Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper II: Kingdom of Darkness

BlackShardNixium

@@ActFast231, "Once again, it is personal opinion. It might be a little tight, though." He opened the hoofblades and fitted them around the armor, then snapped it shut. The blades sprang out of the gauntlet, appearing at first glance to be coming out of the hooves themselves. "They will retract automatically while they are unattached, or you have all four hooves down. Feel free to use these next few minutes to mess around with them, while I examine the training equipment they have provided for us."

@,

Nexus returned to standing on all fours, and extended out his hoof claws. The sparked to life, electricity coursing through them. He brought his right hoof up, and the blade sprang out. It was the a considerable length, and it took a few minutes for Nexus to become comfortable with the weight it brought. He then decided to experiment. He got on his hindlegs, and both blades were out now. He interlocked his claws, which in turn caused the blades to cross as well. He first showed this claw trick to Acheron back at the university, and he was about to experiment to see if he could expand it.

"Here's an interesting trick that my dad showed me." Nexus called in the general direction of his trainer.

He focused the enchantment, and the lightning turned a vivid red. Instead of arching out to make the desired shape, the lightning traveled along the blades. Soon, both swords were coursing with the red electricity, quite visibly two. Focusing on channeling it inward. Lightning on both sides arced out towards the center, and upon meeting, formed a static heart the size of the hunters head-helmet and all. A soft red glow came from the center, lighting the area around him. Nexus grinned at his success, staring through the electric heart.

I will give you one guess what he saw on the other side.

(Man that got corny in a hurry  :o)

((@@ActFast231, Sorry. no guesses for you.))

Solar Flare turned and, after a flash of an amazed expression, grinned. "Excellent."

@@rolle@, @@Psych Ward, Moon Crypt smiled. "Excellent! And when Klarix is done, she can join us." He smiled before casting a spell directed at all weapons and armor. "There. Now everything in this room for the next three hours will chop up everything except for the other weapons, the armor, and the ponies wearing the armor." He smiled. "Have fun. I'll be back in about three minutes. I'm going to go check that the others are settled, and then I will start the actual training."

((Alright. everypony above, choose thy curriculum. I need to teach you character something, and I know not what to teach.))

@, Garrison staggered, the  righted himself. "Better. It didn't work because we are something like two and a half times your size, but it'd do good on a smaller opponent. Now that that's out of the way, you can choose what you'd like to work on next, or you can let us pick something."

@,

(Ever have that post where you have a general idea but things quickly spiral out of control?)

Nexus freed his claws from each other, causing the form to dissipate and the lightning to return to a blue color. Electricity still corsed through the dual blades, as well as the claws.

"Looks like I can extend my enchantments to any other weapons or equipment I acquire. Good to know." Nexus got back on all four, the blades retracting and the claws folding up.

"Interesting story behind that trick. My father taught it to me, and he apparently learned it from a co-worker to use in his proposal to my mother. Wonder who it was that taught him that?" He pondered aloud. He made sure not to get to lost in thought, as he needed to focus on the task at hand.

• Brohoof 1

Garrison staggered, the  righted himself. "Better."

"Yeah!! How's THAT for ya now, teacher!?" Lume boasted - accidentally - upon hearing Garrison's approval, throwing her hooves up in the air in a taunting manner. She blushed and shrank immediately afterwards, realizing she was being immature. "S-sorry... I mean... Thanks. T-that's what I meant: thanks."

She just couldn't help it. Not only was she excited for landing the punch right - even though she still wondered how did it work after all -, but it felt so good to see Red and his partner's ogre-like mutation staggering after her attack. She felt like a real champion for a few seconds there. However, with the embarrassing moment gone, the training should continue.

"Now that that's out of the way, you can choose what you'd like to work on next, or you can let us pick something."

The earth mare thought for a second. What did she need to learn about? What were the steps she needed to follow? She glanced over at Nexus and saw him performing some kind of trick with a pair of blades. They, and even Nexus himself, were surrounded by a bright red glow and electricity. Lume's eyes sparkled as she witnessed the scene. Then, she turned back to Garrison.

"Um... How to handle a sword, perhaps?" She suggested.

@"Okay. Maybe you should start with a knife, though." Garrison handed Lume a knife. "Okay, ground rules. Don't grab the shiny end, only point at something you want to kill, and hold it in the "down" position otherwise." Garrison grabbed a knife of his own, then looked at Lume. "And since you thing you're such big news, you can freeform. Notice how my knife is actually a stick with a handle, and yours is real. This should tell you how good we are vis zese sings. Now, let's begin!"

"Okay, ground rules. Don't grab the shiny end, only point at something you want to kill, and hold it in the "down" position otherwise."

