movies/tv South Park, what do you think of it?

Side Bird

On a whole (after watching literally every episode), it is possibly one of the best shows ever created, in my opinion. And I say that after being a staunch hater of it until a few years ago...when I actually sat down and watched the whole thing through. Until that point I'd only seen a few episodes from that time in middle school my brother taped over my Inuyasha recordings (which, no, my mother did not know what that show was about - I told her it was about a person who was half dog who saved the world) with South Park, and all the episodes were from season one, which is still my least favorite season even now. I hate programming that is just crude, gross shock humor, and that's what the early episodes tended to be. So with that as my base point I decided that it had to be the dumbest show ever. But a couple years ago my coworkers at this fast food joint I worked at were talking about all their favorite moments and I remember thinking "wait...South Park did THAT? They were that smart? They were THAT clever? Nuh-uh." So I tried it myself. And they were indeed that smart and that clever. The satire is truly top notch, and it's not really that crude (compared to the other 'shocking cartoons' like Family Guy and that ilk, which are literally just crude for the sake of being crude). Rude, sure, but it's far from just gross-out shocks. Actually most of the time it isn't even gross out, just shocking. They tear apart just about every sacred cow there is, and I think I'm at least the better for it. Holding things so sacred they become untouchable makes jackasses out of people (I mean just look at what certain religious organizations allowed for generations because of their believed untouchability). 

I love South Park so much, I've been watching it since it first aired.

This season is so good, I feel like they've really nailed the last two years and the election is just giving it every joke it needs.

Can't wait for this weeks episode.

Butters it totally my favourite, I'm so glad they've kept him around.

Banner.jpg

That was the show every kid loved in middle school for the wrong reasons (Lulz it's for adults!), and while I liked it back then I was one of those kids. It's only until very recently that I've started to realize how good it actually is, I've been meaning to catch up on the show but there are a lot of episodes. 

This might change after I watch every episode, but at the moment my favorite character is Butters. He's just so sweet and innocent in such a messed up world, and I love it. 

• Brohoof 1