Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Summer Camp!

DarligPegasi

@@Ampharos,
Art Streak frowned when Blaze said no, but quickly covered it up. "Keep yourself cool," she thought. "Do you have any ideas to pass the time? That donkey is taking forever, and there isn't really anything to do. Unless you know how to fly, of course," she said. Thinking about racing got her fired up.

@,

Blaze pondered the idea. "I don't fly much. I'm actually decent for some reason. But yea not fast or anything, if that's what your getting at." He thought he saw a frown on Artsy's face but it was covered up so quickly that he just shrugged it off as not happening. Gah why won't the bloody donkey tell us what we're gonna do already?! 

@@DarligPegasi

Sorrow didn't tell that the pony inside would tap her. She managed to get tapped on the wing, and when that happened, she screamed out, jumping out of the bed and falling to the floor, grabbing the blanket and trying to conceal herself under it.  Not to mention she was drastically shaking from fear.

"So, Rose, what do you do in your free time?" Emerald asked. "I like to write and swim. I also like shiny jewels, they're s pretty! I really like emeralds!" She was becoming a chatterbox, before she caught herself. 'Don't let your ADHD take over, Emerald,' she told herself in her mind. Se looked at Rose, calming down a little, and her excited grin turned to a plain smile.

(edited)

@@Ampharos,
"Aw.... I would have raced you, but there's no way you could beat me if you aren't very experienced. I almost want to get my saddlebag and draw something, but the donkey could show up any minute,"
she said, frowning. Laying down in her cloud, Art Streak started to think about the other campers. She had only met a few, and so far there was only one bad apple.

Edited by Art Streak

(edited)

@@Emerald Wave@

Rose looked down at her hooves. It was getting really hot out, and she was getting dizzy. She prayed to Celestia she wouldn't get heat stroke again. That was awful.

She flopped back on the log, so the her feet were on the ground on one side, and her front hooves on the ground on the other side. "Ugh, I'm so worried about this camp. I haven't been to any sort of summer camp since I was like, 10. That donkey hasn't done anything to make me feel..." She was interrupted by a shriek that sounded quite far away. Rose and Emerald exchanged slightly concerned looks, but Rose continued, "Well, he hasn't done anything that would make me feel more secure about being here. More feels like another 'worst week ever,' or however long we're here for. I've already lost my art supplies on the taxi here." Rose sat up straight and looked nervously at the ground, pondering what that noise might have been.

@@Emerald Wave

Right after she finished talking, Emerald asked a question. "Well, I work at my parent's coffee house, that keeps me busy, but I love doing art." She looked at the blue teacup that adorned her flank. "I always thought my cutiemark would be for art, or coffee maybe. I guess coffee + art = tea." She frowned a little, and she felt tears welling. 

Edited by RosemaryPetal

@,

Blaze nodded. "Come to think of it... I can be really fast if I'm motivated. Well... motivated isn't the right word. Excited would make more sense. Like when my dad yelled that he was giving me the neck cloth, I went across the house in a second flat.Oh you probably don't know what I'm talking about.  This cloth... is really dear to me. It's a family heirloom,, and it was given to me by my dad. I would go insane if I lost it."

@,

Missy Splash

Missy smiled, "Well don't worry about that! Stick with me and everything will be alright!" She said, then added, "I mean if you want to. Hehe." She didn't want the mare to think that she was just yanking and ordering her around.

@,

Lavender Pierce

Lavender shrieked in surprise as the lump leaped out of bed and onto the floor. Fortunately during the leap she was able to see that it was actually just another pony. A pegasus matter of fact.

"Hey, you know were supposed to be at the middle of camp right?" She asked then saw that the pegasus was trembling. "Calm down, geez, what am I a timber wolf?" She muttered. She was about to walk past her and out the door but stopped, steeled herself a bit and sat down beside the shivering mare. "You don't have to be...Scared of me, okay?" She said again this time in a less scathing voice. "We can be friends...If you want." She stated.

@@Ampharos,
"Well, if you'd like to race, then you can try. I'm not going easy on you though!" Art Streak put on her competition face, and spread her wings. Clearing her mind, she started to concentrate on flying. She felt each of her feathers, and wriggled them about. She kicked her hooves and prepared for takeoff.

