Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something I noticed about Princess Luna in The Crystal Empire P1

Wardaddy

Considering her sister probably pays more attention to Twilight than to her and is giving her the rightful job of the pair, I'd be pretty pissed in Luna's shoes too.

But they are talking about a very serious topic, and Luna tends to seem to be the more silently and serious of the two (I mean, she barely ever has showtime so we know very little about her, and she got stuck on a moon for a few hundred years...)

Edited by Sayaka Maizono
  • Brohoof 1

Luna doubts her sister's judgement, and does not agree that Twilight should be chosen to tackle such a dangerous and important task. I do not believe that it was a look of malice, but rather one of concern and reluctance. Keep in mind that Luna is a very traditional Alicorn who fully embraces her royal heritage. She conducts herself much more seriously than her sister, Celestia.

• Brohoof 3

Well, her hair moved. one moment you couldn't see her other ear and now you can. also before it was flowing and then suddenly it isn't.

Ok, I seriously hope you were joking there, because I don't find it one bit funny. I know it's Luna, and turning her heel would wreck her character development, but we can't be too careless of her. For all we know she could turn, could, but like always, we've to find out.

Luna doubts her sister's judgement, and does not agree that Twilight should be chosen to tackle such a dangerous and important task. I do not believe that it was a look of malice, but rather one of concern and reluctance. Keep in mind that Luna is a very traditional Alicorn who fully embraces her royal heritage. She conducts herself much more seriously than her sister, Celestia.

*sighs* I suppose you're right. Luna is a tad more serious than Celestia, however we must remain vigilant as well. As we all saw, defending the Crystal Empire from a pony version of Sauron proves to be quite difficult, and Luna wasn't sure Twilight was ready for the task. But like I said, we must remain vigilant.

I was serious. i thought you were talking about something being up with her animation or something.

Face wise, serious moment is serious.

I don't think Luna doubts her sisters judgement, but she had just been denied the chance to go to the crystal empire and kick the crap out of sombra. (she could have done the barrier spell and cadence could sleep and sombra would be stuck outside all day.)

She's probably at little pissed. Don't forget she wants to prove she can protect equestria just as much as the other princesses.

• Brohoof 1

I was serious. i thought you were talking about something being up with her animation or something.

Face wise, serious moment is serious.

I don't think Luna doubts her sisters judgement, but she had just been denied the chance to go to the crystal empire and kick the crap out of sombra. (she could have done the barrier spell and cadence could sleep and sombra would be stuck outside all day.)

She's probably at little pissed. Don't forget she wants to prove she can protect equestria just as much as the other princesses.

Which can lead to what? That's right: envy. Now don't worry; I haven't forgotten that if Luna gets jealous again, it'll screw up everything she's ever learned, but what you said there opened a door that could lead to Luna becoming jealous again. At the end of the day though, it won't happen, which to me personally sucks plot, but it is still the proper course of action overall.

Which can lead to what? That's right: envy. Now don't worry; I haven't forgotten that if Luna gets jealous again, it'll screw up everything she's ever learned, but what you said there opened a door that could lead to Luna becoming jealous again. At the end of the day though, it won't happen, which to me personally sucks plot, but it is still the proper course of action overall.

We need to see whether or not the whole thing isn't a flash back ( i think it is because she says Princess, as in only one other not 3 others)

They do however seem to be taking the route the comics took in that becoming NMM isn't exactly a willing transformation. Luna would let go of her envy, jealously or whatever but still transform if it can get at her own self doubt,

(edited)

We need to see whether or not the whole thing isn't a flash back ( i think it is because she says Princess, as in only one other not 3 others)

They do however seem to be taking the route the comics took in that becoming NMM isn't exactly a willing transformation. Luna would let go of her envy, jealously or whatever but still transform if it can get at her own self doubt,

Well now, one day I theorised that perhaps when Luna said "There can only be ONE princess in Equestria", she was intending to target Celestia and the other princesses as well? Because that would mean Celestia, Cadance and Twilight are in grave danger, and I do mean grave. However, as you said, we'll have to wait.

