Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help needed in thinking of a OC name.

Your Nightly Spectre

So i have everything for the OC, the look, background and other stuff. (He shall be used for a Fanfic) But i cant think of a name. I was thinking Thunderblaze. But i saw other OC's have that name so it wont be that original. Anyway i like the idea of having Thunder or Blaze in the name. 

Im here to ask you my fellow bronies to help me and suggest a name for him. Since i cant think of anything tongue.png Take note that he is an outlaw pony. 

So please leave your suggestions/ideas in the comments. 

Oh and here is the way he looks. You can download it. tongue.png

post-16949-0-89785400-1373053021_thumb.png

Unless you guys think Thunderblaze is okay. And i shouldn't care that some random OC somewhere is named like that.

Oh and my friend suggested Black Armor. It would kinda fit to him and his personality. But then you have Shining Armor. And that ruins it. So anyway. Please give me your suggestions. :D Also add a noter note. He is not EVIL. Infact he hates being an outlaw and has a certain guilt for his past.     

• Brohoof 1

So i have everything for the OC, the look, background and other stuff. (He shall be used for a Fanfic) But i cant think of a name. I was thinking Thunderblaze. But i saw other OC's have that name so it wont be that original. Anyway i like the idea of having Thunder or Blaze in the name. 

Im here to ask you my fellow bronies to help me and suggest a name for him. Since i cant think of anything tongue.png Take note that he is an outlaw pony. 

So please leave your suggestions/ideas in the comments. 

Oh and here is the way he looks. You can download it. tongue.png

attachicon.gifOC.png

The first thing that came to my mind when I looked at your OC was Golden Compass. He looks like an adventurer, and he has a gold streak in his hair.

Hope I helped. :)

• Brohoof 1

The first thing that came to my mind when I looked at your OC was Golden Compass. He looks like an adventurer, and he has a gold streak in his hair.

Hope I helped. smile.png

I love that name :D I might just use it. But i still think i will wait for other people's idea. But i overall really love it :)

How about...Black Stealth. Seems like that would fit him, for he's an outlaw and is an alicorn, which makes a very stealthy OC. He could even be an evil spy. 

I dont exactly like the name :P I dont like the Black at the beginning. A lot of my friends say things alike aka '' Black (Something) ''

Anyway what a funny coincidence. I was just reading one of your post not long ago. The one with the piano music that you made. Really liked it :P 

• Brohoof 1

Anyway what a funny coincidence. I was just reading one of your post not long ago. The one with the piano music that you made. Really liked it  

Was it the "Helping Twilight Win the Crown (20% Cooler Special Double Piano Edition)?

Anyway, something with the name Stealth should go. Stealth should definitely be in his name.  

Lightning Stealth? Thunder Night? Storm Speed? Dark Feathers? Lightning Strike? Maybe Shady Bolt or Gold Streak. By the way, I wouldn't have him as an alicorn.

(edited)

Yay, an Alicorn OC. dry.png Lol, sorry, don't mind me, you can have an alicorn if you want!

Dust Strike. I don't know why that is what I thought of but it is. He's greyish, dust, and he has yellow in his mane. Strike. Like, lighting strike. Either that or Night Strike. Whatever you want, I guess, it's your OC! happy.png

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

Yay, an Alicorn OC. img-1623902-1-dry.png Lol, sorry, don't mind me, you can have an alicorn if you want!

Dust Strike. I don't know why that is what I thought of but it is. He's greyish, dust, and he has yellow in his mane. Strike. Like, lighting strike. Either that or Night Strike. Whatever you want, I guess, it's your OC! img-1623902-2-happy.png

I knew people wont like the Alicorn OC part. A lot of people have Alicorn OC's. Especially the girls :P Im not sure if you find many Stalion Alicorns out there. 

I really didn't want a alicorn at the beginning. But after i got the part to choose, unicorn or Pegasus. I really couldn't decide. 

