Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Castlevania

Discordian

My favorite Castlevania is Aria of Sorrow, but Symphony comes close. First one I ever beat fully was Castlevania 3, way back when lol.

I dunno if it was mentioned, but on Konami's facebook, they had a link to a kickstarter, to go with a game based on the 1999 Dracula Battle with Julius. Personaly, I'd love to see that.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Castlevania is Aria of Sorrow, but Symphony comes close. First one I ever beat fully was Castlevania 3, way back when lol.

I dunno if it was mentioned, but on Konami's facebook, they had a link to a kickstarter, to go with a game based on the 1999 Dracula Battle with Julius. Personaly, I'd love to see that.

Aria of Sorrow was my favorite for a long time. I couldn't choose between that or Dawn of Sorrow for the longest time.

I want the 1999 battle so bad. I may be alone in this but I really hope that when they make it that it comes in the form of 3D Castlevania.

yeah, AoS is my favorite CV in the advance, and is my favorite metroidvania overall (Order of Ecclesia is on the top BTW)

DAFUQ? A FREAKING KICKSTARTER FOR CASTLEVANIA 99? hell, I need the link. Do you happen to have it?

• Brohoof 1

yeah, AoS is my favorite CV in the advance, and is my favorite metroidvania overall (Order of Ecclesia is on the top BTW)

DAFUQ? A FREAKING KICKSTARTER FOR CASTLEVANIA 99? hell, I need the link. Do you happen to have it?

Just went through Konami's FB page, and it'snot there...they took it down...wonder why.

So, this video.

I was disappointed that the final fight with Isaac never appeared once on his list.

Watching this I got to talking to my brother about Castlevania and it's timeline which lead me to a Castlevania Wiki and so on and so forth...

I love how the series tells it's story pretty straightforwardly if you play a majority of the games but also leaves enough ambiguity for theory. One of the biggest, and one of my favorite, points of debate is Soma's origins and how it connects to the events of Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

General series spoilers ahead.

I've heard it theorized that Soma himself is, in fact, from Romania/Austria where the original Castlevania was through most of the series. This might have some connection to his true identity as the reincarnation of Dracula.

There is no official word on where he was from in spite of being known as a transfer student in Japan, conveniently, in the year 2035 when Aria of Sorrow takes place as far as I know. Still makes you think though.

Another thing: It's been proven that vampires can breed with humans because of the existence of Alucard. There's also theories that Eric Lecarde (owner of the Alucard Spear) is actually a descendant of Maria and Alucard though, again, there is no official word on this but the familiar name "Lecarde" may be an allusion to this.

I'd say it's entirely possible that after his "turning over a new leaf" bit after the events of Symphony of the Night (that get overturned less than a century later, possibly due to the dark influence of Chaos and humanity's cry for his existence) that he again took a human lover who could have in some way led down the line to the existence of Soma. Soma could not only be the reincarnation but maybe even a blood descendant of Dracula which would explain his power of dominance. He probably just didn't show his vampire blood because of generations of diluting the blood by mixing it with more and more human blood.

This would also explain why Eric, assuming the theory of his possible familial connection to Alucard, didn't show any sign of vampirism and even had the Alucard Spear created by Alucard himself.

In the end it's all theory though. We may never know as not nearly enough details of Soma's origins are told in the Sorrow games. Maybe in the 1999 game? Julius isn't the only one who took on Dracula. He had a full team with him but we never did find out who all helped him.

So, this video.

I was disappointed that the final fight with Isaac never appeared once on his list.Watching this I got to talking to my brother about Castlevania and it's timeline which lead me to a Castlevania Wiki and so on and so forth...I love how the series tells it's story pretty straightforwardly if you play a majority of the games but also leaves enough ambiguity for theory. One of the biggest, and one of my favorite, points of debate is Soma's origins and how it connects to the events of Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.General series spoilers ahead.

