Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who will be the next leader of Equestria?

goldenHoof

Me. I'm going to unlock the secrets of Quantum Physics and learn how to control the 1D strings so I can travel to Equestria and take over the planet with my zombie army that's not really dead because I created them using my Quantum Awesomeness. They'll be blue with purple stripes and I'll call them, "Kiwis."

Next time you see me, I'll create a shotgun republic. Simple formula: Either you vote for me or you meet Mr. Shotgun.

Definitely an interesting hypothetical question... The issue is, we probably won't be seeing Celestia and Luna step down in the timeframe of the show!

I find that this is one of those questions that just begets more questions: must the ruling faction(s) be alicorns? Is rule passed down after death, or after a ruling party voluntarily steps down? Aaaaargh!

Maybe the mysterious Princess Cadence fits into this somehow... Noooopony knows!

• 3 years later...

its gonna be twilight. she is a alicorn now. I don't know if alicorns are immortal like Olympians, or if they are only extremely long lived like asgardians. the show is heavily based on greek mythology so they might be immortal.

• Brohoof 1

In this universe probably twilight seeing as she doesn't have a real kingdom of her own like cadence celestia and luna. In another universe, my OC would be the next ruler seeing as she isn't a true princess of equestrian and doesn't have a kingdom either. She has all the qualities of luna so she could rule. I guess it's all a matter of what universe you mean! :catface:

Well logically it would be the elements because they already sorta rule it or at least know how to defend Equestria.

However, Twilight should be ruler to my opinion. Not because she's best pony (okay maybe a little) but also because I believe when the time comes around that Celestia and Luna resign (or pass away ;-;), Twilight will have grown so much as a pony and a princess of friendship. I believe by that time she will be capable ruling and defending Equestria.