Between you and me, I read that S4 Villain Revealed thread, and I hope that the vampire pony isn't the actual villain. It looks like it was created by the Pony Creator, and with Halloween closing in it's too coincidental.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

I think I see where Luna is coming from. She feels that her sister is making the wrong decision on sending Twilight to the Crystal Empire, because Luna thinks that Celestia is not taking this matter seriously. She might be concerned for Twilight, since Celestia is sending her out to the empire that she is almost not familiar with.

I think I see where Luna is coming from. She feels that her sister is making the wrong decision on sending Twilight to the Crystal Empire, because Luna thinks that Celestia is not taking this matter seriously. She might be concerned for Twilight, since Celestia is sending her out to the empire that she is almost not familiar with.

Yes, it does seem that way. But it could also be underestimating Twilight on Luna's part. Seriously, the face she makes at that scene seems downcasting enough that Luna doubt's Twilight ability for the job and feels she should take it on herself, or at least go with Twilight. Either way, I'm still suspicious.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I never thought that Luna was doubting Celestias choice to send Twilight. Maybe Luna feels bad for not being able to protect and Empire and want to have some involvement in saving it. 

*Directed to general audience of this thread* Can you see where I'm going with this? Perhaps Luna may feel that Celestia favours Twilight more than her, and it could be she's slowly growing jealous. She wants to play a part in the defense of the Empire as well, but it would seem Celestia has more faith in Twilight, to the point where Luna thinks her own sister is doubting her abilities. Maybe, after all that, Nightmare Moon will return in Season 4 after all. All she needs is time, and the proper moment where the bronies will accept her return, without citing the destruction of her character development.

*to pinkiefan* Exactly. Luna doesn't believe Twilight is ready for such a dangerous task, and feels that it would better suit the situation if she went, but no. Celestia chooses her student over her sister, and I don't think Luna is taking that well. If that flashback we saw in the sneak peek is a warning, then perhaps Twilight will be chosen over Luna for something else, and it makes her angry to the point where Nightmare Moon can exploit it in order to return.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

*Directed to general audience of this thread* Can you see where I'm going with this? Perhaps Luna may feel that Celestia favours Twilight more than her, and it could be she's slowly growing jealous. She wants to play a part in the defense of the Empire as well, but it would seem Celestia has more faith in Twilight, to the point where Luna thinks her own sister is doubting her abilities. Maybe, after all that, Nightmare Moon will return in Season 4 after all. All she needs is time, and the proper moment where the bronies will accept her return, without citing the destruction of her character development.

*to pinkiefan* Exactly. Luna doesn't believe Twilight is ready for such a dangerous task, and feels that it would better suit the situation if she went, but no. Celestia chooses her student over her sister, and I don't think Luna is taking that well. If that flashback we saw in the sneak peek is a warning, then perhaps Twilight will be chosen over Luna for something else, and it makes her angry to the point where Nightmare Moon can exploit it in order to return.

Well it is an idea that Nightmare Moon might come back, because of Celestia favoring Twilight. But, it also seems kinda dumb for Luna to turn back into Nightmare Moon just because of jealousy. That was the same reason why she became Nightmare Moon. Because she was jealous of Celestia. Now it's Twilight. It just seems weak.

Besides wouldn't Luna be against giving Twilight the book. At the end she seemed fine giving it to her. Still only time well tell what happens next. 

The thing about MLP is that we never know if something the writers do is just for that episode or is part of the canon. For whatever reason they wanted Luna to doubt Twilight or Celestia or both, but we have no proof that Luna still feels that way. Plus based upon 4th season opener NMM is not the bad guy.

• Brohoof 1

She has a stern look on her face. Okay. Great. Wonderful. What exactly did you notice then? That she has a look on her face? Everyone noticed that. An important job is being entrusted to some random student, I'd look that way too. Who does that?

