Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Whisper II: Kingdom of Darkness

BlackShardNixium

Midnight nosed the filly's cheek, "hey..love you." he smiled "fen, if you need to rest, theres a couch over there you can sleep on." he smiled, "were going to be here for a little while so if you need to sleep or rest, ill be watching over you:"

he looked over at white rose and nodded, "alright, everypony spread out, but stay within eyesight.

@,

"Hmm...Maybe if we can get several perfect cut diamonds, or possibly other gems and crystals of such quality, and plant them all across Delvia, we purge the entire town in one go. But to bathe an entire town with light magic almost instantaneously would require a lot of power. If the Elements of Harmony were still around, and assuming they would work, that would do the trick. Otherwise we will need some high capacity gems. Like diamonds, emeralds, the likes. Depending on size and charge, we would need maybe...seven of them, minimum. It could be done while the rest of us go off to kill the Presence and this Lord Void. One of the other Tarot holders is in the Crystal Empire now, so I could contact him and see about getting him to collect what we need. He could send them back here to be charged, then the team in Delvia could plant them at strategic points. They could then be activated, and theoretically, the town would be purified as of the Elements themselves hit it. Of course, there is no guarantee that this will work as intended. It depends on the gems acquired or how rapidly the mutants develop immunity. I'm hoping the entire town will get consumed in the magic immediately so we don't have to worry, but again, that is theoretical." 

@@ActFast231@@,

Karma stood back, deep in thought. "Yes... That could work... Some small explosive charges..."

At the mention of Lord Void, he stopped. "Perhaps I wasn't clear. This 'Lord Void' is the pony-given name for the demon ruler of the entirety of Tartarus, and the guardian of Tartarus's heart. We don't even know his true name." He sighed. "Luckily, the only way he can get into this world is a rift the size of Canterlot Castle... or through Tartarus's Gate. That has happened exactly once before, and only for about an hour before he was forced back. It took weeks to clear the areas of demonic contamination." He sighed. "I don't think that this has anything to do with him, although Resh is one of the seven greater demon lords that rule several layers of Tartarus. Summoned. So this thing certainly has its contacts." He scowled. "And unless we can get this thing under control soon, it might weaken the dimensional barrier enough for him to try and make a breakthrough, and then this entire world becomes a battlefield between all of Tartarus and dimensi-"

He stopped himself there and laughed. "Look at me rambling on! But... yeah. Your plan could work well. However, there is one thing to consider." He sighed. "Resh has left Delvia and took up a semi-permanent residence in the Crystal Castle. You can guess what he brought with him. Although the vast majority of them are still in Delvia."

@, @@Psych Ward,

Fen nodded weakly and almost collapsed on the couch. White Rose watched her, and then she went towards the other side of the room to continue searching.

((If one of you guys don't find it, she will next post.))

@,

Nexus nodded at this.

"You wonder maybe if Resh has control of the mutants? Perhaps killing him would suffice in freeing the mutants from slavery. I'll do what I must, but I don't relish the idea of fighting the ruler or Tartarus on his turf. And honestly, unless I bring a bucking army, that fight won't end well. In any case, I should alert Garrison to this development. Excuse me." Nexus bowed his head and trotted out of the room, leaving Lume and Klarix alone with Karma.

Outside the room, he pulled out his PDA and opened up a communication channel with the spliced mercenary responsible for his possession of this device.

"Garrison, you there?"

@

@@ActFast231"We're gonna need an army." Garrison was standing around the corner from the rest of the team, speaking quietly. "Alpha's saying that the demon's power projections give us about a week until this whole thing goes supercrit. I radioed in for backup in three days. And when I say backup, think a small town's worth of trained soldiers with technology, tactics and genetic differences like you've never seen. If they get in, they're going to shoot first and feel sorry never. Capiche?"