"Yes, I know what a knife is, darling. I just wanna learn how to wave it around properly." Lume said, annoyed, while inspecting the weapon that Garrison lent her. She personally thought she would do better with something bigger like a broadsword or a mallet since she wouldn't need to be as agile and precise as a claw or dagger user. Besides, she had been enjoying using her newly discovered, natural earth pony strength to fight. But if the blended experts wanted to start off with a knife, who was she to complain about it?

"And since you thing you're such big news, you can freeform. Notice how my knife is actually a stick with a handle, and yours is real. This should tell you how good we are vis zese sings. Now, let's begin!"

"I don't think this is a good idea... I don't wanna cut you. You're already deformed enough as you are." She laughed, intending to provoke Garrison while she could. She didn't know exactly what kind of exercise that one was going to be, but from the looks of it, it was going to be something similar to the last one, but with weapons. Lume was uncertain about the idea, but then again, it was her training, and she wanted to give her best into it.

With that, she held the handle of the knife with her teeth and prepared herself. "So?... What now?"

@"Big vords, little lady. Here's ze deal. If my knife touches you, it's over. If your knife touches us, it's over in an entirely different vay. Ve are concentratink on parryink. Be warned, we aren't going to let you in very easily. You are most likely going to get at least one bruised leg. Okay, now come here." Garrison took one step back and balanced with one hoof planted behind the others, the knife held in his hoof.

(edited)

@

"Well... If that's what you want... I ain't gonna clean your blood." Lume joked once again, as she stared down Garrison for a few more seconds. If they were so confident about it, what could go wrong? She wasn't trying to kill them or anything - even if she tried, she most likely wouldn't succeed due to the huge difference on the skill level between them. At least she wasn't going to get hurt. Hopefully.

How the heck are they going to hold that stick with their hoof? That thing might go flying and hit somepony. She thought. ...They think they're the best. Lume lowered her head, not breaking eye contact, and readied herself, sliding her right hind leg behind her left one. She tried to find a good position between her teeth to hold the knife, considering its size, shape and weight. She remembered about the baseball games she used to watch with her father in the afternoons, and she assumed swinging the knife would be something similar to what the hitter did with the bat - though the instrument she had inbetween her teeth was smaller, and more lethal.

Without giving it further thoughts, she puffed, and began galloping towards Garrison, holding the knife as firmly as she could. The earth mare blindly swung the weapon around in unpredictable directions, aiming only for his hind legs.

Edited by Lume~WMJ

@@ActFast231, "Unfortunately, I do not know where that particular trick came from. I'll ask around back at Canterlot. He stood up and, with a spell, carved out of a block of wood a replica of his axe sword out of wood. "Alright... now I will spar with you. Use the shortsword- and the shortsword only- to repel the attacks. Use both swords on defense and offense. It'll take a bit of practice. Are you ready?"

@, Garriosn waited until she was close enough, then solidly thumped the top of her head with their off hoof. "What were you expecting to happen? I have a reach almost as long as you are. Don't run directly towards someone big enough to drop you before you get to them. Good job with that swing though." He poked her with the end of the training knife. "Boop."

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Ready as I'll ever be." Nexus lifted his right hoof to have a shortsword spring out. Without the claws out, no electricity was present in the blade. He hovered over the air so that he could bring both blades out. The hunter only floated a foot off the ground. Deciding to make the first move, Nexus moved in and swung both swords down towards the head, making sure the blunt end was the one that would make contact. 

(edited)

"Ugh!!" Lume fell to the floor, with Garrison's hoof on top of her head. The knife went sliding across the room.

"What were you expecting to happen? I have a reach almost as long as you are. Don't run directly towards someone big enough to drop you before you get to them. Good job with that swing though." He poked her with the end of the training knife. "Boop."

Damn it... She quickly pushed their hoof away and got back up. "FINE!!" She angrily yelled, shaking her head afterwards. "...Fine." She repeated, in a much quieter tone.

The earth mare calmly trotted over to where her weapon had been dropped, past the merged ponies, and picked it up with her mouth. In the process, she once again tried to read through her own movements, detecting the flaws and thinking of ways to fix those flaws. The speed and manner she approached, the moment that she got immobilized, the pattern she drew.  Hopefully she would learn from her mistakes. And her worst mistake: she was agitated, raging. Her movements were blind and Lume was unable to properly reason due to the stress.

Maintaining her calm, she went back to her position in the corner of the arena, and readied herself. "Again." She announced. This time, she began galloping towards Garrison evenly, not rushing desperately like before. Upon getting close enough, she ducked, predicting their movements, and immediately jumped in a vertical line, slashing upwards.