Edited by Koelath
  • Brohoof 3

Meh, I don't think Luna is evil still, at the very most she may feel a bit jealous of twilight, but I think part of it may be that she's just more serious on average then celestia or twilight or other ponies.

I don't think she's evil still or anything, guess it won't be a whole ton longer before we see though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*This is for the bronies who are sceptical of my idea. Everypony else can continue reading*

Ok, look here, I know it won't happen. I'm just being suspicious. For one thing, I'm allowed, and isn't it part of human nature to give scrutiny to any one person/pony? Long story short, Luna's still good, always will be good, will never turn bad. I'm just theorising that maybe the flashback Twilight experiences in the S4 opener is actually a warning. It's called being wary. Deal with it.

Anyway, only time and fate will decide whether Luna reverts to NMM or not. Right now it's too early, and obviously senseless for NMM to return, but perhaps something will happen in S4 that will prove to be the final straw for Luna, and she falls off the wagon again at the right time. That is what I believe right now, and I do not care to play by any other terms.

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

*This is for the bronies who are sceptical of my idea. Everypony else can continue reading*

Ok, look here, I know it won't happen. I'm just being suspicious. For one thing, I'm allowed, and isn't it part of human nature to give scrutiny to any one person/pony? Long story short, Luna's still good, always will be good, will never turn bad. I'm just theorising that maybe the flashback Twilight experiences in the S4 opener is actually a warning. It's called being wary. Deal with it.

Anyway, only time and fate will decide whether Luna reverts to NMM or not. Right now it's too early, and obviously senseless for NMM to return, but perhaps something will happen in S4 that will prove to be the final straw for Luna, and she falls off the wagon again at the right time. That is what I believe right now, and I do not care to play by any other terms.

No offense, but if you didn't want to hear anyone's opinions other than your own, you should not have started this thread in the first place. There is absolutely no need to get defensive just because people don't necessarily agree with you, or because they have a differing opinion. If you want to engage in open discussion on a public forum, you need to be prepared to entertain the possibility that some people may have a different opinion or perspective towards your topic. No one is saying that any one opinion is right or wrong. We are simply putting our own two cents into a collective jar of thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

No offense, but if you didn't want to hear anyone's opinions other than your own, you should not have started this thread in the first place. There is absolutely no need to get defensive just because people don't necessarily agree with you, or because they have a differing opinion. If you want to engage in open discussion on a public forum, you need to be prepared to entertain the possibility that some people may have a different opinion or perspective towards your topic. No one is saying that any one opinion is right or wrong. We are simply putting our own two cents into a collective jar of thoughts.

I understand, but that is not the case here. I was simply offering clarification on my position to scrutinize Luna. In a separate NMM thread, I was told of the look Luna gave Twilight after she left Celestia's side, and after inspecting that scene, I dismissed it as Luna being concerned for Twilight. However, the episode was on TV yesterday, and after putting it on, I reached the scene mentioned above, and after analysing Luna's expression, it looked more like jealousy than concern, as not only was Twilight given the job ahead of Luna, Luna may start to think Celestia doubts her abilities to get the job done, and sure enough she wouldn't take that too well, given her seriousness about her role as a monarch.

While I admit that being defensive against other opinions is a flaw of my character, in this case it was mere clarification that I was once again suspicious of Luna, and my intent was to raise the matter with the other bronies on here in order to examine their opinion. Frankly, most are against the idea of Luna growing jealous again, however there are other possibilities to look at. Luna, being evil, may be giving Twilight a downcasting expression that she would not survive this test, or like others are saying, she may be doubting Twi's ability to do this thing. I'm gonna place my two bits on Luna giving Twilight a downcasting expression, as while she would not be jealous, she would still be counting on Sombra to defeat her (possible alliance between Sombra and Luna, or Luna pulling the strings of Twilight's fall from grace?)