@,

"Then we need to stop this before they get here. I've come too far to see the mutants butchered by a mercenary army. I have a plan. We are going to plant crystals powered up with light magic around Delvia and have them function like demolition charges. Once they go off, the entire town should be bathed in light magic and purified before the mutants can adapt. I need you to collect these gems. Anything that can hold a large charge and can be cut into a more powerful shape. Diamonds, emeralds, whatever you can get. There just needs to be enough to cover an entire town. Now, cutting them into proper shapes will take too long by normal means, so I was hoping you had something that can speed up the process without compromising quality. If you do, get them into top condition then send them here for charging. Otherwise, just send the raw materials and we will see what we can do. If this goes according to plan, your army will show up and find Delvia just like it was back when it was called Ponyville. Can you do this?"

• Brohoof 1

@@ActFast231"Gemstones?" The smug grin was almost audible. "I know a guy."

"Okay everybody, we need to go do a thing. Shouldn't take more than an hour. Don't go anywhere." Garrison trotted around the corner, into a building, and through an ornate door that promptly disappeared.

• Brohoof 1

@,

@

The call ended, and according to the PDA map, Garrison's PDA signature was no longer in this dimension. Nexus shrugged, assuming that he would get the gems needed, and put his own device away. He trotted back into the room, and silently returned to his position next to Lume. 

(If anything happened while I was out in the hall, post about it then just acknowledge my return at the end)

• Brohoof 1

He thought about it. And then he said, slowly, "Although I am many things... I am not a psychic, nor a philosopher, nor do I study the minds of spirits or unearthly powers- although, several Inquisitors dedicate their lives to such a thing. Whether you obtained these powers through an accident, their previous owners dying... perhaps you were born with them, or you were blessed by some angel or demon. No matter how you got them, you got them. And, as a great stallion once said, to one whom much is given, much is expected." He sighed. "Why you ponies in particular? Once again, I do not know. Yet, perhaps you were given this power because something thought that you might be able to turn this world around from the dark path it is headed down." He sighed. "I am not sure who sent you here, either. Fate? Destiny? Or perhaps your own choices? Perhaps there is an invisible force, guiding your every movement for the sake of telling a story? Who knows? Either way, you have been brought. There is an evil force outside. You and a few others have the power to stop it. In the words of one of the greatest stallions of recent years: What do you do?"

"He has a point. Personally, I don't care how I got these powers or why I have them. I have a chance to do something good with my life for once, and I intend to take full advantage." 

"Well, I wouldn't say that I don't care. I had a good life before being thrown into this black pit." Lume said to Nexus as he walked back in, almost immediately regretting it. She then looked down, thoughtful. Believing in things that couldn't be explained used to be quite difficult for her, but ever since the recent events, she was seeing the world and the ponies around her with slightly new eyes: yes, perhaps something, somewhere, with more power than anypony else, forced this inevitable fate onto her and all the other Tarot users. Perhaps this same mysterious entity would have some kind of reward planned for them, be it in form of glory and pride, or something simpler such as a lesson to be learned. Either way, she decided to rest her assumptions and wonders for a while and keep on doing her part in the process of defeating their enemies.

With that, she continued listening to Nexus and Karma as they discussed the possibility of a mass light-magic attack in Delvia with the use of crystals. She assumed they knew about the situation better than her, and they even had already formed a plan, so she decided to not give any opinions on that matter and just wait for a conclusion.

Nexus once again trotted away from the hall - after mentioning contacting another Tarot holder. After a few minutes, when he came back, Lume just raised an eyebrow at him and hmph'd.

• Brohoof 1

(i have no idea what were looking for or supposed to find)

Midnight scanned the bookshelves, he didnt know exactly what he was looking for here, but mabey if he looked through everything he would find something.

As he moved deeper into the archives, the years got earlier and earlier, he then stopped at a book that didnt seem to belong there, "huh?" he tilted his head, "a history of marelin....what the hell is that doing here?" he shrugged and took the book in his teeth and started to pull it out until he heard this mechanical noise, then the ground started to shudder underneath him.

