Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [Private] Outcasts of the Everfree Forest OOC Thread

--Thunder Bolt--

In the magical land of Equestria, ponies live together happily in a world of friendship and fun.  But there are some whose differences from others are too great, who have not been able to experience the magic of friendship for themselves.  These ponies found refuge in the dark and mysterious Everfree Forest.  And soon, they will find each other...

This is the OOC Planning Thread for Outcasts of the Everfree Forest, a private RP consisting of the following three characters:

Atlas

Starshine

Sunyatay Sutra

One question for the participants: Do we want this to be an Advanced RP (with a 200 character minimum per post) or just do a regular RP?

• Brohoof 2

In the magical land of Equestria, ponies live together happily in a world of friendship and fun.  But there are some whose differences from others are too great, who have not been able to experience the magic of friendship for themselves.  These ponies found refuge in the dark and mysterious Everfree Forest.  And soon, they will find each other...

This is the OOC Planning Thread for Outcasts of the Everfree Forest, a private RP consisting of the following three characters:

Atlas

Starshine

Sunyatay Sutra

One question for the participants: Do we want this to be an Advanced RP (with a 200 character minimum per post) or just do a regular RP?

It's up! Yay!

*ahem*

I'd prefer a regular RP if that's alright. I already struggle enough with the character limits as it is.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Took me danged forever to open this thread ;-;

IIRC the character minimum in advanced is 800, while the regular one is 200. I'm pretty much okay with either way, but the regular character minimum make for a much easier interaction.

Oh, and do Atlas and Sunyatay have any kind of shelter in the forest? In my OC's profile page Starshine has a small hut not too far from Zecora's, I rather doubt we can do much with that alone.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Took me danged forever to open this thread ;-;

IIRC the character minimum in advanced is 800, while the regular one is 200. I'm pretty much okay with either way, but the regular character minimum make for a much easier interaction.

Oh, and do Atlas and Sunyatay have any kind of shelter in the forest? In my OC's profile page Starshine has a small hut not too far from Zecora's, I rather doubt we can do much with that alone.

Atlas has a little garden somewhere in the middle of the Everfree. He does indeed have somewhere "safe" X3

Sunyatay hasn't been in the Everfree long enough to have built a true home.  She has an improvised shelter not too far from the Ponyville boundary of the Forest.  She'll be closer to Starshine's residence (since Zecora seems to be fairly close to Ponyville).

Are we ready to open the IC thread?

@@Blue Blaze,

Sorry, this is a private RP for the three characters already in it.  There are plenty of good RP's out there to join.  Just a bit of advice: you'll have better luck being accepted into RP's when you have a developed OC bio entered into the Character Database, which you can link to so that prospective GM's can decide if your character is a good fit for their game.  Also, you should apply to public games, rather than private ones. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I'm going to go with Regular as the format.  I'm in an Advanced RP, and that 800 character minimum is rather annoying when you're just doing a conversation and don't really have cause to include long descriptive passages. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I'm going to go with Regular as the format.  I'm in an Advanced RP, and that 800 character minimum is rather annoying when you're just doing a conversation and don't really have cause to include long descriptive passages. smile.png

My thoughts exactly. I have issues enough padding things out for 100 Characters here on the forum X3

For me the main reason to label an RP "Advanced" is to attract more experienced writers.  A character limit per se doesn't really accomplish that.  It's still possible to godmode for 800 characters' worth of TextSpeak.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yay for regular RP :3

Oh and for the note... Sometimes I'm kinda occupied with my work over here, so I apologize beforehand if I take a long time between replies x_x

Atlas has a little garden somewhere in the middle of the Everfree. He does indeed have somewhere "safe" X3

Little garden? I imagined with his humongous size he would need huge garden to farm a whole lot of crops to feed himself wacko.png

It's still possible to godmode for 800 characters' worth of TextSpeak.

Oh Celestia don't remind me of that, I still have nightmares from that kind of RPing DX Edited by Starshine

Little garden? I imagined with his humongous size he would need huge garden to farm a whole lot of corpses to feed himself wacko.png

...Atlas doesn't eat Ponies. Or meat -_-

He eats Trees instead X3

The garden is closer to someone who grows one of those little Japanese trees and such.

Haha, I was just about to say, "Corpses?  I didn't see 'carrion eater' anywhere in his bio..."  *Imagines a grimdark version of Atlas in which his "garden" is thousands of victims impaled on stakes a la Vlad "the Impaler" Tepes, aka Dracula, from which he nibbles his victims' flesh like shish kabobs*  *shudder*

Also, I see what you did there:

Atlas was set to work, plowing the fields and attending to other menial, repetitive tasks. Atlas was scolded when he refused to do work, or tried to take time off.

Eventually, Atlas decided he had enough. One day, Atlas finally snapped.

Atlas didn't Shrug, he stomped. :D

• Brohoof 1

...Atlas doesn't eat Ponies. Or meat sleep.png

He eats Trees instead X3

The garden is closer to someone who grows one of those little Japanese trees and such.

Blasted typos... I meant corps, not corpses D:

It would be damn scary to see something that is both familiar and huge chomping down on your kin.

