Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP Character inquiry

Cimarronboy
Go to solution Solved by Ice Storm,

I'm thinking about joining the rp area of the site but I have a problem with my charactr(s). I say characters as they at first are two separate beings that then merge as they are the same person but from different planes of existence. The problem is my character is overpowered. in my fanfics I've balanced this by making him run out of energy after so long during confrontations. I've also made it so he has some specifications that also balance out his power level. They may also be taken as a marty sue as they have a dramatic backstory and near godliness, though they are from from perfect, have an out of control temper that sometimes gets unleashed and they do have limits.  I'm wondering if there'd be a way to use this character while keeping things the way they are. 

You could possibly keep this character, and use it when roleplays pop up and they allow such powerful creatures.

But I think for the most part if the character is too powerful and you sign up for a roleplay then the Roleplay Master will ask you to tone down their power or not accept it, so maybe if you still wish to partake in roleplays. Create a new character, one that lives more in the confines of whats accepted, but that doesn't mean that you have to make a boring character. You can have a very original and creative character, but maybe instead of going full out in the power sense they are more down to earth in their nature.

A character that you have described would be perfectly allowed in the regular Roleplay World, as there are no Canon rules or stipulations to go off of. you can create whatever you'd like to be able to participate, Depending on how you toned down the power though, the split personality think would also be an interesting idea for a EqE  character, but it would take some work. Otherwise, yeah, characters like that are fine in the normal database. Just make sure to read the individual rules of each roleplay before posting in them and make sure the own of the RP accepts you into it before doing so! See you in the RP world.

All right thanks. I think I have an idea on how to tone things down without turning myself (character wise) into a one trick pony. If I may, what is "EQE?

if i'm not mistaken it's an abbreviation of the Equestrian Empire

• Brohoof 1