"Thats...not a good sound.." He was about to yell for help when the floor gave way, he had his wings out in case he fell, but the floor opening was so sudden he didnt have time to prepare and the only thing that happened was a loud crack coming from his left wing.

When midnight hit the bottom of the shaft he felt like the pinball in a pinball machine, the shaft took so many left and right turns and so many sharp drop offs, who in the hell built that thing? If he ever found out, he would fucking kill them.

he looked over at his bat wing, it lay limp at his side, "Oh fuck all kinds of duck." he growled, "This couldnt possibly get worse."

he heard a gutteral sound nearby followed by growling and chirping, "I just had to say that....didnt i."

((I guess I can modify the story from here... fun!))

@,

When you turn around fully, you see a large amounts of mutants- most staring at you oddly, although there are several in armor, glaring at you and drawing weapons. You notice that most of them are gathered around a large pool of a strange, clear liquid. Most of them step back as the ones in armor step forward, growling dangerously.

@@Psych Ward,

((React appropriately.))

@@@ActFast231,

Karma looked at Lume and smiled lightly. "But, of course, I can see that you are weary. All of you. So, Solar Flare, if you can take them to an unoccupied room." He smiled. "I will see you tomorrow." He bowed his head and retreated back to the large, judgelike podium at the far end of the hall. "If there is anyone else out there, send then in after you." Solar Flare nodded and stepped out.

About thirty minutes later, you find yourselves in a medium-sized room with one large bed, a couch, and a dresser. There was a chair and desk against the wall, fully stocked with writing equipment. Solar Flare smiled and said, "Tomorrow, I'll send someone to bring you up to the dining hall, where I'll meet you after breakfast." He nodded. "Good night."

((Hope you don't feel left out, BlackShard. I think that you can DM him showing your char his room.))

@,

((And now... :P What plane are you on, so that I may RP it for you and give you something to do?))

@,

As soon as the door was closed, Nexus let out a sigh. The pressures of this left him with a fatigue that he was unaware of until now. He removed the gauntlets with the short swords in them and placed them near the desk, along with his claws and grieves. His helmet was removed and placed down finally he set his chest plate down with the rest of his armor, which hit the ground hard. His PDA was hidden among the armor for safety.

Near all of the scars were gone from his chest, most of the fur returned, which was a regular blue, and he no longer looked deformed. He actually looked buffer. Not tremendously, but anypony who has seen him before would definitely notice the difference. On closer examination, he looked stronger all around, inside and out. He stood a little taller, looked more built, and had more defined features. This wasn't something that could be seen through heavy armor, but it was visible now. Nexus let out another sigh, running a hoof through his silver mane, before looking up at Lume.

"Well, tomorrow will be a busy day for all of us. Fighting the Presence, and any other demon present, saving the mutants, along with the rest of Equestria...Celestia above, I never knew being a hero would be so tiring. At least it's rewarding. I'm finally fighting for something more than just bits." Nexus walked over to the couch before promptly collapsing onto it, splayed out in an awkward position.

@, (Ravnica for simplicity's sake.)

Garrison looked around and cursed in two separate languages. Orzhov turf. Let's get someplace more friendly. Agreed. I hate thrulls. Garrison broke into a run, turned a corner and ran into a centaur. "Sorry!" They kept running, vaulting to a balcony and taking a flying leap to the overhanging roof. We've still got it. Yeah. That's a relief.

• Brohoof 1

(( OOC: Ten minutes for the elevator to go down, thirty minutes to reach the guest room... That's one enormous facility, isn't it? :P ))

@@ActFast231

"G'night..." She responded to Solar Flare before he left. Lume and Nexus had followed the Inquisitor to the bedroom they would be spending the night in. Taking a look around, the room in question was quite pleasant when compared to the rest of the base; especially because it was finally peaceful and uncrowded. When Nexus began removing his armor, she did the same: trotted over near the dresser and began carefully taking off the heavy armor pieces one by one, trying to stack them up as organized as she could.

