Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kinda of a downer moment in the shows cannon about the elements

FNGRpony

we all know the scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JbrRCqIT78

They all line up to blast discord.  And the elements are starting to work,

now i've seen the suggestion from Tommy oliver aka broney curious

"Of course discord knew they wouldn't work."

their not in their right minds, even twilight.

And that head canon is awesome.

accept it's not what i see, the other 5 are powering up and what appears to fail is simply the fact spike isn't rain bow dash.

that's kind of a bummer.

Cause honestly spike isn't a bad substitute for the element of loyalty.  I mean when you think about it, he's been with twilight the longest.  Who could possibly be more loyal?  Not just that but he never gets discorded.

Of all the reasons for the spell to brick out that strikes me as a weak one when their are much better ones,

but that's just my view point.

I also liked discord's shock when he looks up "Oh crap it's working."

cause you can tell he was banking on "their not in their right minds i got this in the bag,"

• Brohoof 1

Discord probably wouldn't have used Spike, to try to corrupt him with greed or disloyalty. Discord was pretty confident, but when he could have used the opportunity to stop the Elements from working once again he just sits there and let's Twilight and her friends use the Elements to turn him into stone.

The elements failed simply because those wielding them weren't in harmony. Yes, they seem to be powering up at first...And? I've seen a car seem to start just before the engine dies. I've seen numerous machines seem to kick on before going kaput. That's all that's happening here. It all went according to Discord's plan, despite a moment of shock.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The elements failed simply because those wielding them weren't in harmony. Yes, they seem to be powering up at first...And? I've seen a car seem to start just before the engine dies. I've seen numerous machines seem to kick on before going kaput. That's all that's happening here. It all went according to Discord's plan, despite a moment of shock.

Using the same car analogy

you never got to find out if the car would start.

the car starter is cached.  rarity, flutter shy, pinkie, twilight  and apple go up in the air,

Spike remains on the ground.  (about 40 seconds in).

that's my point.

I think it's a faust thing.

Edited by FNGRpony

Using the same car analogy

you never got to find out if the car would start.

the car starter is cached.  rarity, flutter shy, pinkie, twilight  and apple go up in the air,

Spike remains on the ground.  (about 40 seconds in).

that's my point.

I think it's a faust thing.

Of course Spike remained on the ground. Spike wasn't the wielder of the element. The elements aren't trading cards. You can't just assign them to anybody. If you could, Celestia wouldn't have had to wait one thousand years to see them reactivated. But even if Dash had been there, the discord (heh) among them would still leave the elements faulty.

How great would trading cards be, though?

Edited by Koelath

Spike is seen as kind of a lesser being in the show, though. He's pushed around by Twilight, even though he's a dragon. Because that makes sense.

Is he? I don't remember him ever being pushed around. I mean, unless you count a person telling their assistant to assist them as pushing them around... :P

Twilight is kind of a jerk to him. They almost have a big sister/little brother bond, and I get that, but she's kinda snobby to him, and is often left out. It's actually one of the reasons I don't particularly like Twilight. Take the Ticket Master: She never even offers the ticket to Spike, even though they've been friends forever. He says he doesn't want it, but shouldn't she know better? He thought they were going to hang out in Grand Galloping Gala, and gets completely ditched immediately. Spike takes out Rarity's trash? Come on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Of course Spike remained on the ground. Spike wasn't the wielder of the element. The elements aren't trading cards. You can't just assign them to anybody. If you could, Celestia wouldn't have had to wait one thousand years to see them reactivated. But even if Dash had been there, the discord (heh) among them would still leave the elements faulty.

How great would trading cards be, though?

And now i'm picturing luna and celestial trading elements on a bed like two kids with a box full of base ball cards.

Celestia

"Come on Luna I need magic to fill out my collection, I'll give you two happinesses elements"

Luna

"through in a generosity tia and you got a deal."

Celestial

"I could throw in a trip to the moon."

Luna

"hay look at that I don't even need this one!"

Twilight is kind of a jerk to him. They almost have a big sister/little brother bond, and I get that, but she's kinda snobby to him, and is often left out. It's actually one of the reasons I don't particularly like Twilight. Take the Ticket Master: She never even offers the ticket to Spike, even though they've been friends forever. He says he doesn't want it, but shouldn't she know better? He thought they were going to hang out in Grand Galloping Gala, and gets completely ditched immediately. Spike takes out Rarity's trash? Come on.

well to be fair he didn't want one if you watched ticket master.

he got one and than didn't go lol.

But that's our spikey wikey.

I think he's mental from being raised from twilight.

Edited by FNGRpony

If he says he doesn't want it, that's his fault. If he's lying, why should she sit there prying the truth from him? Twilight would have ditched anyone for Celestia. That's nothing to do with Spike himself. And he takes out Rarity's trash because he's a smitten tool. :P

If he says he doesn't want it, that's his fault. If he's lying, why should she sit there prying the truth from him? Twilight would have ditched anyone for Celestia. That's nothing to do with Spike himself. And he takes out Rarity's trash because he's a smitten tool. tongue.png

HAY, hay, hay,

Hay.

hay.

I like the fact at least one character on the show can act like a love sick loser with out the whole broney dumb getting butt hurt.

Spike is pretty much like the minor character instead of being the major character.

All i can express that he is pretty much useless in the show except for Crystal Empire and writing letters.

All of the times, he didn't do much to help defeating villains since Mane 6 has the elements of harmony.

Ok! Enough out of topic.

If Spike can use the element of loyalty at that time, the story would be shorter and much more boring than expected.

It could humaliate Rainbow Dash in which angering Rainbow Dash fans.

(edited)

Spike is pretty much like the minor character instead of being the major character.

All i can express that he is pretty much useless in the show except for Crystal Empire and writing letters.

All of the times, he didn't do much to help defeating villains since Mane 6 has the elements of harmony.

Ok! Enough out of topic.

If Spike can use the element of loyalty at that time, the story would be shorter and much more boring than expected.

It could humaliate Rainbow Dash in which angering Rainbow Dash fans.

Um he is the one who bails twilight out on lesson 0.

about the same time Lauren faust is no longer writing the show,

oh look a male character is aloud to do something major and positive.

what a coincidence.

back on topic

I loved this. it's not that spike does anything or accomplishes anything.

it's a small minor moral victory accomplished by common sense.

Edited by FNGRpony
  • Brohoof 1