Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Audition - Female voice needed for YouTube series

Happysalesman

Hello, one and all.

As the title suggests, I am in need of a female voice for my a new YouTube series: My Little Fanfiction: Reviewing is Magic.

Yes, I said fanfiction. No, this does not mean you should immediately start running for the hills.

What I hope to do in this series is to make a change from the constant "gawd your fanfiction sucks!" into something along the lines of "Okay, this is what's wrong, now fix it."

However, as I was fleshing this idea out, I came to a realization. I, like the many iterations of Dr. Whooves, need an assistant.

Your job as the assistant is to read passages from the story, converse with me as we walk through the story, and do as the assistant does: assist. (Don't worry, no manual labor required). In reality, this means read the script, and add in as much creative input as you can (seriously, can't get enough of that).

The Assistant as a character:

So far, there isn't much background written for the Assistant, as what I had in mind was that the character(s) and backgrounds would develop as the series continues. The idea I have is that the Assistant took the job because hey, everypony needs a job, not really knowing what it would entail. So in the first few episodes she would start out rather confused, and develop from there.

So, if this sounds like something fun to you, here's a sample script:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NPcaJyHdEGo5Al4buyY-gUHT_VVILGnNkrMz5WAawVQ/edit?usp=sharing

As you can tell from the script, some mild language occurs, and exaggerated reactions for entertainment value are shown.

How to Audition:

Simply pick a portion of your favorite lines, record them as a .wav or .mp3 file and send them to: happysalesman01 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Edit: Apparently my hotmail email isn't working. If you try to send to that one and it fails, send it to: alfared@comcast.net (confirmed by rascal61 that it does work)

Also, I feel I should make note that I want this series to last quite a while, so I am looking for someone who can make a commitment to the project and has at least a few hours a week to work on this.

Thank you everypony, and good luck! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or PM me.

Edited by Happysalesman

Sorry, I need to ask. I have sent an email to you with my audition and such and when I did it came back as a failed send message. It seems I cannot reach your email and I was wondering if there is anything before 'happysalesman01...'

I would just like to know so I can send you my audition.

I am going to try www. before the rest of the address and hopefully that will work, if not I will try the second address. I hope that I can get it too you soon. 

I am going to try www. before the rest of the address and hopefully that will work, if not I will try the second address. I hope that I can get it too you soon. 

Well 'www' definitely wouldn't work lol, emails don't work like that. But I did receive it at my comcast.net email, so you're good ^^. With luck, this won't be a lengthy process and I'll be able to let everyone know about my decision.