Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

There are two things I like doing in GTA V

Going fast:

PemzA43.jpg

And making cars fly through the air.

Bn5cZ4P.jpg

I do have a picture, Filly! Hold on a sec ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Okay, incoming hardware pictures! :yay:

Here's one I took earlier today when there was more light (I'm going to show this off on LTT but I'm trying to find old pictures of my previous parts before I do that)

LPOOlUN.jpg

I know my cable management isn't the greatest, but I don't exactly have a lot to work with in this case...

Here's a picture of everything in the dark

pgbzSis.jpg

Better picture of the Tron lights

jozMLjS.jpg

One day if Noctua makes a 92mm Industrial PPC fan that isn't that poop brown and vomit tan color, I'm going to swap out my current CPU cooler fans for those. In the meantime....

Poop brown and vomit tan it is!

• Brohoof 2

poop brown and vomit tan Noctuas do look good in there

You know...I was kinda thinking the same thing....

Stockholm syndrome? :wacko:

But really, they don't look bad...they don't look great, but not bad. Still, I think a black and brown fan would look much better in there :lol:

At the end of the day, I could benefit from a new case. At the same time, I'm not suffering without one. I did have to make some...ahem...modifications...to this case to get the GPU to fit in there. There was so little room to get the fans onto the heatsink that I cut my fingertip on the fins and it would not stop bleeding (I guess you could say my blood and sweat literally went into the making of this thing because the air has been very swampy lately). Another problem with the heatsink is that it's so low-profile that the RAM actually interfere with the fans. The fan closest to the front of the case is being pushed up slightly by the RAM sticks. And these aren't high profile sticks. :lol:

It was difficult getting everything to fit, but I love the way it turned out. I see a lot of PC's with lots of LED lighting and it looks gaudy. I like my PC to look more of less Plain Jane on the inside. Of course, all my stickers on the outside are just there because I like them :twi: But I also like having this mid-tower case housing all these badass parts because I love the idea that big things come in small packages :yay: I think it's an awesome feeling to have a regular sized PC that will outperform a lot of people's rigs with giant full tower cases. 

Oh, and it'd still be quieter because all dem Noctuas :comeatus:

I also got a tube of Arctic Silver 5. I think I may use it on my GPU, but I really do not want to open this thing back up for another couple years except to dust it. 

Oh, and both fans are running in pull to minimize dust inside the case. And if I ran them in push, they'd be working against both the CPU and GPU fans. CPU cooler is obviously running in push-pull lol

• Brohoof 1

(Only 711651 to go!)

Well, I haven't closed this tab so I will post this here. My computer is pathetically slow right now with two web browsers (one using Tor and one plain browser) open with Javascript enabled. (Yes, my computer is underpowered enough to be noticeably faster by whitelisting Javascript that I want to run and leaving it off by default.)

Well I wanted to see if AMD was being truthful that the R9 290 and 290X could stand up to 95°C. 

I turned the fans down in Afterburner and ran Kombustor. I chickened out when it got up to 91°C so I'm pretty sure it'll run at 95°C though I'm not comfortable with it running at 85°C to be honest. 

*wishes with all his heart that IPPC fans will become available indaFillypines.*  :maud:

• Brohoof 1

(Only 711649 to go!)

Disqus' Javascript seems to hate my computer. (Disqus is comment software for blog posts.) I get five minutes of extreme sluggishness, then my browser tells me a script is unresponsive. :sigh:

(edited)

*gives Grepper a newer computer* :maud:

Speaking of AMD, they've FINALLY lowered the pricing of, especially, the R9 290/290X, to the point I would consider either of them over the GTX 970. :wacko:

Now, don't get me wrong, the 970 is still a kick-ass card, and if I were routing for lower power consumption and heat, I would probably take that over AMD's big dawgs. But, considering the 290's pricing is about the same to a higher-end 960 here, I might as well just damn power consumption/heat output for the better price/performance. :yay:

However, the R9 300X series is just around the corner, and I may not be building the PC anytime soon, so I should probably wait. :maud:

Edited by Fillypino Pride

(edited)

What Mac said... :muffins:

Though how about Snewp Dawg instead of Snoop Dogg? :ph34r:

@ :comeatus:

Also, I HAB RETURND :ph34r:.

Edited by Fillypino Pride
  • Brohoof 3