A small mirror on top of the dresser let the mare take a better look at her completely messy mane. She frowned at the reflection and gently caressed her mane, which didn't properly straightened it but it helped a little. After that, she turned her head to meet the bat pony - and his entirely new looks. He was, as they already knew, being healed by the Tarot of Justice. Likewise, in Lume's eyes, he was getting more and more handsome. But she didn't know for sure if the card's power also had that effect. Once again lost in the colt's appearance, she wondered if he was slowly showing his true form, or if the opposite was true. Either way, she was happy for him.

"Well, tomorrow will be a busy day for all of us. Fighting the Presence, and any other demon present, saving the mutants, along with the rest of Equestria...Celestia above, I never knew being a hero would be so tiring. At least it's rewarding. I'm finally fighting for something more than just bits." Nexus walked over to the couch before promptly collapsing onto it, splayed out in an awkward position.

Lume chuckled lightly. "Yeah... In my case, I'm finally fighting in general! About time I left the safe coziness of my hometown and found some courage inside myself, facing my fears and all of that... I guess this whole 'you're a hero, stop lazing around and go save Equestria' bunch has its good sides after all. I mean... how else could I have met you?" She sat down on the bed - the only one in the room -, supporting herself on the two forelegs and looking at the ceiling.

@,

(I was under the impression that the Inquisitors were disbanded and only a few were left. Guess I was wrong.)

"Yeah... In my case, I'm finally fighting in general! About time I left the safe coziness of my hometown and found some courage inside myself, facing my fears and all of that... I guess this whole 'you're a hero, stop lazing around and go save Equestria' bunch has its good sides after all. I mean... how else could I have met you?"

That statement caused him to smirk.

"You have a point there, Lume. Feels good to actually have a loved one again." He paused, looking troubled, not that Lume could see it, as he never changed position.

"Hey, did I ever tell you about what happened to my parents?" He finally asked.

@@ActFast231 

Lume raised an ear once she heard the word "again" being said by Nexus. Not exactly because of jealously or anything like that, but as always, curiosity struck. It seemed like that bat pony had his share of stories and secrets, and as long as his privacy was respected, she would very much like to hear some of them.

"Hey, did I ever tell you about what happened to my parents?" He finally asked.

She looked back at Nexus, the same curious look on her face. "No... No, I don't think you did." Still sat down, she slid herself to the end of the bed, where she would be closer to him. "But, well... I mean, if you're okay with telling me about them. You don't have to if you don't feel comfortable."

@,

"Nah, It's cool. I have been putting it off for a while." Nexus took a deep breath, and began.

"I was born and raised in a bat pony clan based in a cave that was carved into the side of the Macintosh Hills, just south of Appleloosa. My father was a Royal Guard...or Inquisitor, as I have come to learn, and was part of Princess Luna's branch. He was her personal Guard for 3 years. My mother worked in the clans clinic, and was a trained field medic. It was from her that I was able to get into the medical field in the first place. No matter what they had going on, they would always make time for me. They would always be a shoulder to cry on, a source of laughter, comfort, happiness. I love them both so much.

"When the Guard was disbanded, my father and the other Guards stationed in town formed a militia to protect the clan. Life got tougher, but not nearly as tough as my life got after what happened. My mother stayed home more often to home school me. Though with the increased illness, she didn't have a huge amount of time. To this day, I don't know how to write anything other than my name. Even then though, any free time they got usually went to me or to each other.

