Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper II: Kingdom of Darkness

BlackShardNixium

(XD  Sorry.  Been pretty busy.)

Arianna frowned.  The fact that it wasn't open was a good sign, but how long was another thing entirely.  She edged closer to Midnight, worried.  She glanced at Black Star while she waited for him to answer Midnight's question.  She awaited the answer just as much as him.

"That is an option, but I would imagine that if this spell is as important as it is, the King would hide it either in the throne room or his private quarters. At least, that's my guess."

"I think that Nexus is closer to the mark. The Canterlot Library can be broken into, the spell stolen. No, he needed a way to hide the spells in a private place." He sighed. "We're going directly into the beast's lair. Let's get going, shall we?"

With a perplexed (and somewhat annoyed) expression taking over her feature, Lume tossed her cold glance at Karmatic Justice, then back at Nexus. For a few seconds, she tried to swallow the fact that an opinion that wasn't hers had been approved - the way Karma put it had also worsened the situation.

"Fine!" She said with anger, turning around and puffing up her cheeks, decorated with an air of arrogance. "...But, we can't know for sure!" She turned back to the two in a second attempt. "What if The Presence forgot about it, or even couldn't find it by itself? Or was just too dumb to look for it, I don't know! ...I say we split up." Lume stomped her hoof on the ground, confident.

@,

@,

Nexus chuckled lightly, moving closer to Lume and placing a foreleg on her shoulder.

"If the Presence is here, splitting up wouldn't be a good idea. Nopony here would survive a one-on-one confrontation with it. But don't think for a second that your input is not valued, even if it isn't followed. You just got to look at it logically, not emotionally. And I know your smart enough to do it." He finished with a light nuzzle to her cheek, before turning his head towards Karma.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna make out with her this time. That comes later." He said, hoping that Lume would calm down so they could move on.

@@Prince Midnight, @@Psych Ward,

"It activates with almost any blast of energy of any type. We cannot shut it down, or, at least, not without magic that we do not have access to." Black Star growled. "We are all puppets to an infernal master."

@, @@ActFast231,

Before Karma could answer, one of the plated guards huffed. "I should hope not. Keep the 'making out,' as you put it, until later."

Karma sighed and shook his head. "Aerial Burst, could you not be more blunt?"

"But, with all due respect-"

"Save it for later."

He turned to Lume and Nexus again. "I am debating doing just that, considering that time is against us. But we would not be sending one group to the library. Remember, the Presence has only been in charge for about six hours. There's only so much he will be able to do. I do not think that King left it in such an obvious place as to only be found in six hours."

He started to walk towards a staircase, followed by Solar Flare. Karma paused. "You know, he is right. Your opinion is valued, even if not followed."

"If the Presence is here, splitting up wouldn't be a good idea. Nopony here would survive a one-on-one confrontation with it. But don't think for a second that your input is not valued, even if it isn't followed. You just got to look at it logically, not emotionally. And I know your smart enough to do it." He finished with a light nuzzle to her cheek, before turning his head towards Karma.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna make out with her this time. That comes later." He said, hoping that Lume would calm down so they could move on.

"I am debating doing just that, considering that time is against us. But we would not be sending one group to the library. Remember, the Presence has only been in charge for about six hours. There's only so much he will be able to do. I do not think that King left it in such an obvious place as to only be found in six hours."

He started to walk towards a staircase, followed by Solar Flare. Karma paused. "You know, he is right. Your opinion is valued, even if not followed."

Now she was lost.

Even if she wanted, Lume couldn't be mad at her coltfriend - even less after having received a peck on the cheek. But at the same time, her ego kept telling her that she had been outsmarted, and that she had failed at most likely the only good quality she could possibly have. She didn't know what to make out of that situation. So she just broke.

The mare began lightly hitting her head against Nexus' chest and, after a few seconds of such craziness, she looked back up wearing the most forced smile ever.