While Unicorns would be able to use magic and stuff. I found that it would be interesting for him to be the Pegasus. Besides he looks very epic with the wings. :P  So after about 10 minutes i just went like. ''Screw it. Im making an Alicorn. '' 

(edited)

I like Thunder Flame, just because the orange streak in his mane reminds me of fire, so I just thought Flame. Thunder Flame! Hope you like. I may think of something else later on, or Golden Thunder! You choose! But I still love the colors you chose. Oh and it's great that he's a male alicorn. It means he's special and awesome!

Edited by Pink Mist

(edited)

I knew people wont like the Alicorn OC part. A lot of people have Alicorn OC's. Especially the girls tongue.png Im not sure if you find many Stalion Alicorns out there. 

I really didn't want a alicorn at the beginning. But after i got the part to choose, unicorn or Pegasus. I really couldn't decide. 

While Unicorns would be able to use magic and stuff. I found that it would be interesting for him to be the Pegasus. Besides he looks very epic with the wings. tongue.png  So after about 10 minutes i just went like. ''Screw it. Im making an Alicorn. '' 

Aw, don't fret. Yours actually looks all right as an alicorn! In fact, I do think we need at least one alicorn male in the show. It would be kinda weird if there weren't. happy.png Personally, I don't like the look of a horn on my OC's. I don't really know why. That's why all of mine are pegasi. On other's OC's, however, it looks fine. It's a conspiracy! laugh.png

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm.  Firewind?  Pyro Fury?  Hephaestus Blaze?  Volcanfire?  When I see his color scheme (nice, BTW), I think of a plume of black smoke shot through with flames.  What is his cutie mark?  What sort of "outlawry" does he do?  By the looks of him he could be anything from a fairly innocent/harmless lookout for a gang of petty thieves to the pony Genghis Khan ("I really hate building these pyramids of skulls, but it's the only way to unite the Horseclans and bring and end to the permanent warfare of the Eastern Steppes"), but for all I know he's just into insider trading and manipulating the futures markets. ;)

(edited)

Hmm.  Firewind?  Pyro Fury?  Hephaestus Blaze?  Volcanfire?  When I see his color scheme (nice, BTW), I think of a plume of black smoke shot through with flames.  What is his cutie mark?  What sort of "outlawry" does he do?  By the looks of him he could be anything from a fairly innocent/harmless lookout for a gang of petty thieves to the pony Genghis Khan ("I really hate building these pyramids of skulls, but it's the only way to unite the Horseclans and bring and end to the permanent warfare of the Eastern Steppes"), but for all I know he's just into insider trading and manipulating the futures markets. img-1624282-1-wink.png

Well he is a Highwaypony. Aka A Highwayman pony. He works in a gang. He robs, kills. And other stuff. His first crime was murdering someone. Totally not by his fault. But the authorities didn't believe him. He had to run away. And staying with the outlaws seemed like the only way to stay alive. Since they were the ones that helped him. He ended up enjoying his job. Robbing caravans, trains. Lonely passengers. Sometimes murdering.

He kept hiding that he was an alicorn, never showing his wings. But now he is looking at his past. And he decides that there is something wrong with his life. To what he has become. NOW the fanfic comes in. Where everything changes for him durring one of his robberies. And an unpleasant order that he has to follow. The rest you will be able to see when i finish the fanfic. smile.png

Hope I helped. smile.png

Okay so far this is what im going for. Golden Compass. But i have to ask you. How would this work out practically? How would the others call him? Would they call him Golden? Or Compass? Or Goldey tongue.png Since we all know not everyone would call someone their full name. Especially if their friends. Its cool but how would it work? ''Hey Golden Compass. How are you? '' ''Hey Golden, how are you? '' '' Hey Compass, how are you? '' Any ideas?

----

Also again to InvisiblePinkUnicorn. 

Im not sure about the hiding Alicorn part. Im not sure if he should be hiding it. Or should the group know that he is an Alicorn. I really cant make up on that. 

----

Keep those suggestions going! I still need more ideas. There are a few i like here. But nothing that can really satisfy me. 

Golden Compass i really liked but its impractical in actual use. 

Gold Streak i found interesting.

Anyway keep the suggestions coming!  

