Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How old is the oldest person you know?

Dreambiscuit

This question can apply to anyone you know personally, but for the sake of conversation, we can include the people you’ve met in person, recently or otherwise. Let’s talk about our interactions with walking, talking history.

• Brohoof 1

The oldest person I ever knew was my grandmothers neighbor. She was 93 years old. She was a very kind woman who loved cats and loved to read. She especially loved Winnie the Pooh. As a kid she also always had the best candy at Halloween.

• Brohoof 1

My grandpa is 89 and my grandma is 80. They are the oldest I’ve known personally, I think. I met a lady who was a guest at work and she was 95. She was so sharp and focused it was a joy to talk with her and hear about her life in a bygone age. I also met a man who had been in a newspaper article chronicling his experiences in WW2. He was a genuine hero by all accounts and yet he was the most soft-spoken, sweet and humble man you’d ever want to meet. I love to talk to people who have seen and experienced so much history. I’m glad some cultures, Japanese comes to mind, that honor their elder citizens as they deserve, rather than writing them off.

• Brohoof 1