Moving my Review Feedback

Captain Brony (MG11)

This is very much feedback and an angry letter in one. (To put it more accurately i will cite what they say in Titanic what is described as a "strongly worded letter")

I don't know how the forums handle reviews seeing as I never see any aside from the RWBY review I wrote earlier this month.

I do understand though why my review was moved to the episode discussion seeing as many of my views and opinions were there to share with everyone else's views on it.

As much as it would spur discussion it actually doesn't help me as a starting reviewer.

RWBY was my first attempt to review media and I'm testing my methods/formula to better improve my reviewing process.

Moving my Season 4 Premier review to the specific episode's discussion deters proper feedback. How so? Because 1 or 2 people will see it and reply. While the other responses will be to other hundred opinions/views. After the first few views it will sink down into earlier posts and become less relevant to those who go to the thread eventually not seeing light again.

Basically my review was fated to sink into the ocean of responses.

What if I wanted feedback for my review style? What if someone wanted to refute my points or help me see something I missed?

"You can read the discussion?" Yes, because I want to filter through a ton of posts that are usually points repeated two or three times and responses that aren't relevant to my review until I find the one.

This goes vice versa as well. Others may learn from my view or see something they didn't notice. Some might want to give advice to help me as a reviewer.

I want this feedback and now I have minuscule chance of receiving it.

I understand the majority of decisions the mods make, but I wish to contest this one time.

Please help me as a reviewer to grow and help others and myself so we can learn from each other. Allow me to keep my original review where it is in the future to make it easier to do these things.

If not then I just don't know.

Might as well quit FiM reviews now or undesirably switch to YouTube reviewing since no where else really appreciates MLP reviews.

I eagerly await a response and I will understand if nothing is done about it now or in the future.

-Captain Brony, Down but not Out!

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)

@@Captain Brony (MG11),

While it is perfectly okay to ask for reconsideration of any mod actions, the way to do so is to make a moderation support ticket and not to create a topic about it. If you would like this to be addressed by an administrator, please hover over the 'help' button above and click 'Contact MLP Forums'.

In order to give you some immediate feedback, the problem here is we can't just let everyone post their own review topic about an episode. Doing so would have the same effect as grouping them all in one topic. If all 683 replies to the topic had been their own thread would any of them be seen more than they are now?

Another option you have is making a blog. You referred to yourself as a "starting reviewer", so this could be a good option (as it is one that many other reviewers use).

• Brohoof 1

1. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do that. Normally other forum sites don't have a problem with me making a thread like this in the Feedback section. Though I did make a call to action I felt it was appropriate to post it here seeing as it is feedback since I'm pointing out the consequences of my actions as well as the moderators/admins actions. (Which can be important for others to see if they planned on doing what I did)

2. I will say that most posts there are opinions but not proper reviews like I saw in the Blog section just now. Rarely are the posts organized and in review format. (So please dont associate the work and time a reviewer puts into their reviews with leisure comments, they are not the same) Again I completely understand why what happened happened so I will cease to contest this decision since I knew this would be one of the end results. (I will also be removing my review from there since it is my firm opinion that it doesn't belong there. (I will put it in the blog like you suggested)

3. I'm not too familiar with Blogs but I suppose i could give it a try. I'll have to see the results in the future to see if it is worth submitting them there.

Thank you for you feedback to my feedback (feedbackception)

Edited by Captain Brony (MG11)