(edited)

"Cool," she replied. Emerald began to sweat. She desperately wanted to find a pool to swim in. The purple Pegasus's cloud looked so cool, considering it was made of condensed water. Emerald wanted to cool off, and the cloud looked perfect. She didnt want to annoy the cute Pegasus, so she tried not to help it, but the cloud was just sitting there. She forced herself not to look.

Edited by Emerald Wave

((If you guys ever have to interact with one of my character, pleaaaase mention me because this is going Waaaay to fast for me to keep up with everyone...there are still some people who are at the end of the trail and need to post about getting to the cabin.))

@@DarligPegasi,

Star's eyes widened. "R-Really? I...I'd love too." She asked...no pony had ever offered her a spot like that...maybe her and Missy could be friends.
She couldn't help but smile as she looked up at the center of camp, now looking much much more excited about the day

@,

Blaze noticed Artsy's determined look. Hmmm.... How am I gonna get motivated enough to beat her... Blaze flared his wings and  jumped up to Artsy's cloud. "You ready?" I'm not. But his purple friend seemed intent on racing, and he wasn't going to let her down. He tightened his neck cloth and put on a determined look.

@@Emerald Wave@@DarligPegasi,

Rose felt the world start to spin, and she stood up. Looking around her, she saw Emerald's confused face. She fell to the ground and curled up, whimpering slightly. "Too... hot..." Her insides felt like mush and she just lay there, unable to say that her things were in her bag. Not only was she dying of heat, but her diabetes was kicking in. She must've been going through a blood sugar dip.

"Always have been, always will be. To that big rock past the lake. 3...2...1...GO!" Art Streak jumped and flew as fast as she could, wings beating hard. She dodged a few clouds, and propelled herself off of another cloud. She found the lake again and skimmed along it, getting the water in fur.

@, @@RosemaryPetal,

Blaze hadn't even taken off before he saw Artsy skim across the river. He laughed really hard until he saw Rose on the ground. She sounded like she was whimpering. He jumped down from the cloud. "Hey hey what happened? Do you need me to go get someone?" laze had a bucket load of concern in his voice.

(edited)

Emerald screamed. "ROSE!" she picked Rose up and bolted toward the cabin. She didnt remember if they shared a cabin, nor did she care. She put her on the closest bed. She rushed to get a bucket from her suitcase and filled it with cool water. Slowly, she poured the water on the mare's face, hoping to cool her off. "SHE'S HAVING HEAT STROKE!" she hollered.

Edited by Emerald Wave

(edited)

@@Ampharos, @@RosemaryPetal,
When she got to the finish, she noticed that Blaze was with Rose on the other side of the river. Rose was on the ground, and that wasn't good. Art Streak took off, and dashed to Rose's side. As soon as she landed, a green pony came and picked her up, then ran off. Art Streak turned to Blaze, and asked, "What is it with my timing today?"

Edited by Art Streak

@@Ampharos

Rose coughed a little and sat up, dizzy and somewhat not thinking clearly. "Ughhh, I guess, I'm just, so dizzy. You got water or a candy bar? Not sure if.. Heat stroke.. or my diabetes.." Rose tried to stand up but sat down again. She reached for her scarf and pulled it off. It's almost always on her, but she felt way too hot today. All she really wanted to do was be back at the coffeehouse, where there was air-conditioning. 

(edited)

@@Descant,

@@DarligPegasi,

Fire smiled as the donkey finished announcing the cabins. "Oh sweet, looks like we're sharing a cabin." She smiled and picked up her large travel bag, putting it on her back.

This bag had lots of extra room around the wings so ponies could fly with it, but for now, Fire just walked.

Star let out a small squeak as the Donkey yelled. She dropped her book but quickly picked it back up and shoved it in her bag before piling her guitar, accordion, and suitcase onto her back, holding her violin in her mouth.

She looked like she was moving from one house to another...and she also looked rather uncomfortable, but she quickly did her best to keep up behind the donkey, looking down at her hooves as she walked...mostly because looking up was made difficult by her guitar case.

"I guess so," Tag said, rejoining his twin as they trotted with Fire to wherever they were supposed to be going. I don't know, I've been busy.

"Kinda odd, though, mares and colts being put together," Rag said, giving Tag a smug, almost knowing look. He turned slightly pink, but other than that, did not reference the silent conversation they seemed to have just had. "I'm not complaining. I don't like being seperated from you," he said blandly.

