Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper II: Kingdom of Darkness

BlackShardNixium

((*quietly sneaks in* shit, this was supposed to be posted days ago...))

@Everyone

Cut Scene

The sound of thunder from outside the walls of the throne room muffled the quiet patter of liquid as it dripped from its source. The once beautiful room was coated crimson, slick and shining slightly. The smell of blood and death was intense and powerful; just how the It liked it.

Bones, from Guards and servants alike, were strewn in a careless array across the floor, the flesh having already been devoured by the pure darkness surrounding the Presence. Its army was approaching, steadfast and stupidly loyal, running to their Master when It called to them. The Presence stepped out onto the balcony, looking out across the rapidly darkening sky. It had so much planned for Equestria. Its victorious smirk turned to glower of hatred when It noticed the sparks of powerful light grouped together within the inner city. Even in death, the Royal Sisters remained a thorn in Its side. It knew perfectly well what those sparks of shining light were.

Hope.

It snarled furiously at the mere thought of the word. It hadn't been counting on those little sparks; hadnt even thought it possible. It hadn't anticipated Celestia and Luna's final act. Though It remembered well...

The spell that bound the Presence to the Nothingness was almost complete. However, the Princesses were dying. Knowing full well that the demon would someday return, they performed a spell that split their power from their bodies; divided their very souls, and cast them out into Equestria. The power of the Royal Sisters latched onto the most worthy candidate it could find, past, present, or future.

The source of the Tarot Powers came from the literal pieces of Luna and Celestia that dwelt inside all of the ones chosen...

The Presence continued to glare balefully at the sparks. It didn't matter what those foolish ponies tried, It would still win. And when It did, it would devour every living thing in this diminsion before casting the Tarot users into the abyss of the Nothingness.

• Brohoof 1

((Bad news, everyone... Garrison dropped out. :( ))

@@@ActFast231,

Karma looked Nexus full in the face as the guards came in, bearing a large, green crystal shard, partially wrapped in a cloth. "Very well...  this is a very powerful magical artifact from the realm known as Mobius. This crystal, when put together, is one of the most powerful sources of energy in the entire... world." He sighed. "The mere fact that this Garrison fellow did this... it's was very foolish. We might be able to use them, but when we're done, we have to return them. And that will be no easy feat."

He smiled at Lume. "Perhaps the young lady would like to help us on that account."

"And, to answer your question, Lume... the King is dead. The Presence is sitting where he was. I would show you, but I don't think that doing that would exactly be a good idea."

@@Prince Midnight, @@Psych Ward,

The mutant reached over and dropped White Rose over to you where she stirred feebly. "Is that so then? If you are so interested in keeping the peace with our kind, explain why there are dead bodies in the warrens, and not all of them are Guardians."

@,

((Well, that explains what happened to them. By the way. I'm sorry for commandeering your RP. I feel bad now... :( )) 

Edited by Thunder Knight

@,

@,

It didn't surprise Nexus in the slightest that Garrison would do something like that. He wasn't one for subtly, but this was down right reckless. He saw the Guards walk in with the gems in tow, and was at least relieved to see that the plan would go forward. 

when we're done, we have to return them. And that will be no easy feat."   He smiled at Lume. "Perhaps the young lady would like to help us on that account."

Nexus looked up at Karma, a look of caution on his face.

"Sir, what do you mean? You think she could help set it up in Delvia." He knew that likely wasn't what he meant, but he was really hoping Karma, out of all ponies, wouldn't drag her into this. 

• Brohoof 1

((Bad news, everyone... Garrison dropped out. :( ))

@@@ActFast231,

Karma looked Nexus full in the face as the guards came in, bearing a large, green crystal shard, partially wrapped in a cloth. "Very well...  this is a very powerful magical artifact from the realm known as Mobius. This crystal, when put together, is one of the most powerful sources of energy in the entire... world." He sighed. "The mere fact that this Garrison fellow did this... it's was very foolish. We might be able to use them, but when we're done, we have to return them. And that will be no easy feat."

He smiled at Lume. "Perhaps the young lady would like to help us on that account."

"And, to answer your question, Lume... the King is dead. The Presence is sitting where he was. I would show you, but I don't think that doing that would exactly be a good idea."

The mutant reached over and dropped White Rose over to you where she stirred feebly. "Is that so then? If you are so interested in keeping the peace with our kind, explain why there are dead bodies in the warrens, and not all of them are Guardians."

