Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Orphanage

Feather Gem

Shade quickly turned around and stumbled backwards. "I... Um... No..." She said. She knew she was. Being a theaf has its perks. But she has gotten rusty from her time away from that life and learning the changeling way of life. They where kind of similar but... She didn't want to think about it.

@@Doppelrac,

"Then what are you doing?" Chamois asked suspiciously, walking towards her.  She heard voices from inside the classroom and knew that Mystical Flow was in there.  Probably with the filly from the mess hall.  Chamois gazed at the filly before her from the corners of her eyes, as her head was turned in an almost defensive position.

@@Feather Gem

Sunset pawed quietly at the floorboards.

"U-um, I guess so... i-i had some toast," she said. She was still quite hungry but was too timid to ask for anything else. it didn't matter, though. the hunger was overwhelmed by the desire to be alone and get some sleep. She didn't like meeting so many new ponies in one day.

Edited by Mint Drop

Shade blinked and felt like shying away. "Nothing... I... I" she said before she had a click in her mind. "Well... What dose it matter what I'm doing? I can do what I want, where I want, and with whatever I want!" Shades eyes flashed green as she finished her little rant. She backed down and curreled up into a ball. "I'm sorry" she said timidly.

@@Mint Drop,

Mystical smiled and nodded.  "Alright then.  Have you only been to the cafeteria?  I could show you to the rooms.  It's usually nice and quiet there during this time of day."

Mystical Flow could tell by the fillies body language that she wanted to be alone.  And she understood, not from self-experience, but from the experience of watching those around her.

@@Doppelrac,

Chamois Vine jumped back slightly when the filly began to yell at her.  Chamois stepped back.  She wanted to snap right back at her but the filly's sorry stopped her at the last moment.

"Its okay," was all she said.

Shade started shivering while curreled up in her ball. "No... No it isn't... I... I'm... I'm cursed." She said starting to tear up. She dose believe that she is cursed. Being part changeling and not being allowed at the hive... She felt like she didn't belong anywhere. And there's also the changeling side of her that she feels is trying to take over. She just can't control herself sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

@@Feather Gem

Sunset nodded.

"J-just the cafeteria, lobby, a-and here... u-um... p-please...um..." she mumbled in reply, staring down at her hooves.

"I-i-I have a... a q-question... D-do i have a roommate?"

She looked up at the mare timidly from behind her mane, wanting so badly for the answer to be no.

@,

Symphony finished eating and had just put her plate away when the voices returned.

"Oh, come on, not here. Everypony just stopped talking about Sunset Sky..." she muttered under her breath. She looked around and spotted the stallion who had spoken with her earlier. She cantered up to him.

"Um, mister, do you know what room i'm in? Can you show me where it is?" she asked as the voices got louder. She put a hoof to one of her ears to try to block the sound.

@@Doppelrac,

"Cursed?" Chamois repeated straightly, giving her an odd look.  Then she decided to play along.  "Well I suppose any pony who got stuck here could be cursed.  Wouldn't be surprised if I was."

@@Mint Drop,

Mystical Flow frowned.  "Well...all the colts stay in one big room, and all the fillies stay in another big room.  So you'll be sharing with all the other fillies.  You can pick any of the free beds though..." she said, a bit unsure.  At the moment, she couldn't tell what the filly wanted the answer to be.

• Brohoof 1

@@Feather Gem

Sunset shuffled uncomfortably. She didn't like that answer.

"O-o-okay..." she mumbled, looking back down at her orange hooves.  She wanted to be alone and was terrified of getting bullied.  Thoughts of the bullies from her last school and orphanage flooded iknto her head, making her hide her face even more. soon, she found herself in a tight ball on the floorboard, trembling with the pain her memories cause her and her fear of bullies.

"No... Not like that..." Shade said. Even tho that's not what she ment... She guessed that she was cursed that way. But that way was not what she was referring to. "There's this... Well... A monster that's appart of me... And I can't control it." She said referring to her being a changeling. She wished that she wasnt a changeling. if she wasnt a changeling, she would probably still be in the sewers of manehatten. But the sewers would definitely be her choice over being a changeling.

@@Mint Drop,

"Sunset..." Mystical whispered worriedly.  She sat down beside the trembling ball on the floor.  "I...let me sing you a song..." she said quietly.  Mystical Flow wasn't exactly a wonderful singer, but she wasn't tone deaf either.  She was average at best.

"Don't you worry, I'm watching over you.  Don't you cry, I'm making things alright.  Not everypony always has it easy.  Not everypony always has to have it hard.  Things always get better in the end, as long you stay strong.  As long as you stay strong..."

Mystical wanted to get the filly a room for herself, but she was hesitant to do so.  There were many nice fillies she could make friends with in the other room, and other foals have asked for their own room.  It wouldn't seem fair to them.