"Okie-dokie! Let's get moving then!" She said after the sudden change of emotions, making her way towards the staircase with rusty hoofsteps. The only thing that went through her mind at that moment was fantasizing the scene where she found the spell book in the library and shouted a big 'I told you' right off the bat.

"It activates with almost any blast of energy of any type. We cannot shut it down, or, at least, not without magic that we do not have access to." Black Star growled. "We are all puppets to an infernal master."

@, @@ActFast231,

Before Karma could answer, one of the plated guards huffed. "I should hope not. Keep the 'making out,' as you put it, until later."

Karma sighed and shook his head. "Aerial Burst, could you not be more blunt?"

"But, with all due respect-"

"Save it for later."

He turned to Lume and Nexus again. "I am debating doing just that, considering that time is against us. But we would not be sending one group to the library. Remember, the Presence has only been in charge for about six hours. There's only so much he will be able to do. I do not think that King left it in such an obvious place as to only be found in six hours."

i am sorry, truely i am, but, thats why were here *motions to white rose, himself and arianna* try and find a way to shut it down, or at the very least, keep it from being opened." he shook his head, "i wish to help you, not just you or fen, but you ponies as well, the ones who were mutated."

@,

@,

Nexus said nor did nothing as Lume began to hit her head against his armored chest, before jumping slightly at her sudden bright mood. He walked slowly to Karma, speaking lowly.

"I uh....I think I broke my marefriend." He spoke up to a normal tone.

"Anyway, shall we be off to the study? As soon as we trap the Presence, we should get that giant emerald ready for the blast. Let's hope this works."

@@ActFast231@,

Karma looked at Lume for a moment or two, his head tilting to the side. "Well... er... alright then. Let's continue forward."

As you quietly make your way through the Castle, slower and slower into the upper reaches. Karma often stops to check in places that you would not have known were even there- behind a large plaque, underneath a loose floorboard, even underneath the padding to a sword in a glass case, sighing everytime something wasn't there.

Eventually- around the tenth floor, he let out a huff as he took out what appeared to be a ceramic plate- that was broken in half. "Here's the seal, then. Now we just need the spell..."

((If you have any other questions, this is going to be your last chance. Oh, yes, enjoy what comes next. Until I finish with Midnight and Psych Ward, you are done when this is. Any information whatsoever you think that might come in use, ask about it now.))

((Alright, let's give you some action.))

As Midnight finished speaking, a rusty voice asked, "Who's there?" The voice's owner rounded the corner to reveal a shadow with red, glowing eyes. He grinned deviously as he looked upon the others. "I knew it. I warned Master Resh that the moment he left, his creations would turn against him."

Black Star growled. "Begone, demon. Your 'master' specifically put me in charge while you were away."

"Just as he told me to keep  an eye on you while he was away. Guess he was right to do so if you stab him in the back the moment it was turned!"

((And, guys, just a heads-up, I might not be here for a while. A forced hiatus by my parents, perhaps. Of course, it's a thin chance, but who knows?))

@

Arianna jumped at the sound of the different voice, terribly confused.  "Who was that?" she asked meekly, taking a small step back.  She looked around slowly, hesitant still.  She wasn't sure if it was a voice to be afraid of or not, and that was what frightened her.

midnight frowned and looked at the shadow, mumbleing something too himself, the creature that was still under his control drew its sword and stepped in front of arianna, as midnight drew his own sword and held it at the ready in his magic.

"who are you?"

@,

@,

(Might as well)

Nexus followed closely behind, claws and blades at the ready. Every now and again, he would glance over to Lume, to make sure nothing had happened. He really should give her more freedom, and he wanted to, but damnit he just knew something bad was going to happen. He felt it deep inside him. When they found the seal for the Presence, he remembered something.

"Do we have a status on the emerald? Like, is it there yet?"

@@ActFast231@,

Karma looked at Nexus. An odd light came up behind his bionic eye. "ETA is about thirty minutes." The light disappeared.

((Biomechanics, YEAH!))

"Who am I?" The shadowy demon laughed. "I belong here. That is all you need to know."