@,

((Well, that explains what happened to them. By the way. I'm sorry for commandeering your RP. I feel bad now... :( )) 

Midnight frowns "we didnt kill any on the way here....must have been the others." he sighed "i promise, we didnt kill any of your kind, we skirted around the town and used one of the tunnels under the city to get here." he shook his head, "im sorry they were killed, i want to prevent killing as many of the....your kind as possible..." 

midnight paused, "what do you call yourselves? its better than saying "your kind" or "mutant"

Arianna nodded in agreement of Midnight's answer.  "I assure you no one in our group would cause such horrible harm to your kind."  She inched closer to White Rose, hoping she was okay.  She stood close to Midnight as well staring at the creature with a mix of fear and curiosity in her eyes.

@@ActFast231@,

Karma sighed. "No, Nexus. When we use the energies to purify the town, the emerald- since it would only have been recently shattered- will reshatter. We need to find all seven pieces before we can- or, rather, I can- return it. I can say the Guardian of the Emerald will not be happy."

He turned to Lume. "I am sorry about all of this secrecy concerning me, Nexus, Garrison, and anyone that's been acting dodgy around you."

@@Psych Ward@@Prince Midnight,

White Rose looked fine, although unconsious. The leader turned to you. "Why should we invent a name for our kind when you ponies already give us one?" he growled, self loathing in his voice. "And I am still inclined to believe that you are still guilty, although I will drop that topic for now. So, what are you doing here?"

Edited by Thunder Knight

(( OOC: Sorry about the crappy post... Am still a tad ill. :c ))

@, @@ActFast231,  

"Mobius?..." Lume quietly asked herself when that name was mentioned. In school, she had learned about most of Equestria's territory and nearby kingdoms: their main cities and royal grounds. But Mobius was a place that she couldn't recall at all - which was odd, considering how studious the mare was. However, since it was Garrison who they were talking about, the possibilities were infinite. Could it be an unknown land far away, another world hidden within Equestria, or even another dimension?

"Sir, what do you mean? You think she could help set it up in Delvia."

"I would love to help, w-with whatever you guys need!" She exclaimed joyfully. Glancing over at Nexus, she was able to notice a few traces of uneasiness in his expression. She remembered him speaking about dangers about that secret of his that could end up with somepony getting killed, but that fact alone hardly bothered her. Wherever this Mobius realm was, or how important those emerald shards were to it, she would very much appreciate partaking in their mission.

Edited by Lume~WMJ

@,

@,

"I am sorry about all of this secrecy concerning me, Nexus, Garrison, and anyone that's been acting dodgy around you.

"Sir, with all do respect, it is secret for proper reason. I don't get a normal life. You don't get a normal life. Garrison sure as hell doesn't get a normal life. Hell, half the ponies here don't get a normal life. Even if the Presence is beaten, and the land restored to its formal glory, ponies like you and me are trapped in these lives of danger, adventure, and death. But ponies like Lume still have a chance for a normal life when all is said and done. And if you drag her into this, you take that away. So please, leave her out of this. I can handle whatever task that is needed. Garrison isn't the only one that can get around quickly."

(A bit dramatic, but I didn't know what else to post)

Im not a pony, ive been hated most of my life, so i feel something with you, mabey why i took fen under my wing," he frowned " anyway were here to look for history of this place." he looked up for a moment, "bah i dont remember what else," he shook his head and looked over at arianna.

"Sir, with all do respect, it is secret for proper reason. I don't get a normal life. You don't get a normal life. Garrison sure as hell doesn't get a normal life. Hell, half the ponies here don't get a normal life. Even if the Presence is beaten, and the land restored to its formal glory, ponies like you and me are trapped in these lives of danger, adventure, and death. But ponies like Lume still have a chance for a normal life when all is said and done. And if you drag her into this, you take that away. So please, leave her out of this. I can handle whatever task that is needed. Garrison isn't the only one that can get around quickly."

"Oi. Nex. Shall I remind you of the recent misadventures this here "normal pony" went through? It all began when my flank got knocked out by Celestia-knows-what and dragged into this kingdom of darkness instead of the university of my dreams 'cause of some mystical Tarot card. Soon after, I found myself bathed in demon goo after chopping in half at least a dozen of them - I've got this gorgeous scar on my chest to remember me about it. Then I fell in love with a bat pony and, quite literally, I have his blood running through my veins. Now, may I ask you, what's your definition of normal?"