I've heard it theorized that Soma himself is, in fact, from Romania/Austria where the original Castlevania was through most of the series. This might have some connection to his true identity as the reincarnation of Dracula.There is no official word on where he was from in spite of being known as a transfer student in Japan, conveniently, in the year 2035 when Aria of Sorrow takes place as far as I know. Still makes you think though.Another thing: It's been proven that vampires can breed with humans because of the existence of Alucard. There's also theories that Eric Lecarde (owner of the Alucard Spear) is actually a descendant of Maria and Alucard though, again, there is no official word on this but the familiar name "Lecarde" may be an allusion to this.I'd say it's entirely possible that after his "turning over a new leaf" bit after the events of Symphony of the Night (that get overturned less than a century later, possibly due to the dark influence of Chaos and humanity's cry for his existence) that he again took a human lover who could have in some way led down the line to the existence of Soma. Soma could not only be the reincarnation but maybe even a blood descendant of Dracula which would explain his power of dominance. He probably just didn't show his vampire blood because of generations of diluting the blood by mixing it with more and more human blood.This would also explain why Eric, assuming the theory of his possible familial connection to Alucard, didn't show any sign of vampirism and even had the Alucard Spear created by Alucard himself.In the end it's all theory though. We may never know as not nearly enough details of Soma's origins are told in the Sorrow games. Maybe in the 1999 game? Julius isn't the only one who took on Dracula. He had a full team with him but we never did find out who all helped him.

Dude, yeah excellent battles, and I agree with the top one, that was truly amazing. Though, my favorite final boss is Trevor's act in Mirror of Fate, because it has the most emotional and tearjerker ending I've seen

Dude, yeah excellent battles, and I agree with the top one, that was truly amazing. Though, my favorite final boss is Trevor's act in Mirror of Fate, because it has the most emotional and tearjerker ending I've seen

I love that scene. As if Gabriel wasn't my favorite Belmont already they just keep adding more awesome. I can't wait to get and play LoS2 but it won't be for a good while until I can. :(

I don't know why but I've never liked young Drac, except when he was still Matthias in LoI and obviously Aria/Dawn of Sorrow. I always liked him more when he's an old man. He just looks cooler that way.

I love that scene. As if Gabriel wasn't my favorite Belmont already they just keep adding more awesome. I can't wait to get and play LoS2 but it won't be for a good while until I can. :(I don't know why but I've never liked young Drac, except when he was still Matthias in LoI and obviously Aria/Dawn of Sorrow. I always liked him more when he's an old man. He just looks cooler that way.

I'll write how's the game, but I won't be able to play it until 28, since I don't "process" my PS3 in my vacation.

I like my Drac younger, that's why his Order of Ecclesia incarnation is my favorite, let's not get started with his amazing laugh (Soma's laught in Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow is better though)

I'll write how's the game, but I won't be able to play it until 28, since I don't "process" my PS3 in my vacation.

I like my Drac younger, that's why his Order of Ecclesia incarnation is my favorite, let's not get started with his amazing laugh (Soma's laught in Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow is better though)

Isn't Order of Ecclesia old Drac?

DraculaPortraitEcclesia.jpg

I guess he does look a little younger than usual in this one. Maybe he's inbetween. If he was fully regenerated he'd have smooth black hair.

:P Does this 'count' as Castlevania? it has Dracula! 

Hes tall! He teleports! (I'm just pulling your legs!) Same color scheme! lifts up his cape to throw stuff! (again just pulling your legs!) :lol: oh yeah! And has an awesome theme!!!

Edited by Mr.Green
  • Brohoof 1

:P Does this 'count' as Castlevania? it has Dracula! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzgdYXsUkY

Hes tall! He teleports! (I'm just pulling your legs!) Same color scheme! lifts up his cape to throw stuff! (again just pulling your legs!) :lol: oh yeah! And has an awesome theme!!!

He even transforms into a dragon/demon form. It's almost hard to believe it's a coincidence cuz this looks like a Castlevania references all over. Even the music!

One more reason to download ducktales remastered, nothing but good stuff since the original, can't believe I didn't got it when I had my NES. Oh well, I didn't buy 100 dollars in PSN for nothing anyway

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 1

I was only around 4 when I had an NES so not a whole lot of room for exploring it's game library. Especially when you had no choice in what games you got.

The Ducktales Remastered game looks utterly amazing though. I like this whole "old games revival" kick developers have been on. It can only mean good things.

• Brohoof 1