"When I was 15 years of age, the changelings mounted a full scale invasion on all the bat pony clans in the Macintosh Hills. They killed and/or captured 40% of the population of my clan in the first wave. We set up a defensive perimeter around the town center and it was here that I earned my cutie mark, tending to the wounded. When they broke through, I tried to fight them off. And you saw the result of that back in Delvia. It was worse before then, as my Tarot card healed some of them by then. I fled to my home and grabbed my fathers chest plate and claws-neither of which fit me at the time, and that was when the changelings nearly killed me. My father saved me, told me to run. I did, and made it to a secret tunnel out of the cave. Reading reports later, I saw that there were no recorded survivors of the incident, save me. A years later, and I started my life as a changeling hunter, training myself in the ways of killing and healing to go on an impossible revenge quest.

"For the next 15 years, I lived alone, regret, misery, and hatred my only companions. I took up contracts for whoever would pay, and did things I may never forgive myself for. More often than not, people at best tolerated me. At worst, I was hated. Like in Fillydelphia. All they saw was a heartless, cold sword for hire. You were the first pony in 15 years to look beyond what was outside and actually look at the real me. You showed me kindness that only my parents had ever shown me. You made me feel like I was more than a killer. That I actually had goodness and normality in me. For that, I owe you a debt I may never be able to repay." Nexus had gotten into a more normal position halfway through, and by this point, had tears streaming down his eyes. They were the product of joy, and melancholy. He had a small smile on his face.

"Lume...thank you." 

@@ActFast231

Interested, Lume listened closely as Nexus spoke about his and his family's story. Her expression progressively turned into a more serious and sadder one, reaching a peak once he finished describing the changeling attack and the outcome of it. Near to the end of the story, her eyes were already watering, but she was trying hard to hold it back.

"Lume...thank you."

And the first few tears finally began running down her face, despite her best efforts. Without saying a single word, she rose up, slowly trotted over to the couch and sat down next to Nexus. She showed him a comforting smile, gently wiped his tears with her hoof and then proceeded with a hug, warmly wrapping her forelegs around him and still trying to hide her own crying with her head over his shoulder.

"You already repaid me... More than enough. You gave me things only Celestia knows if I would have ever been able to find on my own. Courage. Confidence. Somepony to love... Everything when I most needed them." She embraced him stronger. "I'm sorry to hear about your clan. But I'll be here for you, Nexus. Always."

(oh you love it thunder and you know it, what is that clear liquid anyway, PM me about it plox)

"Oh....fuck...me with an eggbeater" midnight swallowed and drew his bow, he returned the growls, causing the ones in armor to stop and chirp at him curiously, confused if he was friend or foe, this gave midnight a chance to look around, one way out and back up to the city hall, through the mutants, or through the liquid that would either kill him or change him, or was an escape route back into the tunnel.

"fuck fuck fuck..." he frowned, "what do i do...."

Edited by King Cacoon

@,

Nexus returned the embrace with his smile growing even larger.

"Likewise. And I can't take all credit. All the pep talks in the world would do nothing if there was no strength or drive in the one receiving them. You had it in you the entire time. All you needed was a nudge in the right direction." Nexus held on a little longer before moving back just enough to look Lume in the eye, a warm and large smile decorating his features. Water still gave his dull blue eyes a glossy look to them, but in them was pure affection. Shame Nexus has no idea how to do what would normally come next.

Not. A. Clue.

(He's a field medic with powers that make him a pony version of Cole Macgrath. He don't know nothin' 'bout no kissin')

Edited by ActFast231

@

((Indeed I do enjoy this. You may have bitten off more than you can chew... And it's Nexus with the magical book on all things on these mutants. Not you. Enough hints have been given to you...))

There was what appeared to be a staircase, but, coincidentally, it was on the exact opposite side of the room. The mutant guards seem to have gotten over whatever fear they might have had of you and crept forward, shields raised, slowly cornering you...

((Start thinking.))

@,

You land on the roof to see something phase away about ten feet from you- probably something Dimir- and then you run along the rooftops, catching a few glimpses of the city as you run. A Simic cytoplast graft. A pair of Boros soldiers making their way down the street.