With a sigh, Lume lifted Nexus' chin with a hoof - making sure their eyes could meet - and ran the other hoof down his silver mane. She didn't want to be rude, especially after the discussion they had last night. But at the same time, being overprotected that way was starting to deeply annoy her.

"Please... Let me go with you. I really wanna help. I promise I'll be fine!"

@,

Nexus found the eye contact and the hoof going through his mane to be very soothing, but worry still plagued his eyes.

"It's just...this life is a dangerous one. I come close to death on a regular basis. I never wanted that for you. My parents lived like that and they died for it. They died for me. I...I don't want to lose you like I lost them. I've tried my damndest to keep you out of harms way, but maybe that just isn't possible with me around..." His ears were pinned down, as was his gaze. His motives were clear now, nothing more he could do but see what reaction he got.

(I am enjoying this deep emotional writing tremendously  :lol:)

@@ActFast231@,

Karma smiled. "You didn't let me finish, Nexus. The strain on this gem is almost certainly going to blow it back apart into a million pieces. Now, there is a chance that this will release into Equestria one of the most powerful beings currently in existence, and that would be bad. But, either way, we will need to find the pieces to them after they are scattered." He watched the scene with Lume and Nexus. Karma went silent, contenting himself to watch.

"A history of this place? I might be able to provide one... if you will follow me..."

He turned around and walked through the doors. "My name is Black Star. I know you are Midnight, but who is this unconscious pony and this somewhat shy pony?"

Edited by Thunder Knight

@,

"My name is Arianna," the red mare spoke up.  "And our friend here is White Rose."  She followed him reluctantly yet quickly through the doors, not wanting to get left behind.  She put her knives back into her saddlebag as she followed, deciding they weren't needed at the moment.

@@ActFast231

It was a difficult decision. Lume had heard about his family and their fate. It was completely understandable his fear of losing yet another loved one. But at the same time, she didn't want to hide behind the others forever. She wanted to gain his trust, fight by his side. Even though dying was a clear possibility, she would gladly take the risk, simply to prove - to the others and to herself - that she was more than an ordinary bookworm.

She planted a kiss on him. "I can't deny, though... I find this life of danger of yours to be rather exciting. It's kinda weird for me to say that I'd rather be studying or reading a book, 'cause I might be lying. I haven't had an adventure this fun in years!"

"Here's a fun fact about me that you might have already taken note: I always keep my word. If I say I'll be fine, I'll be damn fine."

(( OOC: Dramatic writing is best writing. ))

Edited by Lume~WMJ

@,

Nexus returned his gaze to the mare before him with that kiss, and listened to what she had to say. And somehow, he found her words to be...reassuring. It was strange, he wasn't usually the one that needed to be reassured. But this wasn't a normal situation. He saw her go from a fearful, timid mare to a tough, determined and confident companion. And as much as his ego would of loved it, he couldn't take full credit for that. And with that final statement, he couldn't help but feel a tremendous amount of pride and affection for the mare.

"Goddamnit, I love you so much Lume." He spoke in a tone of pride-and slight aggression-before kissing her deeply.

(Confession time: I have always wanted to write a moment like that in some story or other.)

Midnight nodded, "thank you black star, we appreciate the kindness," he smiled slightly then looked over at arianna putting away his sword before starting to follow, he shook his head before decloaking his pony body to his halfling body, muttering "gah, can never keep that up for long can i...." he rolled his eyes. "dumb magic." he chuckled.

HA 666th post....get it, magic, 666.....*wipes tear* choo)

Edited by Prince Midnight

@@Prince Midnight

((Woo!  667th post, 666th reply.  I'm awesome!))

Arianna smiled warmly.  "Don't waste your energy on it," she said.  "It's not needed.  You never know when you'll need it for something else."  She nuzzled him lightly before continuing to follow Black Star at a moderate pace.

Edited by Psych Ward

@@Prince Midnight

((Woo!  667th post, 666th reply.  I'm awesome!))

Arianna smiled warmly.  "Don't waste your energy on it," she said.  "It's not needed.  You never know when you'll need it for something else."  She nuzzled him lightly before continuing to follow Black Star at a moderate pace.

Midnight smiled back and nuzzled her in return, "thanks." he looked around, "when were these tunnel networks built? i cant tell with all this slime.....no offense," he shook his head, "was it built when delva was in its prime? or were they a more recent addition?"

@@ActFast231, @,

Lume was a bit startled by the sudden passionate kiss from her coltfriend. With her mouth occupied, she carried her eyesight towards the other end of the table, where Karma spectated the whole scene - as well as the other Inquisitors in the room. Even though she would usually enjoy the moment, the mere presence of other ponies made her feel utterly embarrassed.