He grinned as he brought up his hand, glowing with dark energy. "And, by the way, you do not belong here. So... goodbye." 

((Donut Joe has ECLAIR IN HIS HAIR!))

Edited by Thunder Knight
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

((And I get nothing new to work with...))

@@ActFast231, @,

Karma sighed. "Well... ready up, everyone." As he crept open to the slightly ajar door, he peered inside before opening the door- and he jumped back, cursing. As soon as you enter the room, you can see why. The Presence isn't there- but there is a pile of shredded meat, leaking blood sits to the side of the room, staining the carpet and the bed with blood- still fresh. A black crown is leaning against the wall. He opened the door. "Well, he's not here... try not to throw up if you don't have a strong stomach."

@@Psych Ward, @@Prince Midnight,

The demon shot energy torwards you, but you are shunted out of the way by two black tentacles. They retract back to Black Star. "No. They are under my protection."

"Your protection?" The demon laughed. "The words of a traitor means nothing to me."

((There. I posted.))

((And I get nothing new to work with...))

@@ActFast231, @,

Karma sighed. "Well... ready up, everyone." As he crept open to the slightly ajar door, he peered inside before opening the door- and he jumped back, cursing. As soon as you enter the room, you can see why. The Presence isn't there- but there is a pile of shredded meat, leaking blood sits to the side of the room, staining the carpet and the bed with blood- still fresh. A black crown is leaning against the wall. He opened the door. "Well, he's not here... try not to throw up if you don't have a strong stomach."

@@Psych Ward, @@Prince Midnight,

The demon shot energy torwards you, but you are shunted out of the way by two black tentacles. They retract back to Black Star. "No. They are under my protection."

"Your protection?" The demon laughed. "The words of a traitor means nothing to me."

((There. I posted.))

in my defense, i didnt know what to do with your last post)

Midnight rolls to his hooves and draws his sword, looking between black star and the demon before firing a spell of his own at the demon, a light spell that glowed with energy, hoping the shadow demon was hurt by it.

• Brohoof 1

@,

(Likewise. I had not an idea of what to post in response.)

Nexus entered the room, and wrinkled his nose at the stench and sight. The King-or what's left of him-lay off to the side.

"Merda. I don't think I've ever seen a pony shredded like that. This Presence isn't screwing around." He took a last glance over to the pile, whispering under his breath.

"Che tu possa riposare in pace, altezza." Before beginning to search the room.

The Presence found Itself skirting the outer rim of the entrance to the Nothingness, a dissatisfied frown on Its distorted face. As a creature of the Nothingness, It had developed certain properties that stemmed from the void in which It came. One of these was near Omnipotence.

The only thing that could ever stand a chance at defeating It was other Omnipotent beings...

Much to the Presence’s ire, Celestia and Luna had predicted this. Sisters of Sun and Moon had brought Purpose to the Nothingness, breathing life into the void and creating something altogether new. The young godlings, unwitting of how much power they actually held, traipsed about Equestria in search of something that could defeat him; when all along, all they need do was unlock their Purpose. The very Purpose Celestia and Luna had given to the Nothingness all those years ago.

It was deceptively simple. So much so that the Presence’s final gambit rested on the one hope that they would never figure it out. While the Nothingness remained all that it was, the absence of matter itself, the imbecilic, inferior creatures who dared challenge It had been born from that very void in existence. They were literally living manifestations of Celestia and Luna’s powerful magic, and fragments of the Nothingness. It was as if the souls of the Royal Sisters had been shattered like stained glass and mixed in with the absolute, complete raw power of NOTHING.

The power of absolutely nothing is so strong because Nothing can become Anything, and with that Anything, it can become Everything. It was a solution so strong that it would most definitely bring the Presence to Its knees.

There would be no other way to defeat It.

And with that knowledge in mind, the Presence was set to expand the void; after all, what did it care for this world? It could survive completely unscathed in the Nothingness. It would use the Nothingness to completely swallow Equestria. Afterwards, It’s secret would die with the rest of the Universe….

• Brohoof 2