For a moment she forgot her knife was real.

Edited by Lume~WMJ

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare smiled, spun his weapon around in a full circle, and slammed into the blades so hard it sent Nexus spinning around in a circle. "Don't get too aggressive. You need to use your brain with these weapons. Focus on everything, not just me and my big blade- although it will kill you if you aren't paying attention."

((You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake...))

@,

Nexus landed on his hooves, though he did spin once more on the ground. He quickly hopped back into the air to rearm with his blades. He turned over to see Lume charging towards Garrison, apparently taking the low route.

That gives me an idea...

Nexus once again made sure the blunt end was facing towards Solar Flare, and shot up to the ceiling. Without a moment to break, he swooped down, holding his forelegs out to his sides, and dashed low, aiming to use the blades to trip the Inquisitor as he flew under him.

Midnight blinked, he didnt know what moon crypt had done, the swords and armor had come to life? or something, he didnt know, looking in the weapon cabnet, if fen was going to come with she would need a weapon too.

he looked around then found a dagger, he picked it up and took it by the blade, handing it too her, "there, see if you like that."

(edited)

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare raised his wooden axe as you are charging at him and, while jumping, slams down. He can't aim it the best, considering how fast you are going, but his jump, as well as the extra few inches his pushed himself off of the ground with as he jumped, you slide right under him. He lands behind you and, as you spring back up into the air, he strokes down- a power stroke- as he tries to slam the wooden weapon own on top of you.

((Just finished Portal. Why is GLaDOS singing again?))

Edited by Thunder Knight

@,

Nexus scolded as the blow missed. Though it may have to due with Solar's skill. He out maneuvered a bat pony going full speed while carrying a large wooden weapon. Speaking of, that wooden weapons was attempting to swat Nexus out of the air like a fly. Nexus managed to avoid the brunt of the attack, but the weapon came down on the shortsword attached to his left hoof. The force was enough to tear the blade from the gauntlet and send Nexus tumbling to the ground. Nexus shot up, and saw that only the base of the weapon to his left remained. He could see the severed blade in between him and his trainer.

"Holy buck your tougher than you look."

(edited)

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare nodded as he looked at the separated blade. "Ah. Well. Hmm." He sighed and, putting the gauntlet on the repair pile, before digging through the cabinet for another one. "Here. Use this. And sorry about that."

She looked at it before taking it slowly and making a few attacks with it. "It... works..."

Edited by Thunder Knight

midnight smiled and nuzzled her gently before drawing the bow again, setting fen on the ground next to him so she wouldnt fall, he then stood on his two hind legs, showing a balance few ponies have, nocked another arrow, and drew it back.

he blinked, the target was moving,not that it was a problem, midnight liked a challenge, but he wasnt used to the draw weight and the power this bow offered, but he took aim, held it for a moment, watching the target then let the arrow fly, the target jumped jumped again, then THWACK, the arrow hit dead center.

"hmm...easy enough." he drew another arrow, nocked it and drew the string to half draw and chose another target, THWACK, THWACK, THWACK, three times, three diffrent targets, none of them were dead center, but they were close enough to be kill shots.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"It's fine. I've had worse crashes. I doubt the Presence will be as apologetic, so this is good training." Nexus removed his current gauntlet and placed it next to the severed blade. Replacing the gauntlet, he hovered again, trying to think of a way to deal a blow.

So head on attacks don't work. And he is too fast to charge like that. I wonder...

Nexus extended his claws and activated the enchantment. He channeled the electricity through his blades, and when they were prepped, he slammed both swords into the wooden floor. It didn't absorb, and instead the electricity shot up to the ceiling in a large crack. The lightning cleared and Nexus was gone. The light show proved useful cover to get to into hiding so that he could take him by surprise. As long as he remained undetected, he would be in striking distance in no time. 

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare blinked, and, when he couldn't locate you, sighed. "Not this again." He started slowly rotating. You noticed that he kept his weapon in a defensive position behind him, when keeping his eyes in the front. Started to slowly circle, eyeing every possible thing that he could be hiding behind.

@,

Nexus slowly moved around the room, his claws folded up. He hovered only inched from the ground so his grieves would not make sound. He is almost caught, ducking behind a large chest. When he is certain that Solar turned his gaze elsewhere, he moved into position to his left. And then charge, moving as quick as he could to tackle Solar down into a pin. 

@@ActFast231, Solar Flare smiled and dived to the side, but you were able to grab the heavily-built pony by his left hind leg. Smiling, he started to swing his leg in a large circle, while making occasional attacks on the lower part of his body.

((Last post. Man, I'm tired. I will finish Portal 2 within the next week! Wahaha! Wheatley Song!))