(edited)

Haha, I was just about to say, "Corpses?  I didn't see 'carrion eater' anywhere in his bio..."  *Imagines a grimdark version of Atlas in which his "garden" is thousands of victims impaled on stakes a la Vlad "the Impaler" Tepes, aka Dracula, from which he nibbles his victims' flesh like shish kabobs*  *shudder*

Also, I see what you did there:

Atlas didn't Shrug, he stomped. biggrin.png

Ayn Rand reference. Classy X3

Yeah, there's a lot of reasons we tried staying away from that sort of thing. Trust me, I see some pretty HORRIBLE FORCES on a frequent basis with that sort of thing...never mind the fact he's still an Earth Pony, so he'd get sick if he tried it X3

Blasted typos... I meant corps, not corpses D:

It would be damn scary to see something that is both familiar and huge chomping down on your kin. 

Ah, no harm done...I hope... O_O

Edited by Gabriel Smith
  • Brohoof 1

Other than Grimdark Corpse-eater Atlas stomping his way through our nightmares, noooo, no harm done at all! wink.png

Well that Atlas kinda walks though Atlas's own nightmares at any rate.

But the two of you do bring up a subject me and bronydom need to sit down and talk about at some point anyway.

But the two of you do bring up a subject me and bronydom need to sit down and talk about at some point anyway.

*Curiosity Imperative activated*

What, the tendency of bronies to favor grimdark stories and RP's?  I do find that a bit odd myself, given how many bronies will do the whole "I don't wanna live on this planet anymore!  Humans Are Bastards!  I wanna live in Equestria where it's all Magic of Frienship!  But check out my vampire Fallout Equestria raider OC!" thing.

*Curiosity Imperative activated*

What, the tendency of bronies to favor grimdark stories and RP's?  I do find that a bit odd myself, given how many bronies will do the whole "I don't wanna live on this planet anymore!  Humans Are Bastards!  I wanna live in Equestria where it's all Magic of Frienship!  But check out my vampire Fallout Equestria raider OC!" thing.

No, it's a bit more...closer to home than that unfortunately. I'll make it this week's blog. Though the idea of a "Cliche OC" is something we need to talk about too X3

Cliche OC? You mean the oh-no-I'm-so-sad-and-dark emo types? We have them by the hundreds in the character database ohmy.png

Exactly, but that's future plans. Before that, I feel as if we need to discuss something more...uncomfortable. Assuming anybody reads anything I put out ever X3

@@Gabriel Smith,

Link to your blog?

In my earlier post, I wasn't quite clear, as I wasn't really targeting "Cliche OC's" as much as the curious tendency of many in the brony community to condemn our world in comparison to Equestria, but then, as soon as they get a chance to simulate living there in an RP, they go and make it a bombed-out ruin/Gothic nightmare/some other sort of gritty/grimdark/doom-and-gloom setting.  Maybe it's not the same set of bronies doing both, but it seems a bit weird to me that both behavior patterns seem so common.

Exactly, but that's future plans. Before that, I feel as if we need to discuss something more...uncomfortable. Assuming anybody reads anything I put out ever X3

You would need to put up a repeated status updates about your blog to advertise it. Some people here loves to spam out weird blogs with nothing but one-liner :o

...but then, as soon as they get a chance to simulate living there in an RP, they go and make it a bombed-out ruin/Gothic nightmare/some other sort of gritty/grimdark/doom-and-gloom setting.

Ah... I guess I understand what you mean. I believe it's somewhere inbetween. There are a lot of bronies who love doing that comparing thing while preferring the grimdark-er roleplaying, but there are also a lot of bronies who only do one of those things. Can't really blame them, though, grimdark settings if done right can be quite awesome to roleplay in, but so far I've only seen sillydark instead of grimdark around these parts.

@@Gabriel Smith,

Link to your blog?

In my earlier post, I wasn't quite clear, as I wasn't really targeting "Cliche OC's" as much as the curious tendency of many in the brony community to condemn our world in comparison to Equestria, but then, as soon as they get a chance to simulate living there in an RP, they go and make it a bombed-out ruin/Gothic nightmare/some other sort of gritty/grimdark/doom-and-gloom setting.  Maybe it's not the same set of bronies doing both, but it seems a bit weird to me that both behavior patterns seem so common.

Yeah, about that...Equestria isn't quite all Sunshine and Roses (as some parts of the show subtly hint at), but I'm not sure I'd call it a Grimdark doom-and-gloom setting either X3

You would need to put up a repeated status updates about your blog to advertise it. Some people here loves to spam out weird blogs with nothing but one-liner ohmy.png

Ah... I guess I understand what you mean. I believe it's somewhere inbetween. There are a lot of bronies who love doing that comparing thing while preferring the grimdark-er roleplaying, but there are also a lot of bronies who only do one of those things. Can't really blame them, though, grimdark settings if done right can be quite awesome to roleplay in, but so far I've only seen sillydark instead of grimdark around these parts.

Well, here's the Archive with three (technically two) up so far. May contain heavy amounts of unpopular opinion, snark and cynicism, but otherwise I try to keep it perfectly SFW X3

And no, neither of you are even remotely close to guessing what it is. To the Bloggermobile!

*60's Batman-esque transition X3*

Well, here's the Archive with three (technically two) up so far. May contain heavy amounts of unpopular opinion, snark and cynicism, but otherwise I try to keep it perfectly SFW X3

Hm, I'll give it a read after the work. Right now something nasty is happening here x_x

In any case, any ideas on when would we start with the roleplay?