Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Topic reply notifications

Flutter's lover <3
Go to solution Solved by Princess Periwinkle,

I like to keep up on topics. But the notification selections isn't very good. I can either select a daily digest through email or instant notification through the site. I like instant notifications of topic replies. My only grief with it though is I get a new notification for Every. Single. Reply. To the point it fills up my notification list.

Is there a way to only get 1 notification per topic no matter how many replies there are to said topic?

Here's an example from a Mountain Bike site I frequent on. Each topic has one notification(not one for every reply) but also says how many replies there's been to it since I  last visited it.

Is there a similar setting I can set  for this forum?

post-16340-0-23792800-1388610104_thumb.png

I would suggest using the "only when offline" setting, then. While you're online, you can see recently updated threads in the box on the homepage, and when you'll only get notifications when you're offline. That should at least lessen the notification spam, although it won't eliminate it.

post-15615-0-53075700-1388610736.png

Unfortunately, I doubt that IP Board has the capability to do what you're asking which is basically the same as how Facebook does it: One notification per topic, telling you how many people contributed to it.

• Brohoof 2