She may get her a room for herself for a week until she can adjust.

@@Doppelrac,

Chamois snorted.  "Oh, a monster I see," Chamois said, unamused.  She was too serious to believe many things before she saw it.  "Okay, sorry," she sighed, realizing she was being a bit of a jerk to the slightly younger filly.  "But, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about."

Edited by Feather Gem

Shade wanted to be left alone... Alone to do what she liked to do... Sneak around... She really wanted to shoo her away but hesitated to do so... She really didn't want to do it, but she also didn't want be talked to. She finally desided to do it.

She stood back up with her eyes closed... She opened them showing her all green eyes. Fire swarmed around shade and changed herself into her changeling forum. She glaired and growled at chamois hoping to scair her away.

@@Feather Gem

Sunset continued to tremble. Even though the mare's song  soothed her slightly, it was hardly anything.
Tears slid down her small, quivering cheeks as her memories continued to flow. 

Stop crying, you just make yourself look weak and useless. Even if it's true, other ponies don't need to know it, she scolded herself. Everything that had been said to her - worthless, waste of space, reason for bad things to happen, the list went on - had sunk in and she truly believed it.

After a few moments, she forced herself to speak, but what she said surprised her.

"B-B..." she whimpered. "B-b-bullies... I h-had... b-bullies..."

@@Doppelrac,

Chamois's jaw dropped and she stumbled back, falling onto her bottom.  She stared directly at Shade, locking her teeth together.

You should run.  Get out of there, now.  She's a...thing.  Go get help, one voice told her quickly.

No!  Running shows fear!  And if I ran, she'd probably just come and get me.  And I don't need any help.  Getting help never gets you anywhere.  I deal with things on my own, another voice told her, shoving the other voice away.

"W-well you we-weren't k-kidding about th-that monst-er thing, were y-you?!" Chamois stuttered, standing up so that she was in a more ready position.

@@Mint Drop,

Mystical Flow looked down at the filly.  She felt her heart ache for the poor, innocent child who had been thrown so many challenges.  But deep inside, she knew that in the end, the filly would grow into a strong mare.  And maybe then she'd be given a break and get an easy life.

But it still didn't change how everything was now.  And what mattered was now.

"I cannot say that everypony here is good," Mystical Flow said quietly.  "But I know that this orphanage is more disciplined them some others.  And what's more is that they have some pony watching over them that cares.  And I would never let anypony hurt anypony else.  Whether with words, or physically," Mystical Flow continued, wanting so bad to reassure the little one.

Mystical Flow was close to tears herself.

@@Feather Gem

Sunset sniffled a bit. She didn't want to be here, or anywhere, for that matter. She wanted to disappear. 

It's not like anyone would miss me...

But.

Maybe she could trust this mare... She seemed kind and caring and seemed to have no malicious intent. 

Should i tell her? Well... it'd all come out sooner or later anyway... E-ven if it didn't, it's probably in a file or something...

"I...Wh-..." she continued to whimper, but forced the words out. "A... A f-few years ago... S-some ponies... th-they bought out th-the orphanage... T-they went around to d-different ponies everyday and... b-beat them... I-i always hid in my room..." she paused, swallowing and working up the nerve to continue. She was quivering violently now, and the silent sobs that caused tremors through her body didn't help. "Th-then... th-they found m-me... A-and they came... e-every day..." she sobbed again. "A-and... s-sometimes... They would b-b-bring in... A kinfe... a-a-and c-cut me..." Her tiny voice was barely a whimper now, and she hid her face in her hooves. Not to be dramatic. She was just so ashamed of being so weak and useless and just staying in a little ball and doing nothing to help anypony else.

@@Mint Drop,

Mystical Flow found herself shaking slightly as the filly told Mystical her story.  She found tears prickling in her eyes but blinked them away.  Sometimes tears helped the child, but sometimes they didn't.  Mystical couldn't risk it.

"No, Sunset," she said quietly.  "I will never let them happen to you for as long as you're here.  I won't let anypony take over this orphanage if they are cruel and heartless.  And I won't even think of leaving for years to come."  Mystical paused for a moment.  "I'll protect you like my own."

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 1

Shade just stood there and growled. Already she was filling with regret. Why did she do this? But sometimes she can't control herself. She changed back into her pony forum, "just as I said... I'm cursed." She said. Her eyes started tearing up, "why can't I be normal... Everypony lives normally wile I gotta be a monster." She whined...

@@Feather Gem

Sunset wasn't sure how to respond. She just continued to quiver in her tight little ball, hiding her face away. 

After a few moments, she forced herself to stand up and talk. It was all she could do not to collapse to the floor in a little ball again.

