S04:E07 - Bats!  

401 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

10 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I always thought that the Mane Five ganging up on Fluttershy was only part of the song in kind of a fantasy way because right after, they’re all pretty calm again and Rarity is acting more sympathetically than she was in the song. :rarity: Just my reasoning. :kindness:

You can totally see it like this :) Their behavior towards Fluttershy changes right after the ending of the song just as you said . Still I didn't like it and that's all I mean

This was a good episode. It's one of the better Applejack episode I've seen in this season. Flutterbat was really cool. I like the atmosphere. The song, Bats, was really catchy. Though, one problem I had with it was the Mane 6 ganging up on Fluttershy during this song. I thought it was pointless, out of character, and so unnecessary.

27 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Though, one problem I had with it was the Mane 6 ganging up on Fluttershy during this song. I thought it was pointless, out of character, and so unnecessary.

I said this to @Astral Soul as well but I think that was just part of the fantasy element of the song because immediately after, Rarity is much calmer then she was before. :mlp_rarity:

(I always defend the Mane Six by the way.) :twismile:

2 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I said this to @Astral Soul as well but I think that was just part of the fantasy element of the song because immediately after, Rarity is much calmer then she was before. :mlp_rarity:

(I always defend the Mane Six by the way.) :twismile:

True.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Fluttershy makes me angry here, being totally unwilling to help a friend in need in this moment:

Twilight Sparkle: So, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I found a spell that can get the vampire fruit bats to stop wanting to suck the juice from the apples. But in order for the spell to work, I need the bats' full and complete attention.
Fluttershy: [gasps] Oh no.
Twilight Sparkle: Fluttershy, I need you to do your Stare on the bats.
Fluttershy: Oh, gosh, I don't know.
Rainbow Dash: What's the problem? You've used the Stare plenty of times before!
Fluttershy: Yes, but it's not something I take lightly. I've made a vow not to use it except in dire circumstances.
Applejack: This circumstance is plenty dire to me!
Rainbow Dash: Me too! Think of the cider! Won't somepony please think of the cider?!
Fluttershy: I'm sorry. I just don't like the idea of taking away the thing that really makes the vampire fruit bats [inhales] vampire fruit bats! It just feels wrong!
Twilight Sparkle: But if we don't do this, there won't be any apples left for anypony here in Ponyville. Doesn't that feel wrong, too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STOP THE BATS ! STOP THE BATS ! MAKE THEM GO AND NOT COME BACK !

This song got stuck in my head for weeks after the original showing of this episode. It's really good and it's rare to have Appljack singing like that, and I like her voice. I think Fluttershy could've come up with the solution of having the bats sectionned off to one part of the orchad at a time sooner, it's just the most obvious solution. Applejack being stubborn and not wanting to follow any kind of path other than her own was 10/10 characterization.

Flutterbat is honestly the cutest for of Flutters ever. Bat ponies are cool in concepts, but I think it doesn't work with every design, esp with all the dark and grey coated one. Flutters on the other hand, with her yellow coat and pink mane, turns out more like a vampire pony, with all the grace and ethereal beauty that comes with it. The last shot of the episode, lingering on her fangs still being there, never amounted to much, which is a shame.

6+1+1/10, our first double bonus point episode ! +1 for the song, and +1 for Flutters !