Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first Pony song

Stargazer Nights

(edited)

So guys, I finally threw one together, er slaved over learning how to do this, and am able to listen to the fruits of my labor... Like I said, this is my first pony song, and it's a remix at that... It's also my first full length dubstep song. I would like your opinions and advice on how I can get better with it. Thanks in advance! smile.png

Been Dreaming, Been Waiting [DJ BassClef Remix]

Edited by BassClef

I'm no expert at dub step, but this is good! Keep on doing this stuff, I'm waitin' for your next song biggrin.png

filler filler filler filler filler

Hehe, I see what you did there!

And thank you! I hopefully plan to keep working on it and getting better at the whole style. With practice I should be putting out more professional sounding stuff, hopefully! smile.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nice, and keep it up! I'm into this stuff, more now than ever before, and I cannot wait to see your next song!

Thank you! I will be working on it, and it should be out relatively soon! I will also be posting the song in video form to my youtube shortly! smile.png

Edited by BassClef
  • Brohoof 1

Wow! That sounds amazing! You have some real talent there. c: Keep up the good work! Also, I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you.. I'm not that skilled with dubstep-type music. Haha.

Wow! That sounds amazing! You have some real talent there. c: Keep up the good work! Also, I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you.. I'm not that skilled with dubstep-type music. Haha.

Thank you for the compliment! And it's okay that you have no advice; the compliment is more than appreciated! Good ole' motivation! :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm assuming this a remix of the song of the same name by yourenigma. If not, well then it doesn't really matter. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds pretty good right now.

I'm just boppin along like img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png awwww yeeeahhhh.....  I like how this slowly builds instead of the usual like... staying stagnant until WHAM... it's dubstep time.  It's chillstep unsure.png

I'm assuming this a remix of the song of the same name by yourenigma. If not, well then it doesn't really matter. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds pretty good right now.

Well, no it's a remix of the "At the Gala" song from the show, but only focusing on Rainbow Dash's lyrics of "Been dreamin', I've been waitin'", but I do believe I've heard his remix before. Oh, and thank you for the compliment!

I'm just boppin along like img-1593539-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png awwww yeeeahhhh.....  I like how this slowly builds instead of the usual like... staying stagnant until WHAM... it's dubstep time.  It's chillstep img-1593539-2-unsure.png

Haha, thanks, and yes, I have said how I like to try to experiment... not specifically follow the standards, I suppose... if that's what I succeeded in doing. haha.

• Brohoof 1

Well, no it's a remix of the "At the Gala" song from the show, but only focusing on Rainbow Dash's lyrics of "Been dreamin', I've been waitin'", but I do believe I've heard his remix before. Oh, and thank you for the compliment!

Haha, thanks, and yes, I have said how I like to try to experiment... not specifically follow the standards, I suppose... if that's what I succeeded in doing. haha.

I'm the same way my friend, I do a mixture of glam rock with grunge and other elements, it's kind of like The Beatles and Bowie and Prince jumbled up together.  But one thing I don't like about alot of dubstep is it's too predictable, you know it's gonna ride on some soft chill kind of loop and then suddenly turn into dubstep with the typical "wub wub wub" sounds and all that, this was neat cause it evolved much more fluidly so yeah! Great job on innovating!

(edited)

I'm the same way my friend, I do a mixture of glam rock with grunge and other elements, it's kind of like The Beatles and Bowie and Prince jumbled up together.  But one thing I don't like about alot of dubstep is it's too predictable, you know it's gonna ride on some soft chill kind of loop and then suddenly turn into dubstep with the typical "wub wub wub" sounds and all that, this was neat cause it evolved much more fluidly so yeah! Great job on innovating!

Wow, this comment actually means a lot to me. In a ring where there are so many artists out there making it big, and I'm just down here... this comment means a lot. Thank you. I appreciate it. I hope to keep working on it, so be on the look out for my new song which is in the works now. img-1593755-1-smile.png Like I promised, the video is going to soon be up on youtube here:

Been Dreamin', Been waitin' [bassClef Remx]

Edit: It's uploaded and ready to view now!

Edited by BassClef

OMG this is soooooo awesome!!!!

What software and vst did you use to make it? I hope to see much more from you in the future. Everytime i try to make the wubs it sounds like a broken blender 

post-17248-0-99266100-1372278469.jpg

OMG this is soooooo awesome!!!!

What software and vst did you use to make it? I hope to see much more from you in the future. Everytime i try to make the wubs it sounds like a broken blender

Thank you so much for the compliment!

Well I use FL Studio. I just recently went from version 10 to 11, and the main VST's I used in this are Massive, Harmless, Sytrus, and a few channel editors like Effectrix and Ohmicide.

Liking your works, you're good at what you do, now keep at it. As someone mentioned before, this is better to be called Chillstep...doesn't change the fact that it's great though.

can I be the one guy that hates your music...

nah just kidin' around its amazing for someone to pick up the skills so fastimg-1617261-1-happy.png

also... I was woundering if you could fandub this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6xRSafBV8o

Haha, thank you for the kindly compliments! And I will definitely take a look at that song later in my spare time!

Liking your works, you're good at what you do, now keep at it. As someone mentioned before, this is better to be called Chillstep...doesn't change the fact that it's great though.

Haha, alright... Genre names get so complicated, I've almost given up trying to categorize what I make.. but nevertheless I will most definitely continue working and learning... I love making music, and being a traditional musician first, I love to apply concepts I pick up on my instruments to my digital stuff.. Once again, though, thanks for the compliments guys! It means a lot! smile.png

• Brohoof 1

Haha, alright... Genre names get so complicated, I've almost given up trying to categorize what I make.. but nevertheless I will most definitely continue working and learning... I love making music, and being a traditional musician first, I love to apply concepts I pick up on my instruments to my digital stuff.. Once again, though, thanks for the compliments guys! It means a lot!

Glad to throw in my two bits, but also glad to see that some people can make good music. Also, if you ever need a vocalist, I'll be glad to share mine. c:

Glad to throw in my two bits, but also glad to see that some people can make good music. Also, if you ever need a vocalist, I'll be glad to share mine. c:

You know, that's funny, because I really have been interested in trying to do some lyrical stuff lately... I mean I still would have to get some lyrics written, but if I can, or, of course if you have any, I'd love to hear what you can offer!

You know, that's funny, because I really have been interested in trying to do some lyrical stuff lately... I mean I still would have to get some lyrics written, but if I can, or, of course if you have any, I'd love to hear what you can offer!

I'm not much for writing, but I can sing if you put lyrics in front of me and give me a rhythm. Anytime you need it, I will offer the best I can. My issue is finding some okay recording software and hardware. :s

I'm not much for writing, but I can sing if you put lyrics in front of me and give me a rhythm. Anytime you need it, I will offer the best I can. My issue is finding some okay recording software and hardware. :s

Oh, I know those feelings. The best I was able to purchase to date is some Logitech mic for 20 bucks off amazon.. but yeah, I will definitely get to writing! And I'll message you or something when I got something down, and I'll figure some way of sending you the track as well!

• Brohoof 1

Righto then, good to hear, I look forward to doing some work. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing, and I'm sure that there will be no trouble with any tracks you release.