Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theater experiences

daflyinskwirl

So I wanted to see Equestria Girls. 

I found a theater reasonably close to me and after some careful thought I decided to talk my niece in to coming along.. just as a 'decoy' of sorts in case it was full of moms and daughters.

wow, was I completely wrong as to what I was walking in to.

as we walked into the theater I could hear a commotion and a pretty diverse group of people, old and young, boys and girls.

what was the commotion? they were singing MLP songs

so I did the only reasonable thing a brony could do.

I sang along.

This is my first 'mass' public brony experience I've ever had. 

I loved every second of it. it was great being there with other people... MY people =D

I brohoofed a complete stranger cuz he had a Rarity hat on complete with ears and horn.

oh, and the movie was pretty sweet too, I enjoyed it a lot.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I did not enjoy the people in the theatre, personally.  During the theme song, people were literally dancing to it and clapping their hands.  That was the first piss-off.

Every time a background pony showed up in human form, the people in the theatre went wild, and screamed and laughed.  Second piss-off.

People were generally loud whenever something funny or exciting happened, third piss-off.

I'm all for community and having fun, don't get me wrong.  But I'm also firm believer in when the movie starts, there should be ZERO noise, no matter the reason.

I'll be straight up honest, there were a couple people in that theatre I wish I could have smacked hahaha.

But then again, the strangest people come out in New York, there really isn't much I can do about that.

TL;DR The movie 10/10

The audience 3/10.  The audience really ruined it for me, there were times when I couldn't even hear the dialogue in the movie.

Edit:  In the seats in front of me, there were some lesbians who kept kissing each other throughout the movie.

Which normally, I wouldn't have a problem with.  (Heh heh heh).

But I noticed that behind me, there was a father with his little girl, and I can't imagine him having to explain the concept of homosexuality to his little girl after just trying to take her to see a kids movie.

Edited by Level3rd

Oh don't get me wrong, I would love to meet more brony people in my area as well!  I'm not object to that in any way.

I just believe that there is a time and place for everything, and a theatre is not the place for yelling and screaming about how much you love the CMC.

• Brohoof 1

oh, everyone was pretty quiet during the movie. definitely good movie 'manners'

but before the show everyone was just singing songs from the show... actually, about 5 or 8 boys and girls who actually sounded pretty good. 

I HAD to sing along lol

and, they were singing the find a pet song... def one of my favorites

if they were singing the smile song, or a true true friend I probably would have went nuts

def some pointing out of background ponies.. but not disruptive announcements... although I did get quite excited and announced when I spotted derpy in the halls of the high school.

Well living all the way out here in England we are not worthy enough to have this movie in our cinemas so I can't comment on any of this.

. . .

Not that I'm BITTER about that or anything!

• Brohoof 1

I count my lucky stars that a theater was within an hour of my house.

the cameos alone made the movie so much more fun

I was trying to pick them all out but wow I was overwhelmed.

The other people in the theater were very obnoxious, yelling out at random times, and giving commentary on the movie all the way through.

My experience with the movie & the audience was about average. Had nothing notable that was negative. Everyone was mostly respectable of each other and from what I could gather, most of the people enjoyed the experience. I sure did smile.png

it was my first real exposure to the fandom that extended beyond a computer screen.

makes me want to go to brony con even more and meet and talk to other bronies, and just finally let loose