Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Don't know how to go at this...

MrBlueCheese

Not really sure what "off-topic" entails (unless you mean anything not directly relating to the convention) but i'll give it a shot.

I betting dollars to donuts that many of you leave your computer on overnight, which is an environmental no-no (however, i do forgive you). Why not do something useful with that wasted energy?

Folding@Home is a free, distributed computer processing program that takes the wasted CPU(s)/GPU(s) processing power and puts it to good use (protein folds to be exact). This is beneficial because the understanding of these folds can help to develop cures to diseases ALS, Parkinson's, Huntington's and many others (including Alzheimer's, which both parents on my mom's side of the family suffered from).

Instead of having one large supercomputer that the scientists must bid for, they can distribute it to millions of computers across the world.

I've done it for quite some time before joining the Brony@Home, and it is a constructive way to do some good.

There's even a Brony@Home contest, where they award prizes to those who donate their time to the cause.

Check it all at here: http://mlpf.im/mq (safe link)

Edit: To change link over to new URL shortner (still safe link).