The mare reluctantly (and as gently as she could) pushed Nexus back at the same time that she gave Karma an awkward smile, surrounded by the reddish tone on her cheeks. At any rate, she assumed the love assault meant that he agreed on letting her join him in the quest to the unknown realm, so she was glad most of all.

"So, um..." She cleared her throat, still abashed. "When will our mission begin?"

• Brohoof 1

@,

@

Nexus allowed himself to be pushed away-albeit gently-with his own blush present. He turned towards Karma, looking apologetic.

"Sorry, sir. I uh...got a bit carried away. Won't happen again, I assure you." He glanced over to Lume, who looked as embarrassed as he was. All things considered, he really enjoyed that. But that can wait for later, for now he returned his attention to Karma.

"Ready to begin whenever you are, sir." 

Edited by ActFast231

• 2 weeks later...

@@Prince Midnight,@@Psych Ward,

As you continue to walk along, he sighed. "These tunnels were forged through magic, while the city above was still thriving. It still reeks with the demonic." Eventually, he entered a large room. Several plate-covered tubes lined the walls. A large, golden archway loomed out from the wall, embedded with seven gems. Surrounding this archway was several bookshelves. He sighed. "The history of this place in general. With the exception of the main chamber, everything down here was forged out by demonic servants of the greater demon lord Resh, who is also responsible for... this." He gestured to himself. "The gateway to Tartarus allows him to maintain his realms while allowing reinforcements and supplies to come in. It is deactivated at this time, but..."

@, @@ActFast231,

Karma smiled slyly. "Of course. We are merely..."

The door opened, and out came five ponies in battle plate, with no decorations or honors on their armor except for a large I emblazoned on the shoulder guard and each were holding, unsheathed, a large glaive, engraved with symbols and glowing with power. in fact, every pony in the squad was glowing with power. Three of them positioned themselves next to and behind Karma, while the other two went to Flare Blitz. He sighed. "Let us continue on, then... here we go."

As Karma stepped out of the passage, he came into the Castle foyer. "Well, here we are..." The other warriors remained silent, eyeing everyone with suspicion... including you two and Karma, and even each other. "Now, do you have any suggestions on where to start first?"

Solar Flare came up, brushing his face. "Dumb spiderwebs. How come all you smaller ponies just duck under them, the Honor Guard seem to phase through them, leaving ponies like me to get them full in the face?"

@@ActFast231, @,  

After a few minutes of walking, the group - now accompanied by five new guards - finally reached the inside of the Royal Castle. Lume had watchful eyes, scanning the area carefully and getting intimidated by the glaive-wielding pony's shady glances at the same time. Her armor was now enchanted, just like Nexus', but even though it should, it didn't make her feel any safer. The Presence could be around any corner.

When Solar Flare came in and started complaining about the spider webs, Lume couldn't help growing a small smile at the tall Inquisitor's misfortune. However, after thinking about it for a few seconds, she realized that she was prepared to encounter more demons and whatnot, but she didn't know for sure if her heart would endure a bunch of spiders suddenly jumping on her. After all, there didn't exist monsters scarier than those arachnids.

With a small, though noticeable shiver, the mare shook off the thoughts about spiders and turned back to Karma. "Um... The library, perhaps? Most spells are kept in there."

@,

@,

Nexus entered the Inner Castle with the group of Inquisitors, who looked quite nervous, and began to search for anything of use. He felt something crawling on his leg, and looked down to see a medium sized spider crawling on it. With a quick fluid motion, he swatted the creature off, luckily without being bit.

"Cazzo cosa..." He muttered to himself. He approached Karma and Lume in time to here about the idea of searching the library.

"That is an option, but I would imagine thatif this spell is as important as it is, the King would hide it either in the throne room or his private quarters. At least, that's my guess."

• Brohoof 1

@@@ActFast231,

((I think that you two are the last ones alive here.))

Karma smiled slightly. "I think that Nexus is closer to the mark. The Canterlot Library can be broken into, the spell stolen. No, he needed a way to hide the spells in a private place." He sighed. "We're going directly into the beast's lair. Let's get going, shall we?"

((@@Prince Midnight, @@Psych Ward, Are you two alive?)) 

Midnight frowned and looked about the room listening to black star before he stopped, then looked at him "but....it could activate at any time?" he looked over at arianna then back, "is there any way to stop it from activating again? or at least block it for the time being?"