Edited by Lowca21
  • Brohoof 1

One problem with Golden Compass is that it's the title of a well-known book/movie. ;)  His gang could call him G.C..  As for hiding his Alicorn-ness, I'm not really sure why he'd want to do that.  If anything, it would have helped him gain status and power in his gang, and wings are awfully handy for a getaway when the Royal Guards show up unexpectedly.  It'd be a shame to have 'em all covered up and unable to be used in a pinch.

Firelight Glare?  Jesse Flames?  Mohammad Alicorn (I know, doesn't really fit, but I couldn't resist).  If you genderflipped him, Filly the Kid. I'll post more if I think of more.

(edited)

One problem with Golden Compass is that it's the title of a well-known book/movie. img-1625736-1-wink.png  His gang could call him G.C..  As for hiding his Alicorn-ness, I'm not really sure why he'd want to do that.  If anything, it would have helped him gain status and power in his gang, and wings are awfully handy for a getaway when the Royal Guards show up unexpectedly.  It'd be a shame to have 'em all covered up and unable to be used in a pinch.

Firelight Glare?  Jesse Flames?  Mohammad Alicorn (I know, doesn't really fit, but I couldn't resist).  If you genderflipped him, Filly the Kid. I'll post more if I think of more.

Firelight would be a cool name. But my other OC is called Darklight so yeah... 

---

Keep hitting me with ideas! There were a lot of good ones. But none were perfect.

---

Alright so i drew the pony(EXPECT TO SEE HIS PICTURE AS SOON AS I TAKE A PICTURE OF HIS) . And some ideas came to my head. 

Thunder Streak. Or maybe Thunder Strike. Thou i still like the idea with Golden Compass. But Thunder Streak sounds kinda cool. Thou it might be taken. What do you guys think? 

To:

Aw, don't fret. Yours actually looks all right as an alicorn! In fact, I do think we need at least one alicorn male in the show. It would be kinda weird if there weren't. img-1624128-3-happy.png Personally, I don't like the look of a horn on my OC's. I don't really know why. That's why all of mine are pegasi. On other's OC's, however, it looks fine. It's a conspiracy! img-1624128-4-laugh.png

I like Thunder Flame, just because the orange streak in his mane reminds me of fire, so I just thought Flame. Thunder Flame! Hope you like. I may think of something else later on, or Golden Thunder! You choose! But I still love the colors you chose. Oh and it's great that he's a male alicorn. It means he's special and awesome!

Was it the "Helping Twilight Win the Crown (20% Cooler Special Double Piano Edition)?

Anyway, something with the name Stealth should go. Stealth should definitely be in his name.  

Hope I helped. img-1625736-4-smile.png

I also had the idea of Thunder Star. Or Thunderstar. 

Blazing Ash, Thunder Ash.

Once again please tell me wich of these sounds best. But also keep giving me your ideas!

Edited by Lowca21

(edited)

I just got the idea of not having him be a Alicorn from. I will leave that for somewhere further in the fanfic. I have a great idea where. tongue.png

Im also going to put up some hand made pictures of him soon :) Be aware. 

Edited by Lowca21
  • Brohoof 1

I just got the idea of not having him be a Alicorn from. I will leave that for somewhere further in the fanfic. I have a great idea where. img-1629792-1-tongue.png

Im also going to put up some hand made pictures of him soon smile.png Be aware. 

You can have him as an alicorn. Mine will be. I like magic and I like flying, so why not have both. It doesn't matter what others really say, In the end it's your decision. Im currently writting a FanFic and if i can manage it ill be releasing the first chapter today, and besides a alicorn stallion is needed in the show if you ask me. Even if he is there for one episode just to confirm that there are male alicorns in the pony world.

(edited)

Here you go guys! I made a draw version of the OC! Tell me how i did! Oh and also im still looking for a better name. So far nothing really satisfied me. 

Anyway here is a version of him without and with a cloak thing-y. The version without, i think looks cooler

post-16949-0-89971400-1373497369_thumb.jpgpost-16949-0-49463000-1373497393_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lowca21