Rag scooted right up next to Fire and muttered in her ear. "I don't think that's why he's so pleased," she giggled. "I think he's already got a bit of a crush on somepony..." She gave Fire a knowing wink just in time for Tag to tackle her to the ground.

Edited by Descant

@@Emerald Wave

Rose was interrupted when Emerald grabbed her and ran her into her cabin. next thing she knew, she was covered in water, but she did feel better, aside from being wet. it had been too late to stop her, unfortunately. "Emerald, I'm okay. This isn't the first time..." She trailed off as she looked down at whoever's sopping wet bet she was sitting on. "Oh no, we're in so much trouble. Who's bed is this?" She looked toward Emerald, still slightly dazed but a lot better from when she was laying on the ground not too long ago.

"I guess so," Tag said, rejoining his twin as they trotted with Fire to wherever they were supposed to be going. I don't know, I've been busy.

"Kinda odd, though, mares and colts being put together," Rag said, giving Tag a smug, almost knowing look. He turned slightly pink, but other than that, did not reference the silent conversation they seemed to have just had. "I'm not complaining. I don't like being seperated from you," he said blandly.

Rag scooted right up next to Fire and muttered in her ear. "I don't think that's why he's so pleased," she giggled. "I think he's already got a bit of a crush on somepony..." She gave Fire a knowing wink just in time for Tag to tackle her to the ground.

Fire raised an eyebrow as the two started wrestling on the ground. She rolled her eyes at Rags comment about Tag liking "Somepony" but on the inside her heart stopped...not in a good way. "You two remind me of my brother and I. We fight all the time." She laughed. "And in a good way...I mean like...wrestling and stuff, mostly to build muscle, someday, we're gonna join the best circus in Equestria." She said, proudly.

She may have pretended to ignore it, but what Rag said was still rushing through her mind, making her suddenly very nervous.

She smiled as they arrived at their cabin and quickly ran in. "I CALL A TOP BUNK SOMEWHERE." She said, spreading her wings and flying across the room to the top of one of the bunk beds in the corner.

@@DarligPegasi

Sorrow slowly poked her head right out of the covers, seeing this pony sitting next to her, with her still shaking. Why do ponies always want to try to make friends with her? First Art Streak, and now the grumpy pony from before... She only blinked a few times at her, still staring at her, gulping.

(edited)

Emerald Wave turned around and started jumping up and down, hoping her tail would fan her. 'Just like Night Star told you..,' she thought to herself. While still fanning her with her mane, Emerald used the twists on her tail to grab a cup from her suitcase. She quickly filled it with water and gave it to Rose to drink. "Oh, hold on," she said. She quickly whipped her tail into the suitcase, searching for a candy bar. She found one. Frantically, she gave it to Rose, still fanning her tail. "I'm so sorry. I wish I could cool you off more by getting you a cloud or flapping my wings, but I'm just an earth pony." 'Thank you Night Star,' she thought. 'For teaching me the tail grab.'

When Rose said she was fine, Emerald stopped and groaned. "DANG IT! I HATE HAVING ADHD!" She turned to Rose with a sad look. "I'm sorry, I have a mental disorder, it makes me over react," she explained, staring down at her hooves. "Oh, and don't worry Rose, it's my bed."

Edited by Emerald Wave

@@Emerald Wave

Rose took the candy bar and took a bite, but she looked to the side. "Sorry about that, and don't worry. I have such bad luck. Last time I had a blood sugar dip, I was at my Aunt's wedding. I'm sorry about your bed.." Rose was feeling really guilty, and embarrassed. All she wanted to do here was make just a friend or two, and just blend in with everypony else. She stood up, seeing if her legs would support her. "Ugh, sometimes, I feel like, such an idiot. I always say or do the wrong thing at the wrong time. I guess maybe you know how that feels." Right after Rose said that last sentence, she was worried if she might have offended Emerald. She's already made a fool out of herself, she didn't want to lose her only friend as well. 

"Oh, the bed's fine, I'm just disappointed that my ADHD took over me." She offered a faint smile to Rose. "No! No! You didn't mess it up!" she exclaimed. "If I hadn't gotten you in here, you would have been in the hospital!" Emerald made a nod. "Yeah, I know how it feels. I almost got my sister killed, but Night Star saved her. If Night Star wasn't with me, I don't know WHAT I'd do," she explained. She gave Rose a pat on she shoulder.