"C-c-c-can I... p-please g-go somewhere i-I can be... a-a-alone?' she whimpered through the tears. Yes, this pony was kind, and yes, she was starting to trust her - even though a cold fear gripped her insides whenever she thought about other ponies or being in an orphanage, a terrifying voice in her head telling her it was all going to happen again, and she believed it - but all she wanted was to be left alone so she could cry without feeling like somepony was going to come and call her names for it.

@@Doppelrac,

Normally?!  There's nothing normal about having to live as me!  But there's nothing normal about living as you either.

Chamois stood there, not saying a word, still in her defensive position, ready to get out of there if she had to.  She didn't think she'd have to though.  This thing didn't seem very...

She was crying.  The thing was crying.

Chamois felt sorry for her, but she knew that crying solved nothing and continued being silent.

@@Mint Drop,

Mystical Flow nodded.  "Of course.  I understand.  Sometimes, you need time alone," she said.  All the orphans who came here needed time alone on their first day.  Even the most clingy ones needed time to just sit and think about what they'd lost.

It was worse when they were old enough to know what was happening.

"You can sit in my office," Mystical said.  "I'll put a sign up saying I'm out and no pony will bother you there.  Sometimes..." Mystical smiled.  "I like to sit under my desk.  Its a bit of a tight fit for me but sometimes it's nice down there.  Come on then."

Mystical Flow stood up and nodded at her to follow her.

@@Feather Gem@@Doppelrac,

Sunset nodded and followed Mystical out the room. There were two nearby fillies, and it seemed they were having a fight of some sort, or something. Knowing running back into the classroom would bring attention to herself, she settled for hiding behind Mystical Flow's tail.

A dark carrage pulled up to the orphanage a grey mare stepped out a small yellow filly following after her. The grey mare carried a suit case up to the front door setting it down on the front step, she turned to the young mare now, "I'm very sorry about your parents but this is your home now." The orphan only stared at the ground and the grey mare continued, "they said you hadn't talked yet, I'm sure you're just in shock I'm sure it'll wear off after a few days." the young filly looks up with a depressed look not saying anything. "Yes, well i have to fo now but you be good..." she knocked a few times on the door looking at the suit case which had a name beautifully printed on it, "...Luminari." After saying this she walked back to the carriage and the driver pulled away.

• Brohoof 1

Shade fell to the floor and was sobbing on the floor... When she looked up... She saw that there where more ponies around her. She hid herself behind her hooves not being able to handle being looked at. "Can I please just be alone?" She asked still sobbing on the floor.

@@Mint Drop, @@Doppelrac,

Mystical Flow glanced around at the two fillies, her eyes wide in surprise.  She looked at Chamois Vine and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Vine..." she began.

"I didn't do anything!  She just...I didn't..." Chamois stuttered, astonished that Mystical was blaming her.

Mystical Flow sighed.  "Nevermind, Chamois.  I'll..." the mare sighed again.  "Chamois, run along."

Chamois stared at her for a long moment and then turned and trotted away.  It was silly, but Chamois couldn't help but feel hurt when the mare brushed her off.

Mystical Flow was too busy to really take care of what she said as carefully as usual.  With the two terrified fillies, she had to deal with that first.  Mystical Flow bent her head down towards Shade.

"Shade, sweetie, is everything alright?" she asked gently.  "You can go ahead and sit in the classroom here.  It's nice and quiet.  I can come and see for in a moment," she suggested with a soft smile.

Shade looked up at mystical. She didn't say anything because she was still sobbing. She just got up onto her hooves and entered the classroom. She sat down and thought about the happy times she had in the sewers... But thoes happy thought quickly turned into the devastation she had to deal with... She wished she could talk about them... But... She just couldent talk about them.

@@slimmyjimjim

Mint Remedy had gone to the lobby. She had remembered some medical forms that had to be filled out, and being the head nurse, it was up to her. She went behind the counter and had just found the paperwork when she heard a knock at the door. Setting the papers nearby in a neat pile, she rose from her seat and trotted to the door to fine a filly with a suitcase.

"Hello," she said softly, leaning down a bit so she wasn't towering over her. "Are you a new arrival here? Come on in, it's cold." She stepped aside and held the door ope, giving thefilly a soft smile.

@@Feather Gem@@Doppelrac,

Sunset watched the ponies talk from her spot behind Mystical. As a pony passed her on her way to the classroom, she noticed it had been one of the ponies from the lobby. she moved sso she was hide again and timidly looked up at the mare beside her.

"U-um... c-can you show me y-your office?" she mumbled, not wanting to seem impatient but wanting to go to the room as soon as possible at the same time.

((bringing Broken Cloud in soon.))

Edited by Mint Drop