed to celebrate (Fluttershy was too afraid to come out except when Twilight needed her assistance). Of course I could be wrong, but I think it makes some since she wouldn't be caught "dead" (heh...) in a zombie outfit. ;)

The second I saw Zecora again, i just pictured pinkie pie's song :3

I also sort of think she didn't appear because the writers couldn't fit her in properly (blame the 22 minute episode cap). You have to remember even when writing episodes, not everything originally pitched gets featured.

I also sort of think she didn't appear because the writers couldn't fit her in properly (blame the 22 minute episode cap). You have to remember even when writing episodes, not everything originally pitched gets featured.

Yeah but your first explination made alot of sense. I wouldn't imagine rarity dressed up, unless she had a BIG dress.

Rarity and Luna share a voice actress. Luna yelled more than half of her lines in that throat-murderingly loud voice. Script-writers being nice to the actors, perhaps? Love and tolerance can't just be limited to the audience, you gotta practice what you preach. ;)

As for in-universe explanations, I figure Big Macintosh is right. An artist like Rarity wouldn't bypass the chance to work with a new genre.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but your first explination made alot of sense. I wouldn't imagine rarity dressed up, unless she had a BIG dress.

Yeah, it did. Perhaps both reasoning (or just us fans filling the gaps ourselves) are completely viable.

Rarity and Luna share a voice actress. Luna yelled more than half of her lines in that throat-murderingly loud voice. Script-writers being nice to the actors, perhaps? Love and tolerance can't just be limited to the audience, you gotta practice what you preach. ;)

As for in-universe explanations, I figure Big Macintosh is right. An artist like Rarity wouldn't bypass the chance to work with a new genre.

She could be. But I don't know if she'd wear them herself. Anything to make money. But if she did, why wait to make them the night of the celebration? :huh:

That'd seem a tad unhealthy. :unsure:

Yeah, kinda missed Rarity, but that's okay. She'll make up for it next week.

Me too. I kept anticipating her appearance but when the episode closed up, I knew she would not show. But isn't the next episode going to feature her and SweetieBelle? :D

• Brohoof 1

She could be. But I don't know if she'd wear them herself. Anything to make money. But if she did, why wait to make them the night of the celebration? :huh:

Me too. I kept anticipating her appearance but when the episode closed up, I knew she would not show. But isn't the next episode going to feature her and SweetieBelle? :D

Yep. I hear a song coming on.

Yup, can't wait for sisterly interaction.

Yep. I hear a song coming on.

You got a Frienemy?.. (Discord) :0

*Toy Story reference mixed with something Discord said for those who don't know*

Edited by Akaraah

canon reason: she was at sister hooves social

real reason: she shares a voice actress with luna.

I felt Luna sounded sweet when she spoke in a regular voice. Makes me wonder if Celestia has her own built-in audio editing system as well. :)

luna was on

fluttershy is hardly the most demanding voice role. and mos of pinkie's lines were chicken noises.

Yeah, but animal voices could kill your voice just as much as Yelling could. Besides, they don't record an episode a day. It is days of work. So I doubt that Rairty's voice actor didnt do it just because she hurt her voice. It was just an ep without Rarity. They do that alot.

Personally, I think Rarity was giving out candy to trick-or-treatrs at the Boutique. She let Sweetie Bell go out with her friends (I need to watch it again, I can't remember if she had supervision or not. But Ponyville is peaceful, so who knows?), while she passed out candy. She was probably wearing a Vampire costume that she made, and made a costume for Sweetie Bell to match.

Personally, I think Rarity was giving out candy to trick-or-treatrs at the Boutique. She let Sweetie Bell go out with her friends (I need to watch it again, I can't remember if she had supervision or not. But Ponyville is peaceful, so who knows?), while she passed out candy. She was probably wearing a Vampire costume that she made, and made a costume for Sweetie Bell to match.

No, they were following Pinkie Pie. And she would not be trusted to watch over them.