Eventually, given about ten minutes and a few changes in direction, you find yourself on a rooftop overlooking a different symbol. A flaming skull. Rakdos territory.

@@ActFast231@

((Continue your interaction. I will have something else for you to do here in a bit))

you are one strict son of a bitch but isnt that why we all love you :3)

"well shit...take the liquid.." he drew and nocked an arrow pulling it back to full draw, finding a opening in the shields he let the arrow fly, skimming between the shields and into the side of one of the creatures causing it to shreik "and take my life into my own hooves beacuse i certanly dont know what it is...or.....kill or wound all the beings and get the buck out of here....god why do i have to be so caring..." he nocked and drew another arrow, the remaining creatures closed their shields together.

"they learn fast dont they..." he looked around "unlucky for them, archery is one of my obscure talents..." he drew the bow to full draw and raised it a bit, and released it, the arrow sailed over the ones in armor, who turned back to midnight and grinned, midnight on the other hand was smiling himself, and pointed.

the guard turned and their eyes widened as a bunch of barrels came clobbering their way, and with no way out the heavy barrels of cider collided with the tentacle guards like a bowling ball with a bunch of pins.

"that was simple.." midnight avoided touching the guards slowly approaching the pool, poking it with his hoof

(beacuse tempting fate is fun)

@Remember. Eyes in front. It's easy to get lost in here, in more ways than one. Garrison dropped down from the roof, almost landing on a devil. "Sorry mate." They quickly walked away, ducking into an alleyway and going out the other side, avoiding the peddler who seemed to be selling body parts on a stick as snacks. We're looking for a bigass sign that's covered in fake jewels and stuff.

• Brohoof 1

(( OOC: So... Smooching time? mlp-fs-oops.png  Gonna put everything in spoilers so people won't vomit. ))

@@ActFast231

"Heheh... I guess..." Lume replied before slightly retreating so their sights could meet. At that point, she had already stopped crying, though her eyes were still shining with the tears, just like Nexus'. An image of herself could be seen barely reflected in the bat pony's deep blue eyes as she smiled back at him for a few more seconds, her arms still gracefully resting on his shoulders.

She remembered a few days ago, back in Delvia, when they were left alone in the training room. From the few books she had read throughout her life that had some romance in them, supposedly there is a common way to seal the feeling of love ponies have for one another; a beautiful gesture used to express a couple's burning passion. A few days ago, back in Delvia, when they were left alone in the training room. She didn't quite blame Inquisitor Solar Flare for interrupting the called ritual back then, but this time, she hoped nopony would come inside the room unexpectedly again.

The corners of her mouth slowly descended and her lips arched forth. The mare then closed her eyes and leaned towards Nexus, approaching her muzzle to his - everything in the same calm, quiet pace. Her heartbeat rocketed and her whole body warmed up, causing a few sweat drops to randomly appear on her orange fur. Her forelegs once again crossed behind the bat colt and the space between their lips shortened more and more, until... a kiss.

The storied gesture representing the purest form of trust and affection, successful at last.

(( OOC²: Don't think Lume forgot about the PDA, though~ ...Or at least she will remember about it eventually. ))

@,

(Damn, it looks like I have been dethroned as the master of hallmark-esqu writing. Well Done, madam.)

Nexus didn't quite notice what Lume was doing until she was about an inch from him. And then they made contact. The hunter could feel a jolt course through his body, but a pleasant one. Slowly his eyes drooped closed, and he put his forelegs into a comfortable position around her-which happened to be her back. He decided it best not to over think such matters and just let instinct take over, doing his best to kiss back. His entire body was filled with a warmth that was beyond anything he has ever known, but it almost instantly removed all fatigue and pressure from him. Soon, the need for air was too great to ignore, and he pulled back, breathing heavily, but never breaking his gaze with Lume. He attempted speech, but this was the only statement his mind was capable of producing in the wake of this.

"I love you."